Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. screen share scaling

Mac client does not properly scale screen sharing content. While viewing a shared screen on Mac, the Mac Desktop Teams client overlay obscures part of the content being shared with no ability to scale or otherwise fit the shared content to the viewable frame.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to record their voice -- to be used in Dial By Name & Voicemail

Please allow for user's to record their voice. This recorded voice would be played back when a match is made in the DIAL BY NAME DIRECTORY and when users are about to leave a VOICEMAIL. This really helps 100% identify the person.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. conference calling and Teams

There doesn't seem to be a way to join a Team meeting without calling through the app. This is painful when we have several people in a conference room and would prefer to dial into a traditional audio bridge.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. During a call or a group meeting, I often will get echo that starts and stops during the call.

I often will experience very loud echo (My own voice back with a delay). It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's very loud and makes the call quality go down to 0 out of 10.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. microphone

Teams should allow users to switch the microphone input from the desktop input to a headset mic. Why is this not already a feature?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Walkie Talkie feature on iOS

The recent Walkie Talkie feature is available on Android devices, I would like to see this also on iOS devices.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. About Teams administrators

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams の管理者について
    About Teams administrators

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の 1 つの管理者として 電話システムの部分のみ編集が可能な管理者ロールがあるとよい。
    現状、Teams の管理者は権限が付与されると Microsoft 365 管理センターもアクセス可能な状況。電話システム部分のみメンテナンスなどが可能な権限が付与できるよう、機能の改善を希望する。

It would be good if there was an administrator role specifically to allow one Teams admin to edit the calling system.
    Currently, if the Teams admin permissions are assigned to a user, they gain access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center too. We would like to be able to assign a permission such that they can only carry out maintenance on the calling system.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need calling from Pop-Out Chat

The pop-out chat is great, BUT, you can't call someone from there! You have to go back to the main teams window, find that person and then click call. Why can't I call from the pop-out window? Seems like a simple change! It's frustrating!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to turn off noise cancellation

Ability to turn off noise cancellation if wanted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color of the answer a call icon

My only issue with this product to date is that it is too easy to accidentally click the red phone icon when someone calls, which disconnects the call. I think that if the answer icon were a green phone, it would solve the issue.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Teams Call Quality Dashboard to export a list of all users with call quality issue

For now, call quality dashboard can see the percentage of poor call quality, but cannot see the list of all users with call quality, which increase the difficulty of troubleshooting call quality issue for an administrator. We cannot even identify the network environment with the issue in a global tenant.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow self view video during calls to be turned off

I find the self view window during calls very distracting - I may be narcissistic, but I end up looking at my own image as much as that of the other callers. Can we set up a facility to turn this off once you've made sure you're correctly centered in the video camera?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calling policy - Stop users making calls but allow them to receive them

I would like to be able to stop our students from making outbound calls via Teams. I would like them to continue receiving calls from users who have calling enabled. Currently the "Make private calls" option in the Teams admin centre calling policy stops calling completely for that user. According to articles online this was once possible.

Why can't we have the option to separately block inbound calls & block outbound calls?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow call back from call queue

If a customer is calling into a busy call queue, allow the call queue to prompt for the caller's number for a call back.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the Blur/Background a Permanent Setting.

Make the setting permanent, so that you don't have to enable this each time you make a call!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have the same windows shown in a video call for all users so that people know when their video is being featured

Users don't know when they are being shown as one of the four (soon to be nine) windows shown in a video call. It would be great if the video screens being shown is the same for each user, even if the user him/herself is being shown.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically log calls/video calls into user calendar

Include an option for a user to enable that teams automatically logs calendar entries for each phone call/video call that the user completes through teams.

i.e. when I end a video call with Jane Brown, teams will automatically create a calendar appt titled "Video Call with Jane Brown" with the start time and finish time from the call.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Missed calls - show in chat

When someone has called, and I miss it - to show the missed call in the chat.

Today it is too subtle that I've got I missed call, I miss this all of the time.

I spend most of my time in the chat section of Teams, this is where I've got all the information regarding my conversations with my coworkers. To only shows as a new "un-read" message and the first time I open the chat is fine.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why can't speed dial actually speed dial my "group"

Enable a Speed Dial button within a Group so that I can dial my entire Group, with one button. Without it, nothing really changed from Old Skype. I still have to click each person in my group to add them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Settings that allow limiting bandwidth usage on a per user level.

By Microsoft Teams reportedly has a much lower bandwidth requirement than Skype but in practice can easily use much more data. Given the current move toward everyone working from home and many countries having usage limits as standard this makes Teams far more costly than Skype for Business. Adding settings which allow users to limit bandwidth usage on their side either by settings that limit receiving video or that place limits on bandwidth usage up to a certain video and call quality

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base