Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow video quality settings to be adjusted downward to conserve bandwidth.

Many meetings do not need the highest resolution video generated by attached cameras, but could operate quite well with lower resolutions. It would be good to have a setting allowing the attendees to select a lower resolution for this reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to add a call to an existing outbound call via phone number - create a conference on the fly

When placing a call to a direct number, we do not have any ability to add another call to the current call. This is putting a massive strain on our business as we typically conference in vendors together on the fly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. RDP remote microphone support should be added

Remote RDP thin clients with a microphone should be able to use Teams remotely. At present, I am told that Teams does not have a microphone whilst connect via RDP session, with both mic and speaker enabled on the client.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Persistent call countrols on active calls for mobile Teams version

In Teams Calls while on an active voice call, the call controls disappear from view. Can you add a Setting to make the call controls persistent for active calls?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate MS Stream Comments with Teams

Recording a Teams meeting to Stream is AWESOME! It would be even better if you could comment on that video in Teams. For example, I go to my meeting recording in Stream and make a comment - that comment is actually tied back to the meeting thread in Teams (allowing for @ mentions and other native Teams functionality).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Replace background in conference calls

I guess the biggest issue why I see the use of video chat seldomly in my use cases is because of the background. While the glossy marketing videos always show the user sitting in a neutral, rid-up area most of us have backgrounds which aren't as presentable. If Teams could filter out the background of videos in real-time and replace it with something neutral, this feature would probably find a far more extensive usage.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Turn down headphone volume. My headphones are at setting 1 at it is blarring in MS Teams.

Other programs have a setting to adjust volume for that program. My headphones are at 1 and it is blaring. Headphones work for other programs, but blast my ears in MS Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Headset

Will teams work on a PC will regular headsets or will they need to be SfB compatible? Are their any wireless ear buds that connect to a PC that work with Teams? Apple ear pods?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio freezes from conference rooms

Audio cuts out, sometimes it looks like the video freezes as well.
    When talking in a conference call the users in a conference room with a logitech speaker puck and webcam (or a polycom speaker with video) will freeze for 1-4 seconds while they are talking.

Users that are on the call from their desk or phone will also hear/see the problem. Users on the call calling directly from their desk or phone will never cut out/freeze.

This problem does not happen in Skype for Business, we have switched our teleconferencing to Skype for Business after it has gotten bad…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add “Like” Button to Video Meetings.

“Good Point” Icons floating on Team Video Calls

When you do a Facebook Live Video, people who are viewing it can click Like and it will show a Like Video Icon across the bottom of the video.

When in A Teams Video meeting, when someone is talking and makes a Point or a Comment you like Give us a “Like” Button. That Scrolls a “Like” Icon across the screens of the video feed for all to see.
    This would let people agree with the speaker without interrupting

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. broadcasting

When will the SKYPE Meeting Broadcast function be available to Teams, as a business we are trying to fully adopt Teams and with SKYPE being stopped at some point in 2019 this function is a must for Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd love to have an audio I/O panel I can test and set before actually being on a call.

I like to get everything set up first before calling, so I can concentrate on what I'm saying and don't have to dig for anything during the call. Also, I do sound tech demos over these calls, so it would be nice to be able to select different devices (like Loopback) so I can get other applications' audio into Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Meet Now" Video simultaneous with Word Editing

While inside a Team if you start a Meet Now Video Conference and you want to share a word file online with the entire team so people can be taking notes and writing specs as the video call continues, the Video Window disappears as the word doc uses the full screen.
    The Desktop Version of Team should allow Video Pop-Up on a new Window like Skype when people are on Full Screen using a word or Excel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Uncoupling the mini-viewer during a call

I'd like to be able to uncouple the video mini-viewer from the Teams interface, so I could drag it to another monitor (and make it full-screen) while keeping the regular Teams interface open on the first monitor.

That way, I could more easily see the caller, or what he is sharing, full-screen, whilst keeping one eye on my own Teams content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. picture-in-picture

make video calls available to be used as small picture-in-picture windows (maybe with each member of the call being draggable) so that the videos can be overlaid onto the screen when working, and resized to be as big or as small as desired.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. iOS to Desktop Video Scaling Issue

had someone call me through iOS to Teams macOS, their video was HUUUUUUUUUUUGE. Like just the person's nose and teeth. Very bizarre.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I wish we could schedule a video call that would start each workday at the same time

Our team has a daily stand-up at the same time each day. It'd be nice if the call were started automatically so that everyone could join - without having to start and name the call each day.

Perhaps it'd be a "recurring meeting" function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Mark, we have this!

Just create a meeting in whatever channel you want this regular meeting to happen. Here’s how:

In the channel, click the little video button. In that window, you’ll see a little calendar button that says “Schedule a Meeting”. Click it.

This will open up a meeting window. Fill in the details of your meeting (name, add members, details, etc) and click the box that says “Repeat”.

Then send the meeting.

It will add the meeting to everyone’s Outlook calendars, which will appear in both Outlook and Teams.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

20. Allow me to disable video on my end

My low bandwidth often makes video choppy and degrades overall call quality. Being able to disable video of other call members on my end would allow me to use precious bandwidth for voice instead of video.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base