Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. iOS to Desktop Video Scaling Issue

had someone call me through iOS to Teams macOS, their video was HUUUUUUUUUUUGE. Like just the person's nose and teeth. Very bizarre.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I wish we could schedule a video call that would start each workday at the same time

Our team has a daily stand-up at the same time each day. It'd be nice if the call were started automatically so that everyone could join - without having to start and name the call each day.

Perhaps it'd be a "recurring meeting" function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Mark, we have this!

Just create a meeting in whatever channel you want this regular meeting to happen. Here’s how:

In the channel, click the little video button. In that window, you’ll see a little calendar button that says “Schedule a Meeting”. Click it.

This will open up a meeting window. Fill in the details of your meeting (name, add members, details, etc) and click the box that says “Repeat”.

Then send the meeting.

It will add the meeting to everyone’s Outlook calendars, which will appear in both Outlook and Teams.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

3. Allow me to disable video on my end

My low bandwidth often makes video choppy and degrades overall call quality. Being able to disable video of other call members on my end would allow me to use precious bandwidth for voice instead of video.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Transfer / Dial the call to any existing queue or speed dial number

not possible to transfer calls directly to existing queues which are internally.

For example the service desk gets a call and wants to transfer it to the "2nd level support queue"... they need to know the names of the employees there instead of transfering easily to the existing queue

As workaround I tried to save the number into my speed dials. nevertheless I wasn't able to dial the call to the Queue number

The user should be able to search the queue by name of the queue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call Queue position notification for Caller

Provide the option of notifying the Caller of their position in the Call Queue in the On Hold music.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change dial tone (not ring tone)

Since our company uses teams as a phone solution, I am absolutely annoyed about the dialing tone.
    Is there an option to change this tone to a 'normal' dial tone?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make a membership for a call queues activ or inactiv for a user himself

In Skype for Business you can activate or deactivate your own membership in response groups under Tools, Settings for response groups. We use that for our hotline. The responsible employee enters and exits himself in this way.
    Teams appear to lack this option in connection with call queues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Voicemail: "Let caller record a message or be transferred to someone else" confusing behavior

It is possible to configure your voicemail so a caller can press zero to be transferred to a different number. Your greeting could say "For immediate assistance, press zero." I have discovered that if someone calls from an outside line, gets voicemail and then presses zero prior to being prompted, the outgoing greeting keeps playing while the call is ringing the target. This means you hear "Please leave a message after the beep... Press zero to be transferred" while you also hear the target ringing. This is very confusing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Contacts integration

Provide option to select which number, when pulling number from one's CONTACTS,

I have multiple numbers per one contact. Teams does not give the option for choosing a specific number from that contact.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would love to have a HOLD button in the call - not via the ellipses

When in an active call - to place the call on HOLD you must access the ellipses to choose hold - same with Transfer - users may find it more user friendly if the actions are available on screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Information about call quality differences between Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Skype for Business と Microsoft Teams の通話品質の差異の情報について
    Information about call quality differences between Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Skype for Business と Microsoft Teams の通話品質の​差異をまとめている公開情報や資料がほしいI want some public information and documentation that consolidates the differences in call quality between Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when the phone rings the only button that is colored and gets pushed is the red one. Bad design

When a call comes in on teams the only button that is colored is the hang up symvol (red). Everyone is tempted to click on the hang up symbol as users are all conditioned to stay away from greyed out symbols.

Make the pick up button green at least.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add participant to call by searching contacts

In an ongoing call, we have the opportunity to invite someone to the call. It is desirable to be able to look up contacts from the contact list. When searching the Contacts found under the Calls tab, we can find the contacts from Outlook Contacts. When searching for people to add to an onging call, these contacts ain't available. We have to add them by using the phone number. This worked perfectly in Skype for Business, and this is expected to work under Teams as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mutliple numbers on a user, auto-attendant or call queue

It would be great if we could have an Auto-Attendant that has more than 1 number assigned to it. Most organizations advertise or have advertised multiple numbers in their history. It's unacceptable that I can only have 1 number route to an AA or Call Queue or user. In another phone system we support, a user or AA can have a main Direct Inward Dial number and 10 alternate DID's.

Will this be implemented in Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mute "Unknown Participant is now Joining" message

When joining large meetings, the notice of "unknown participant is now joining" is very disruptive. Please allow an option for an organizer to either mute this notice or be alerted when an "unknown participant is now joining".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Start recording from inside a meeting or a call

When I'm on a call (not a meeting) with a co-worker, and shareing my desktop, I'd like to be able to start a recording

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Caller id policy to forward to external number

Please allow us to forward all incoming voice calls to an external number (a number not in Microsoft). This would only be for calls coming in that are calling a voice phone number...we want those calls to be directed to our company's current 1 800 number instead of reaching the specific user the voice number is assigned to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. save my regular "dial me in" phone number

It seems to do this on the mobile version (though not sure if that could be my phone doing it) - please save/make available regular "dial me in" phone numbers. I always join meetings with my audio via my mobile (so I can both move around and use mobile headset that isn't optimised for laptop usage)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. About call groups

Currently, creating a call group requires user interaction from the client.

Functions created by the administrator in advance should be implemented.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. communications credits payment options

add the option for bank payments / debits as payment options, only credit card is available

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base