Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for existing Skype-Compatible wireless headset devices (Jabra, Sennheiser, etc.)

Make Teams compatible with wireless headsets (USB or Bluetooth) that are able to be used with Skype.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to zero out of voicemail to operator

When a incoming call goes to voicemail, we would like to see the ability for the caller to press zero (0) and get the operator.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Doesn't show Audio Call start, stop, and duration on Chat

For some reason Audio Calls stopped recording the start and stop times, as well as duration of the Audio Call, on the Chat window. There is no record whatsoever that we switched to Audio. I still run Windows 8, so maybe it's because you're trying to pull the plug on Windows 8? :)

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback.

Would you also be able to provide comments clarifying if this is Call History or Chat?

Thank you very much!
    -Warren

7. While in a call, add another person to the call

Reopening previous UserVoice post per request of MS Support:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16952083-while-in-a-call-add-another-person-to-the-call

"While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button."

This is NOT completed - this feature, as well as various other features (such as Delegate Call-As) are not available in PSTN calling/Calls tab, only Teams-to-Teams calling (via the Chat tab).

These features have been marked as completed in the UserVoice as well as the roadmap but that is not correct.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. voice and video in Internet explorer and Chrome

When is voice and video coming to Internet explore and Chrome,

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for multiple default local dial-in numbers for PSTN

Currently it's only possible to have one default local number added to an MS Teams meeting invite.

It would be helpful to be able to be able to include multiple default local calling numbers as meeting participants can often span multiple calling areas/cities. Otherwise, the additional number(s) must always be manually added.
    Otherwise, the additional numbers will need to be manually added by the PSG member with a meeting request update after the initial meeting request is sent out.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable Audio, Video, and Desktop sharing by user

Our users are spread across the globe, with varying bandwidth strength and local policies on video calling. We desperately need the ability to enable audio, video, and desktop sharing in Teams only to a subset of users (either by users or by location). We are able to do this with Skype, so makes sense to do the same in Teams.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enhanced Call Queues

When will Serial Routing call queues be enhanced? Currently the routing is based on the alphabetical structure of the distribution list which does not work for my call groups. We need the ability to define the routing by agent.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Should work with Bluetooth Headsets

Teams should work with wireless bluetooth headsets. Why work with a select few such as Plantronics or Jabra. I have a brand new Beats 3 and it is useless with this product. Supposedly it has the newest chip for connecting seamlessly with products.
    Thanks,

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams on phone does not use Bluetooth or Android auto

To have teams intergrate into your car. It could be low level like just have Bluetooth audio calls over bt in car. Or go high level and intergrate it with Android Auto or Apple car play. Just like Google does with hangouts. As we try to business still while traveling in ours cars.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Persistent call controls on active calls

In Teams Calls while on an active voice call, the call controls disappear from view. Can you add a Setting to make the call controls persistent for active calls?

This is particularly a problem after opening the Dialer, which makes it so that when you hover over the teams window, the call controls do not re-appear. You must close the Dialer before you are able to successfully end a call.

If you cannot add an option to make call controls persistent, can you add in the call controls to the Dialer area?

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Call Queue Opt In/Out Based on Status

If my calendar says I'm in a meeting, or if I'm away, etc, Teams changes my status accordingly. This should also change my call queue status.

If my status is Busy, Away, DnD, I should be automatically taken out of any or all of the call queues I'm a part of.

Ideally this should be a per-queue setup option. Along with giving call queue agents the ability to opt in/out, there should also be an option for status-based opt in/out.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group Voicemail

We have a number of teams that use a group phone number, and hence would like to have a group voicemail box so that anyone in the group can access the voicemail

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being able to focus and enlarge a camera/confrence room video stream

When there is a video stream from a camera it's shared with other non camera feeds (user avatars). I'm able to select a "Screen Share" stream and make it full screen; I wish I could do the same with a conference room feed / camera feed and not have the main camera feed cut off by other users' avatars without a camera.

This would also solve issues with the video feed being cut-off.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Side by Side Video Chat window (for multi-party >2 video chat) Getting Cut Off

We frequently have 3-way video meetings. All parties have widescreen video cameras (required to capture all staff members sitting at boardroom tables at each location) Teams places the 2 external location video streams side by side and subsequently cuts off half of each picture. There are no options to re-arrange the video pictures independently or to show, full screen, who is talking. Ideally, we'd like to be able to resize each of the party's windows how we see fit (including a option to move/resize/hide the window showing what our own camera sees, allow the active speaker's window to take top…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn down volume for other apps when you get an incoming Teams call

I was listening to Spotify when I got a call on Teams. I had to manually turn down the volume on Spotify to be able to hear the Teams call. This happens automatically in Skype for Business.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.