Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to switch on Backgrounds before answering incoming calls, or making calls

Just need an option to switch on Background effects before answering an incoming call, or before making a call.
    Also add an option to have the effect switched on by default.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Something like a 'thumbs up' icon showing person is agreeing

I feel we should have something similar to a "Thumbs up" icon when on a call where there is one presenter and multiple attendees. It can be used to give presenter a kind of consent that "yes, we agree !". Otherwise it becomes so messy everybody turning their mics on and saying a yes/no or even if we use the chat feature, then presenter needs to switch to the chatbox.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Teams Call Quality Dashboard to export a list of all users with call quality issue

For now, call quality dashboard can see the percentage of poor call quality, but cannot see the list of all users with call quality, which increase the difficulty of troubleshooting call quality issue for an administrator. We cannot even identify the network environment with the issue in a global tenant.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable incoming video EXCEPT presentation

Currently if you disable incoming video, presentations are disabled as well, but you might want to disable cam stream, but not shared screen.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move people ribbon to top of page in video call when sharing content

In a video call with multiple attendees when content is shared, the ribbon with videos of individual participants is at the bottom of the screen. However the webcam is at the top of the screen. When the ribbon would be at the top of the page, you would actually be looking more into the camera. That would make the user experience more real life as you have more eye contact.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replace Caller ID Service Number

Replace Caller ID Service Number.It does not work with all destinations. in many of them it is identified with the user number.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why can't speed dial actually speed dial my "group"

Enable a Speed Dial button within a Group so that I can dial my entire Group, with one button. Without it, nothing really changed from Old Skype. I still have to click each person in my group to add them.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. participants list

Please add all call history into Outlook conversation history, we use that t get the participant list.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better visibility if someone is on a call

Add an option to show when someone is on a call, being in a meeting or busy, clearly, than just the red dot. This was a feature in Skype, where the status was clearly visible along with the name and the color of the dot.

This helps people to know what status the other person is really on before a chat ping or making a call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to call the mobile of a M365 F1 user

This issue occurs for licensed users that have M365 F1 subscriptions assigned. Although these users have a mobile number associated to their AAD user account, Teams users that have dialing plans assigned, cannot call the mobile number of F1 users nor is it available for selection: Teams initiates a Teams call and does not display their mobile number as an option to call.

USE CASE: Frontline workers leverage their mobile phone for connectivity to work. Back office staff such as Life Safety Department, must lookup the frontline workers 10 digit number in the Outlook GAL, Delve, etc. before using the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Subtle secondary ringer when already on a call

When on a call. If a second call comes on, the ringtone drowns out the current call.

Make the second call ringtone more subtle, similar to how it works on a mobile/cell phone.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mute all other audio when you answer a call

IN Skype for business all other audio muted (such as audio streaming, youtube, videos etc) but in teams this does not happen but I think this is a must have feature.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Place calls by Clicking Phone Numbers

Skype PE was always integrated with windows whenever there is a phone number in any website or even in Outlook contacts, I can click the number and system will pop up a message to call using Skype PE.

Examples:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2

Please make this option with Teams since we are moving to it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone screen

Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone.
    My company has started using teams and almost everybody (well everyone I have called, and I do it too) hits the 'hang up' icon rather than the 'answer' icon. The correct icon to hit to answer the call is counter intuitive.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add ability to call phone numbers and text or link teams to phones

Add ability to call phone numbers and text or link teams to phones

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat calling: Show more than one number

When you click on the "Call-Button" in a teams chat, only the mobile number and Teams to Teams call are displayed.

It would be great if you could also see existing Corpnumbers (Officenumbers) that are synchronized with the Azure AD.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate better with the Plantronics 700 series headset

Please fix the integration with the Plantonics 700 series. In Skype for Business when I start a call or enter a meeting the PC is automatically activated as the input device. I'm also able to mute headset and have status reflected as the same both in Skype and on the lights for the physical device regardless which way I initiate the mute. I want those features in Teams.

I'd also like those features to work in Teams while Skype for Business is also still running. My company has both running throughout the day. We just use the audio for one…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Join a PSTN call on hold to another existing PSTN call

When I place a call on hold and call someone else, I cannot join the two calls. In Skype For Business we had a "merge" function. This is not available in Teams.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow video streams to be placed on top

Would like the ability to move the video streams while in a group Teams meeting sharing content. All the video streams appear below so all participants are looking down. If streams were on top (where most webcams located) then users would appear looking straight ahead.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for voice route translation rules in Direct Routing

Direct Routing in Teams works almost exactly the same as in Skype for Business on-premises except there is no support for trunk translation rules. This means that if you have to do any manipulation of numbers before sending to the PSTN, you have to do it at the PSTN gateway level. This probably isn't possible if you are using a service provider for Direct Routing.

It would be useful to have this feature added (maybe to the CsOnlineVoiceRoute cmdlet ) to give more flexibility when communicating with third party PSTN providers.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base