Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve ability to transition to Bluetooth headset

Teams desktop version is not very adroit at switching changes in speaker/microphone input/output. Use case:

1. Teams desktop is open, and I have a bluetooth headset device (Apple AirPods for me) which is paired with my computer, but not currently activated

2. A phone call or meeting is started

3. I activate my bluetooth headset on my computer

EXPECTED: the audio will work on my bluetooth device, or if it isn't, there is an interface in Teams for choosing which device to route audio to
    ACTUAL: The audio has not transitioned to the bluetooth device. There is no interface in Teams for routing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a save dial number feature like on Skpye

Please add a save dial number feature like on Skpye

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Double click on video to maximize window

When window is not maximized you should be able to double click the video call to maximize the screen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Button to stop incoming calls on mobile

Many times when i get a call mobile teams app get ring but not desktop. So give an option to stop getting incoming calls on mobile

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Desktop and Mobile Client Pairing with Teams phone device

Similar to BTOE but no third party software to install.
    The ability to choose and control the Teams phone device for inbound calls, outbound calls, and meetings from the desktop or mobile client based on logged in phone device.
    Also allow switching the audio between devices and clients without having to transfer the call.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone screen

Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone.
    My company has started using teams and almost everybody (well everyone I have called, and I do it too) hits the 'hang up' icon rather than the 'answer' icon. The correct icon to hit to answer the call is counter intuitive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Audio Voice call recording in Teams

When using Teams as you office phone system it would be a great feature to be able to record the voice conversation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interoperability with Teams and Cisco TelePresense

Teams and Cisco should work together to integrate video calls from Cisco TelePresense unit into Teams.
    Audio is possible with a usual PSTN dial-in but Video and Audio should work on SIP. Enviroments with 100 VC or more are not able to have a video call with a Teams member. Only additional software like Pexip are neccessary to build a bridge to both platforms.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cellular call option

Please add a ring-out option to the Teams mobile app when WiFi is unavailable (i.e., outgoing calls are dialed over cellular networks, not data networks).

This will prevent excessive data usage when in an area where WiFi is unavailable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Archive Voicemail (vs. Delete)

Like in Outlook email. difference between Delete and Archive. Archive will be searchable and locatable and delete will be permanently deleted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add notes and history to PSTN Phone Numbers

Currently, when assigning a PSTN phone number through the Skype for Business admin center, there is no way to see who the number was previously assigned to or how recently it was in use. This information would help ensure that a recently unassigned number is not reassigned to a new user too soon after it was previously used to avoid misdirected calls.

It would also be helpful to be able to add a note to an unassigned PSTN number—for example, to indicate that a number is reserved for a particular user or department.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calling a users PSTN line from Teams search results

Would like to see the ability to search for a user and call from the results instead of:
    Searching for a user, opening the chat window with them, opening the contact card by clicking on their picture, copying the PSTN line from the contact card, going back to the calls tab, pasting the phone number into the dial pad and then calling the user.

The current process is not efficient and a better work flow is needed!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow video streams to be placed on top

Would like the ability to move the video streams while in a group Teams meeting sharing content. All the video streams appear below so all participants are looking down. If streams were on top (where most webcams located) then users would appear looking straight ahead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for voice route translation rules in Direct Routing

Direct Routing in Teams works almost exactly the same as in Skype for Business on-premises except there is no support for trunk translation rules. This means that if you have to do any manipulation of numbers before sending to the PSTN, you have to do it at the PSTN gateway level. This probably isn't possible if you are using a service provider for Direct Routing.

It would be useful to have this feature added (maybe to the CsOnlineVoiceRoute cmdlet ) to give more flexibility when communicating with third party PSTN providers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Switch Shared Screen and Other Improvements

It would be nice if you could switch which monitor / application you are sharing without having to end the screen share and restart. It would also be nice to have the option to share your screen with your own camera showing you in a small window and better yet, make it so these options can be easily turned on / off and set by default (at individual or admin level).

In my opinion, Zoom gets this right - better than just about any other solution out there in terms of the customizations and features available.

Last request - the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Respect system settings for audio in/out in video calls

When system settings are set to f ex use a bluetooth headset or other device as audio in and out on my Mac, a new Teams video meeting will still be set to use the built-in mic/speaker per default, and a manual reset to the preferred device is required. This is totally unintuitive, and new video chats should respect system settings.
    Since I might be using different headsets/mics/whatever at different locations, remembering which devices I used previously does not fully remedy this problem (although it mitigates it).

Basically I would like an option to set my audio preferences to system…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. recover call recording

Is there any possibility to recover the recordings during the call which was not saved as the teams got closed unexpectedly?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. voicemail

Ability to forward a voicemail to another internal Teams user from the mobile and desktop apps. This is a valuable productivity feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow multiple PSTN numbers to be assigned to one user

For Office 365 phone system and teams to really start replacing PBX deployments it needs to add some missing features. One of the easy (hopefully) ones is to allow a user to have multiple lines associated with them such as region specific direct dial numbers. At present you can only associate one number.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pull Call or change device

When in a meeting, you can join from mobile as a companion device.

Need the ability to pull a regular voice call to mobile to keep going when you need to leave your computer

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base