Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Something like a 'thumbs up' icon showing person is agreeing

I feel we should have something similar to a "Thumbs up" icon when on a call where there is one presenter and multiple attendees. It can be used to give presenter a kind of consent that "yes, we agree !". Otherwise it becomes so messy everybody turning their mics on and saying a yes/no or even if we use the chat feature, then presenter needs to switch to the chatbox.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Teams Call Quality Dashboard to export a list of all users with call quality issue

For now, call quality dashboard can see the percentage of poor call quality, but cannot see the list of all users with call quality, which increase the difficulty of troubleshooting call quality issue for an administrator. We cannot even identify the network environment with the issue in a global tenant.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Calling policy - Stop users making calls but allow them to receive them

I would like to be able to stop our students from making outbound calls via Teams. I would like them to continue receiving calls from users who have calling enabled. Currently the "Make private calls" option in the Teams admin centre calling policy stops calling completely for that user. According to articles online this was once possible.

Why can't we have the option to separately block inbound calls & block outbound calls?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have the same windows shown in a video call for all users so that people know when their video is being featured

Users don't know when they are being shown as one of the four (soon to be nine) windows shown in a video call. It would be great if the video screens being shown is the same for each user, even if the user him/herself is being shown.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatically log calls/video calls into user calendar

Include an option for a user to enable that teams automatically logs calendar entries for each phone call/video call that the user completes through teams.

i.e. when I end a video call with Jane Brown, teams will automatically create a calendar appt titled "Video Call with Jane Brown" with the start time and finish time from the call.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why can't speed dial actually speed dial my "group"

Enable a Speed Dial button within a Group so that I can dial my entire Group, with one button. Without it, nothing really changed from Old Skype. I still have to click each person in my group to add them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need Shared Voice Mail for Call Queue, Auto Attendant

Need the Voice Mail to be SHARED, for the Call Queue and Auto Attendant. When one ID (is done processing the VM) and deletes the VM, delete it from the other IDs this was distributed to.

Currently one can send the VM to multiple IDs When one ID deletes the VM, it is NOT deleted for all parties. https://docs.microsoft.com/MicrosoftTeams/create-a-phone-system-auto-attendant

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move my image during a video conference

It would be great to be able to move the image of myself during a video call to anywhere on the screen. This way I can place it under my camera, allowing me to see myself and look at the camera in one view.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Call Queues] agents not opted in

Add a configurable option on call queues if no agents are logged on to Teams, or if all the logged on agents are not opted in to the call queue. If no one will be available we can instantly send the call queue to a new destination.

We considered the queue time out, but normally our customes want the call to wait a reasonable length of time (5 - 10 minutes) if agents are opted in, or forward immediately if no agents are opted in.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better visibility if someone is on a call

Add an option to show when someone is on a call, being in a meeting or busy, clearly, than just the red dot. This was a feature in Skype, where the status was clearly visible along with the name and the color of the dot.

This helps people to know what status the other person is really on before a chat ping or making a call.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get an incoming call with a specific device when signing in multiple devices

Add a feature that can set an only specific device to get an incoming call when signing in multiple devices including mobiles in Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Contacts integration

Provide option to select which number, when pulling number from one's CONTACTS,

I have multiple numbers per one contact. Teams does not give the option for choosing a specific number from that contact.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ringtone Configuration on Teams Physical Phone

The Teams application on desktop provides different ringtone options. Will these options be available for Teams certified phones? Currently, all users have the same default ringtone.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include a beep when someone joins or drops a call

It would be helpful to have a sound to indicate that someone has joined or left a call

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to Switch Shared Screen and Other Improvements

It would be nice if you could switch which monitor / application you are sharing without having to end the screen share and restart. It would also be nice to have the option to share your screen with your own camera showing you in a small window and better yet, make it so these options can be easily turned on / off and set by default (at individual or admin level).

In my opinion, Zoom gets this right - better than just about any other solution out there in terms of the customizations and features available.

Last request - the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for 4-digit transferring and conference dial-out

While a 4-digit dial plan and normalization works for regular dialing out via Direct Routing, transferring to a 4-digit number or getting called by a 4-digit extension for a transfer always fails. This also applies to dialing out from a conference call.

While this is considered a known issue, I want to emphasize that this is a deal-breaker for my organization using this for the time being. I would imagine I'm not the only one as other organizations are using 3-4 digit extensions that would be affected by this in their direct routing scenarios.

Known Issues:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/known-issues

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to answer on a headset

Would love to be able to answer using my Plantronics headset.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Put options and ignore buttons at the bottom of the incoming call notifications window.

Put the options and ignore buttons at the bottom of the incoming call notifications window. Skype used to allow the user to send a call to voicemail with the "ignore" button. Can that feature be added to Teams? If I'm talking with someone in my office, I can't take a call and don't want to hear the ringing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. acknowledge headset microphones

When I call into a meeting with my headset plugged into my laptop, Teams plays the audio through my headset speakers but only accepts incoming audio through my computer's microphone, not the microphone on my headset, so the call is full of horrible background noises.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Record 1 to 1 video chat

Have the ability to record one on one calls

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)