Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for phone numbers as hyperlinks

It would be great if Teams could open when I click on phone numbers in the web browser or Windows apps. Right now, I can only choose Skype, Chrome, Skype for Business, etc.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. separate audio controls from the OS

It would be great if you could separate the audio config for the application away from the OS. This way, I can use a headset for calling, and an external mic for Cortana.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Bahrain number in list of Local number in Teams

Will numbers for the middle east be added in the Local number List in Teams?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A background noise cancellation & clear voice feature would be grateful

My overall experience with teams is awesome but the only problem is sometimes the host or the other members are clearly audible. In this case, a background noise cancellation feature along with clear voice feature would be a great help.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Caller ID

In Business Voice because you can only set the caller ID for outgoing calls to be a service number, it cannot also be a number accessible to the public to call into our company. But we need one caller ID for all outbound calls. It should also allow any user number to be set as the caller ID number.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams Meetings Background Images

Allow changes to (especially adding additional) background images for Team meetings when you are not in a meeting.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically log calls/video calls into user calendar

Include an option for a user to enable that teams automatically logs calendar entries for each phone call/video call that the user completes through teams.

i.e. when I end a video call with Jane Brown, teams will automatically create a calendar appt titled "Video Call with Jane Brown" with the start time and finish time from the call.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Contacts integration

Provide option to select which number, when pulling number from one's CONTACTS,

I have multiple numbers per one contact. Teams does not give the option for choosing a specific number from that contact.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Agent Group order in Call Queues for Attendant routing

When assigning multiple Agent Groups to a Call Queue, I would expect the Agent Group order should work the same for all 3 Routing methods (Attendant, Serial and Round Robin). Attendant routing does not honour Agent Group ordering but Serial and Round Robin does.

We need to be able to have all agents in Group1 ring, then if not answered, all agents in Group2 should ring and if not answered the all agents in Group3 should ring etc.
    Assuming the order is Group1, Group2 and Group3 and we have all these Agent groups added to a single Call Queue.

Current…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Insert Direct Routing numbers in Management

At the moment Teams don't know the Direct Routing numbers. Cause of that you cannot assign this numbers to the Ressource Accounts and not to the Caller ID Policies.
    To the Ressource Accounts you can do this by Powershell. That is okay but this will not work to the Caller ID policies.
    For me it would help to do the Caller ID on Powershell but i think the drop downs are still there so it would be nice to enter the numbers there directly or you can define the numbers like the service numbers in the legacy skype admin center.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include a beep when someone joins or drops a call

It would be helpful to have a sound to indicate that someone has joined or left a call

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desktop and Mobile Client Pairing with Teams phone device

Similar to BTOE but no third party software to install.
    The ability to choose and control the Teams phone device for inbound calls, outbound calls, and meetings from the desktop or mobile client based on logged in phone device.
    Also allow switching the audio between devices and clients without having to transfer the call.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto Audio Voice call recording in Teams

When using Teams as you office phone system it would be a great feature to be able to record the voice conversation.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Call Controls Within Teams

Would like to be able to use my headset to operate the call controls within the meeting as Skype does. Mute, End Call, Make call, etc. all must be done within the Teams application.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Share (email, SMS, Skype/Teams chat) voicemail messages

I would love to be able to Share via email, SMS, Skype/Teams chat) a voicemail message to include the audio file and transcription.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recording Call

Hi ! Can i record a call ?
    Yes, then please give me steps that i can refer it.
    No, Else please add it.
    Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Format of PSTN Numbers in Teams Invites

Skype for Business recently updated the formatting of phone numbers in meeting invites to make them easier to read. When you create a new S4B meeting in Outlook the format is:

Toll number: +1 (516) 368-0895, access code: 98756757 (Dial-in Number)

When you create from the Teams plugin it shows:

+15163680895 (Toll)
    If you need a local number, get one here. And if you’ve forgotten your dial–in PIN, you can reset it.
    Conference ID: 609 794 20#

The first method is more readable and would create consistency

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Voice thin client

When Microsoft starts pushing users to stop using Skype for Business and start using teams, I would like to have the option to "pop out" a thin client for the voice and presence. Sometimes I like to have different applications open and the thin skype for business client is perfect as it does not take up a lot of desktop real estate when it comes to communication or dialing like Teams does.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Virtual Walk-by Chat' Unique Ringtone

The one thing that's missing from being in the office is the casual walk-by chat and it's quite awkward to have a scheduled 'walk-by' chat.

Would be great if there was a feature where you could just call a colleague for a 'virtual walk-by chat' but to prevent them from panicking, thinking it's an unscheduled work call, the ring tone could be unique to differentiate it from a standard Teams Call/Meeting.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Call Forwarding for a User From Teams Admin Center

It would be useful to be able to forward a users phone using the Teams Admin Center. Currently, you must use PowerShell to perform this function. The only thing you can do in the Admin center is establish call groups and delegates. You still must sign in as the user to activate the forwarding.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base