Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presented call in Teams

I would like to have the opportunity to make a Presented call, when I transfer a incoming call to a colleague for example. The only option I have now is to chat the person I transfer the call to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me erase the messages

No se puede borrar mensajes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Archive Voicemail (vs. Delete)

Like in Outlook email. difference between Delete and Archive. Archive will be searchable and locatable and delete will be permanently deleted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mobile phone integration for teams

Mobile phone integration like skype 4 business, especilly for those with low data and unlimited minutes. If i foward, i use cell voicemail bs Teams voicemail which is preferred

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Only Call Selected Members of a Large Group Chat (To Assist SWARMING)

While Teams can be a great tool to use for all types of SWARMING activities, it is missing one key feature IMO i.e. the ability to select which members of a Large Group Chat to call.

When working in a large SWARMING group across GEO's, active members can change quiet regularly so the abilty to only call a small number of the SWARM chat members would be very helpful and less intrusive to those who are not available to take a call at any given time.

For me - It's essential that Teams introduces the option to "call all" or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Calling a users PSTN line from Teams search results

Would like to see the ability to search for a user and call from the results instead of:
    Searching for a user, opening the chat window with them, opening the contact card by clicking on their picture, copying the PSTN line from the contact card, going back to the calls tab, pasting the phone number into the dial pad and then calling the user.

The current process is not efficient and a better work flow is needed!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow video streams to be placed on top

Would like the ability to move the video streams while in a group Teams meeting sharing content. All the video streams appear below so all participants are looking down. If streams were on top (where most webcams located) then users would appear looking straight ahead.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for voice route translation rules in Direct Routing

Direct Routing in Teams works almost exactly the same as in Skype for Business on-premises except there is no support for trunk translation rules. This means that if you have to do any manipulation of numbers before sending to the PSTN, you have to do it at the PSTN gateway level. This probably isn't possible if you are using a service provider for Direct Routing.

It would be useful to have this feature added (maybe to the CsOnlineVoiceRoute cmdlet ) to give more flexibility when communicating with third party PSTN providers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.

When on a chat and have an impromptu call, there has to be a way to maintain call details (time, date, duration, etc) when not recorded.
    This is critical when you are working and have to bill clients by time. Right now, unless I record my call, there is NO history of it in teams anywhere!!! No Audio call history.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Call ringing doesn't respect device notification settings

When receiving a call while Phone is at dnd (Android) call notification still disturbs the silence :(

Perhaps related to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36758488-new-calls-ring-while-on-call

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. change sound or music while ringing

Please let us change the ringing music of the Teams Desktop App.
    The sound it makes, when i call a number and wait for the other side to get the call/voicemail. We have several clients that complain about this (+- 1/5 to 1/4 of all clients since we use Teams)

Some (rare) times it doesn't even make a sound/music at all.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we include amount of likes a questions receives in a Teams Live Event?

When report downloads for questions asked in a teams live event, it would be really handy if a column could be added that states how many likes the questions receive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pull Call or change device

When in a meeting, you can join from mobile as a companion device.

Need the ability to pull a regular voice call to mobile to keep going when you need to leave your computer

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. poor MS Team voice quality in China

Our Office 365 tenant is located in Asia Pacific but found very poor of multi points voice quality in China while another 3rd party product "ZOOM" is working very well. Any improvement from MS?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow call contacts to be centralized amongst teams or users

The calls tab is per-user. It should integrate to a Global Address Book where contacts can be maintained centrally for all Call users.

For example, A user adds a phone number/contact to their address book. They should be able to add it to a group (i.e. shared) that will show for all users.

This saves duplication of contact information for each individual user.

This should also sync to Outlook contacts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Common Area Phones needed

I was surprised that Teams does not support Common Area Phones for the Phone System part. The act as a full PBX replacement this is a must. i am really confused about the term "Feature Parity" between Sfb and Teams as I find more and more feature missing in Teams-only deployment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Awful echo in voice coils

There is a crazy echo for people also calling into the meeting I'm calling into. Seriously hindering productive conversation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manage Teams P2P vidoe settings - Allow video or block

It would be good to have a granular control over the P2P policies for MS Teams, meaning the same we can have via Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity "" -AllowIPVideo $False.
    If a user starts a call with another user via MS Teams the video is allowed and there does not seem to exist a way of limiting this. Also allowing limiting the bandwidth used during the video call as it is possible for meetings using -MediaBitRateKb parameter would be a plus for companies to have a granular control over the network resources used by Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base