Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding call groups in teams admin console

when will we be able to create call groups from within the Teams admin console. adding staff members into a group and then being able to set up a dial plan within the admin console that routes calls to that group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IVR availibility Direct Routing

IVR's are a core part of clients requirements in terms of voice functionality... press 1 for admin.. press 2 for sales... What is MS doing with this for direct routing within teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow other Vendor to use you PSTN platform

I have so many issues with vendor Phones in Skype for Buissines with your Bridge you provide for Teams Direct Routing. And the Alternative is very hard to use because is not filled with the experience of traditional phone vendors so I missed really much things. And I see also when I search PSTN on this Plattform that the community is here but only a few of them are in progress. Please when you open your platform to other, so they can bring there experience to us and you as least will check this with an certificate would be nice.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Public Channel for Broadcasting outside organization as livestream

One should be able to schedule event and let outside world to watch the broadcast on browser. Just like Facebook live or broadcast to those RSVPed for the event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Respect system settings for audio in/out in video calls

When system settings are set to f ex use a bluetooth headset or other device as audio in and out on my Mac, a new Teams video meeting will still be set to use the built-in mic/speaker per default, and a manual reset to the preferred device is required. This is totally unintuitive, and new video chats should respect system settings.
    Since I might be using different headsets/mics/whatever at different locations, remembering which devices I used previously does not fully remedy this problem (although it mitigates it).

Basically I would like an option to set my audio preferences to system…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. extension numbers

I see nothing in the Road Map regarding the use or internal extension numbers to dial teams users within the same tennant. Is this something that is planned? Many clients have requested this functionality and have turned away from teams based on the lack of this feature. If i have a user in a different part of the building I cannot see the difficulty in configuring their presence in Teams to recognise if 500 is dialled that it goes to the particular user associated with that number in teams. This would then tie into auto attendants, when a customer calls…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. call queue business hours

Will there be the ability to set business hours for Call Queues, like you can for AAs and Sfb Server Response Groups?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. recover call recording

Is there any possibility to recover the recordings during the call which was not saved as the teams got closed unexpectedly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. video of yourself

Adjusting screen size so you can see yourself

Being able to move videos of others around

Both features that were available on skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Voicemail forward

Like on an iPhone ..there should be an ability to forward voicemail to other team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Joining a meeting should NOT auto-mute your microphone!

I use my computer as my VOIP soft phone. When a user screen-shares with me in Teams, I don't want it muting my microphone because I am in the middle of a call - sometimes, i am in the middle of a sentence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Having more than four video sessions visible within a Teams session.

Having more than four video sessions visible on a Team session when no screen sharing is occurring. Many call this the Hollywood Squares or Brady Bunch affect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Call Queue Disconnect with Message

Call Queues should have a third overflow option. "Disconnect after message". Not only disconnect or disconnect with busy signal, but the option to play a message before it disconnects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.

When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.
    This is critical when you are working and have to bill clients by time. Right now, unless I record my call, there is NO history of it in teams anywhere!!! No Audio call history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Call ringing doesn't respect device notification settings

When receiving a call while Phone is at dnd (Android) call notification still disturbs the silence :(

Perhaps related to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36758488-new-calls-ring-while-on-call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide my video, only for me

Video calling works great, but one feature I really wish Teams had in common with Skype for Business is the ability to hide my own video. It's pretty distracting and makes me feel a bit self-conscious, so I often end up turning it off... Skype has a little button in the top right of the user's own video that hides it. This would be really useful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Call forwarding in "Calls Tab"

Display call forwarding options directly in the "Calls" tab. Right now I have to go to the settings to have a look into this settings (even if I'm unsure, that I deactivated the call forwarding).
    -> Faster access to call forwarding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I wish we had control over how many video/people display in a meeting, and be able to adjust the proportion of video to shared content

I would like more control over the proportion of video to shared content, and be able to see more than the most recent 4 speakers in video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base