Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhanced Call Queues

When will Serial Routing call queues be enhanced? Currently the routing is based on the alphabetical structure of the distribution list which does not work for my call groups. We need the ability to define the routing by agent.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams on phone does not use Bluetooth or Android auto

To have teams intergrate into your car. It could be low level like just have Bluetooth audio calls over bt in car. Or go high level and intergrate it with Android Auto or Apple car play. Just like Google does with hangouts. As we try to business still while traveling in ours cars.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global Win+F4 keybind for mute/unmute like Skype/Lync

General (any window)
    Use the following keyboard shortcuts no matter which window has the focus.

Press this key or
    keyboard shortcut: Windows logo key+F4
    To do this: Self-mute/unmute audio.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Keyboard-shortcuts-for-Skype-for-Business-74eda765-5631-4fc1-8aad-cc870115347a

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Persistent call controls on active calls

In Teams Calls while on an active voice call, the call controls disappear from view. Can you add a Setting to make the call controls persistent for active calls?

This is particularly a problem after opening the Dialer, which makes it so that when you hover over the teams window, the call controls do not re-appear. You must close the Dialer before you are able to successfully end a call.

If you cannot add an option to make call controls persistent, can you add in the call controls to the Dialer area?

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for multiple default local dial-in numbers for PSTN

Currently it's only possible to have one default local number added to an MS Teams meeting invite.

It would be helpful to be able to be able to include multiple default local calling numbers as meeting participants can often span multiple calling areas/cities. Otherwise, the additional number(s) must always be manually added.
    Otherwise, the additional numbers will need to be manually added by the PSG member with a meeting request update after the initial meeting request is sent out.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Breakout Sub Conferences in Teams Audio Conferencing

Often both IT and the Business hold large audio conferences for crisis calls. It would be great if Microsoft Audio Conferencing could allow the audio conference host to create break outs within their main audio conference.

West, Avaya, Cisco etc. have this capability and it prevents Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing from growing in the enterprise.

Example:
    1. 100 people are on an active audio conference.
    2. The meeting host says "Those who need to talk about specific issue ‘A’ please press #1 to be taken to a break out conference".
    3. Any audio conference participants in the main call who…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display incoming caller Id when callers dial a call queue

Incoming calls to a call queue should show the caller id of the person calling. It only shows the name of the call queue in Teams.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Should work with Bluetooth Headsets

Teams should work with wireless bluetooth headsets. Why work with a select few such as Plantronics or Jabra. I have a brand new Beats 3 and it is useless with this product. Supposedly it has the newest chip for connecting seamlessly with products.
    Thanks,

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable Audio, Video, and Desktop sharing by user

Our users are spread across the globe, with varying bandwidth strength and local policies on video calling. We desperately need the ability to enable audio, video, and desktop sharing in Teams only to a subset of users (either by users or by location). We are able to do this with Skype, so makes sense to do the same in Teams.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Being able to focus and enlarge a camera/confrence room video stream

When there is a video stream from a camera it's shared with other non camera feeds (user avatars). I'm able to select a "Screen Share" stream and make it full screen; I wish I could do the same with a conference room feed / camera feed and not have the main camera feed cut off by other users' avatars without a camera.

This would also solve issues with the video feed being cut-off.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turn down volume for other apps when you get an incoming Teams call

I was listening to Spotify when I got a call on Teams. I had to manually turn down the volume on Spotify to be able to hear the Teams call. This happens automatically in Skype for Business.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Extension Dialing

Dailing by extension is a behavior that our customers and staff are very accustomed to. I expect most customers who are coming from other phone systems, ie. Nortel, RingCentral, and others are used to providing their extension to outside parties to call in to them rather than a bunch of random DID numbers. The July 2018 roadmap indicates that extension calling is available now (https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf) but this is not the case. At least not for external callers calling into an auto attendant.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
    * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Side by Side Video Chat window (for multi-party >2 video chat) Getting Cut Off

We frequently have 3-way video meetings. All parties have widescreen video cameras (required to capture all staff members sitting at boardroom tables at each location) Teams places the 2 external location video streams side by side and subsequently cuts off half of each picture. There are no options to re-arrange the video pictures independently or to show, full screen, who is talking. Ideally, we'd like to be able to resize each of the party's windows how we see fit (including a option to move/resize/hide the window showing what our own camera sees, allow the active speaker's window to take top…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Receive inbound calls in Teams via Calling Plan

Currently, it appears that Teams ignores PSTN calls except if outbound, sending calls directly to voicemail unless Skype is open. In order to migrate our organization to Teams, we need to have PSTN calling fully operational in Teams.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the use of existing USB handset like Polycom CX300

Would love to be able use our existing investment in devices like the Polycom CX300 USB handset with Teams. I can understand why LPE devices won't be supported, but would like to see simple USB phones supported with the client.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show Number Normalization like in Skype for Business

Presently there is no feedback to the user when using to Dial pad or /Call that the number is being normalized. Unlike in Skype 4 Business when you dial an extension number (and this gets normalized) there is no indication to the user that they are dialing a valid number before they press call

In this example I'm using 4 digit extensions and I have a normalization rule to translate 5xxx to a full number. Pressing Call will normalize and call the number, but there is no preview of the number, No reverse contact lookup etc

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.