Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to change 'speed dial' view in 'Calls' to list view instead of business cards

At the moment the only possible view is by business card.

Personally I prefer a list view in my speed dial list.
    As I like to find people very quickly, I 'd like to suggest a list view, where more people are visible in a glance. Like in Skype for business.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. direct routing - let PSTN do a PSTN call via SIP trunk

When you make a PSTN call to a user in the same tenant - the call is routed internally within Teams.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/what-is-phone-system-in-office-365

Calls between users in your organization are handled internally within Phone System, and never go to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). This applies to calls between users in your organization located in different geographical areas, removing long-distance costs on these internal calls.

It should be possible to force that when a users chooses the PSTN number, the call goes via direct routing SIP trunk.

This would give the following advanteages:

• already implemented voice recording systems would record…
    14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto answer for telepresence

Auto answer with video from specific user to activate a telepresence on a unattended device (tablet for example).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Music on hold for an Auto Attendant - (While call is redirecting to user)

We need music on hold directly within an auto attendant, not only a call queue.

The problem is, when a call is received in an auto attendant, and you setup a redirect to a user, the caller hears silence while it's ringing to the redirected user.

If you use a call queue (just to get music on hold), you don't have the calling number caller ID displayed, instead it shows the name of the resource account assigned to the call queue instead...

Come on... just do it!

You're so close to solving 95% of most businesses simply call answering needs....…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New window for calls

When answering a call or making a call, there should be a new window created. I feel like having a new window when in a call/ video chat would be very beneficial. There have been numerous times where I enter a Team call and then I have to go back to where I was in Teams to chat with others not in the call, read remarks sent from chat, look at documents sent during the call into the chat. And much more. I feel like it would much cleaner if Calls and Video would be moved to a new window,…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams: also let computer speaker ring when headset connected

Hi!

Incoming calls ring only on the Headset but not on PC speaker, as you can configure in Skype for Busines.
    We want to get this option back for our users...

Bye
    André

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include a beep when someone joins or drops a call

It would be helpful to have a sound to indicate that someone has joined or left a call

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When on a call, your status should be marked as 'on a call' and all incoming should be directed to voicemail.

When on a call, your status should be marked as 'on a call' and all incoming should be directed to voicemail.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feature Request Allow supported phones (Polycom VVX etc) to pickup a call from a call queue.

I would like to be able to answer telephone calls coming from our main business number.

This would be an amazing feature.

Scenario
    A call is routed through AA, Call Queue and rings a users phone (say a VVX 600 polycom supported phone). When picked up currently it goes dead and doesn't connect. It would be awesome if this made the connection and we can answer on this phone.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Polycom-vvx-500-unable-to-answer-call-queue-calls-in-Teams-only/td-p/220572

Another feature would be to have some kind of information fed back to users as to when features are going to be implemented regarding Phones within Teams. Lets call it…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to add a logo overlay in camera or share view.

Would be great to be able to show company/department logo in the video chat. Preferably mouse pointer sensitive so that it disappears when mousing over it in share mode.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MS Teams Video conferencing enhancement

It would be great if microsoft can include the functionality enhancement to have a split screen when doing a video presentation. Split on the presenter and the document. Not just have the presenter video shoot to the bottom right in a small screen and have the document take up the whole screen

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for users to set their own caller ID

As we move to adding phone calling from within Teams, we would like for our users to set their caller ID themselves within the Settings.

This will avoid any users logging support tickets requesting for a caller ID to be set.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable rewind in voicemail

I love being able to get my voicemail in Teams, it even has voice to text transcriptions. Please tweak it though so when playing a voicemail you can rewind/scrub the audio recording. You can pause it but have to restart it if you want to hear some over.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When presenting in a Teams conference call - nothing else goes on Do Not Disturb like with Skype.

People on the call can then see emails and messages that come through while presenting. This is not an issue with Skype.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate Teams with Zoom.US

Zoom is an excellent replacement for WebEx, maybe even the best right now. Slack allows us to force Zoom.us to be configured as the audio call, video call and screen sharing interface.

Zoom.us is fast to launch, so it makes it ideal for audio calls, video calls and screensharing.

I'd suggest Teams allow admins to config to force use of calls with Zoom.

PS. WebEx VP Engineering started a company called Zoom, and it's really good (and inexpensive too).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide call controls while in a Teams meeting

While using the Teams client on Windows10 for a scheduled meeting, I clicked on the Activity tab and lost all call controls. I had to click back on the meetings tab and then on the Join button again in order to hang up the call.

Could you please provide functionality similar to SfB, where the ongoing call pops out from the client and is always available for the caller to mute, hang up, etc.?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pop out chat improvements

Add the call, video call and screen share buttons to a pop out chat window. If i want to escalate a IM to a call i have to go back to the main Teams window, this isn't an option from the pop out chat.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Delete voicemail and call history

Delete call history and voicemail

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to switch on Backgrounds before answering incoming calls, or making calls

Just need an option to switch on Background effects before answering an incoming call, or before making a call.
    Also add an option to have the effect switched on by default.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Something like a 'thumbs up' icon showing person is agreeing

I feel we should have something similar to a "Thumbs up" icon when on a call where there is one presenter and multiple attendees. It can be used to give presenter a kind of consent that "yes, we agree !". Otherwise it becomes so messy everybody turning their mics on and saying a yes/no or even if we use the chat feature, then presenter needs to switch to the chatbox.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base