Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. call quality alerting

For both Teams and Skype we need the ability to generate automated alerts if the call quality drops below pre-defined thresholds. This should provide an insights that might help isolate root cause so action can be taken as appropriate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to create break out rooms in Microsoft Teams video meetings

I am a user of zoom and really enjoy the ability to create breakout rooms during calls. Helps to battle the talking at feeling of video calls

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the "Choose a person to consult" and "Transfer the call" workflows

During both the Transfer and Consult and Transfer workflow, the following improvements could be made:

1) Keep focus on the Search box -- this loses focus half a second after opening
    2) Show more than 4 users in the box at once
    3) Prioritize the search box by frequency of contact (i.e. most transferred to)
    4) Allow Voice as the default Consultation method

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contact presence contacts list using the calls feature.

I have noticed that I cannot tag a contact to notify me when their presence changes from my contacts list using the calls feature. It can only seem to be done via chat. Is this by design or am I not doing something?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have separate saved audio devices for meetings and phone calls

It's great that Teams remembers my last audio device selection, but it only remembers one. I tend to use different devices for meetings (my desktop Polycom) and 1:1 calls (my headset). It would be much better if Teams remembered distinct devices for meetings and calls.

As it is, it is very awkward to answer a call and then go fishing for the right setting to switch to the correct audio device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Immediate call forward to voicemail when computer is turned off

When user turns off his computer and no other device is registered, incoming calls should be forwarded to voicemail without any delay.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Rooms console for Storage Go

Please release a version of Teams Rooms Console that runs of Surface Go. It's the prefect size for a meeting room controller

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Augmented Reality Selfie Filters and Lenses

To enable social media influencers and others to collaborate effectively using Microsoft Teams video calls, you need to add Augmented Reality Selfie filters and lenses as featured in Snapchat and Instagram Stories. Without the option to smooth your skin, add cool sunglasses and a tan and abs, with some cool lens flares and a nice background, video collaboration is never going to take off - fact!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Merge two conference calls/meetings into one

Usually when we dial into a conference call meeting, it requires us to input extension number, meeting room numbers or etc. So when I want to combine two meeting into one, I can merge calls in Skype for Business, but cannot find the same feature in Teams. Is there any roadmap to add this feature back to Teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a prompt to confirm if you want to make a call before the call is transmitted (to avoid accidental calls)

To avoid accidental calls (particularly a nuisance for large groups), it would be good to have a prompt on screen that requires that you confirm that you wish to make the call. It's easy to accidentally hit the call button without realizing you're in the right group chat, or just simply by accidentally clicking the phone /video icon when attempting to access settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Telephony in teams with CTI

Teams do not seem to release a CallerID.

However, this is absolutely necessary to identify the caller in the Teams client.

An appropriate adapter can then be programmed. Teams has to handle the CallerID in the same way as the Skype for Business Client does.

The development must offer a call event (API).

The Skype for Business is unfortunately not being developed further, so the telephony options should also be adopted by Teams.

Please work on it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. IVR availibility Direct Routing

IVR's are a core part of clients requirements in terms of voice functionality... press 1 for admin.. press 2 for sales... What is MS doing with this for direct routing within teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable Devices

To permanently... as is permanent... not just on off... but .. totally and completely... remove the camera device from Teams. The current setup of just having the camera on/off button is prone to being accidentally switched on. I hate Teams by the way... If I didn't have to use it, I would throw it out with the Trash.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Respect system settings for audio in/out in video calls

When system settings are set to f ex use a bluetooth headset or other device as audio in and out on my Mac, a new Teams video meeting will still be set to use the built-in mic/speaker per default, and a manual reset to the preferred device is required. This is totally unintuitive, and new video chats should respect system settings.
    Since I might be using different headsets/mics/whatever at different locations, remembering which devices I used previously does not fully remedy this problem (although it mitigates it).

Basically I would like an option to set my audio preferences to system…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. recover call recording

Is there any possibility to recover the recordings during the call which was not saved as the teams got closed unexpectedly?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Request to show the full Meetings expiry date

Teams Meetings expiry date which is shown on the recording video is omitted and shown as “…” in Japanese, it doesn’t show full texts. I would like you to enable it to show full date.
    The date is properly shown in English.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Calling Plan Feature / Usage Reports

By any chance is there a way we can implement (from teams admin center) to verify the remaining balance of your calling plan? I am receiving an email from SFB that i already run out of funds. I think it would be better for us to see the current status (calling plan) of each user's remaining minutes. 

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.

When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.
    This is critical when you are working and have to bill clients by time. Right now, unless I record my call, there is NO history of it in teams anywhere!!! No Audio call history.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Popup confirmation when dialing a group chat

Have a popup asking for confirmation when dialing a group. This would avoid butt dialing a whole group which I seem to do a lot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calling improvements

During a session, please let the user select the relevant phone number if i want to add someone to the current call and please show which number will be dialed and is in use. Also let under contacts copy relevant numbers. And last but not least, please let popout the calling window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base