Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RDP remote microphone support should be added

Remote RDP thin clients with a microphone should be able to use Teams remotely. At present, I am told that Teams does not have a microphone whilst connect via RDP session, with both mic and speaker enabled on the client.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3rd Party Phone Integration

We recently went with a 3rd party VoIP provider for voice. They have federation into Skpe so that we can use Skype with their service and they also have a soft client for Calls, Chat, etc. (They don't do video without a meeting). I want to utilize voice calling via teams with our 3rd party provider. My vision would be that caller ID, customer screen pops (salesforce integration), voice mails, texts, fax and all would be integrated into a single app. I also guarantee that if you get this working both ways we will convert to Microsoft PSTN if pricing…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better support for video/phone calls in conference rooms

I need an easy way to pull up a video/phone call in a conference room without potentially exposing private messages, meetings, etc. This could be a different account, or a login with an option to enter teams with a limited "conference" based feature set. A "do not disturb" feature would work, but not completely disable private sections.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate OneNote with Teams so you can take/use notes in a meeting - or have a compact Teams video in OneNote

I prepare meetings in OneNote, and take meeting notes on it. But there doesn't seem a way to easily use/take notes in OneNote during a Teams video call. Can it be integrated so either a tab from your OneNote can be brought up in Teams for you to write in as you participate, or the Teams video call video can be visible in OneNote. Or there can be a floating Teams video window which you can see while using OneNote.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. group video call + ipad

Chat and call functions have been disabled for students in my district, for safety reasons. On a computer, I can easily call a student by creating a private channel for them, and using the small video icon beneath the message bar. BUT there is no such icon on an iPad! Why not? We really need this!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. microphone and camera is always on

When calling in teams microphone and camera is always on.
    it should be set to turned off by default and then we can choose to unmute our mic or open the camera.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Call Queues] agents not opted in

Add a configurable option on call queues if no agents are logged on to Teams, or if all the logged on agents are not opted in to the call queue. If no one will be available we can instantly send the call queue to a new destination.

We considered the queue time out, but normally our customes want the call to wait a reasonable length of time (5 - 10 minutes) if agents are opted in, or forward immediately if no agents are opted in.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to disable CallKit on iOS

I'd like to see an option to disable CallKit integration in iOS app. We use Teams at work and I have Teams on my phone, but everytime I find a contact via spotlight that I want to call (a friend, family...) it gives me option to call them via Teams, which I don't like.

I just want to call them regularly, without having to tap the number of contact again.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. noise

When no one is talking during the teams call, any background noise is focused on and is amplified which can be heard in the call. There is an option to disable this in Skype for Business but that option is not available in Teams.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate policies for Call forwarding and simultaneous ringing to external phone numbers

We'd like to have the ability to simultaneously ring users' mobile devices, but we do not want to give the ability to forward calls off-net. While these are similar scenarios, they are substantially different. There is a policy to disable them both, but not separately.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show contacts from Azure Active Directory for calling

We have hundreds of contact objects in our Azure Active Directory with their phone numbers. In Skype for Business we can search for these contacts and call them directly.
    In Teams, these contacts are not found/listed when we search them for calling.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Teams: also let computer speaker ring when headset connected

Hi!

Incoming calls ring only on the Headset but not on PC speaker, as you can configure in Skype for Busines.
    We want to get this option back for our users...

Bye
    André

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams test Call should include Video and Latency Test

The current Test Call solution does not accounts for Video or Screen Sharing.
    A real test call example should account that the user might need to share screen or video during the call. Voice only is not sufficient.
    We have seen many times were Voice alone is enough, but when enabling Video the voice will start breaking up.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Switch Shared Screen and Other Improvements

It would be nice if you could switch which monitor / application you are sharing without having to end the screen share and restart. It would also be nice to have the option to share your screen with your own camera showing you in a small window and better yet, make it so these options can be easily turned on / off and set by default (at individual or admin level).

In my opinion, Zoom gets this right - better than just about any other solution out there in terms of the customizations and features available.

Last request - the…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Popup confirmation when dialing a group chat

Have a popup asking for confirmation when dialing a group. This would avoid butt dialing a whole group which I seem to do a lot.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team Calls

As a user, I would like to be able to initiate a team call that any member of that team can join or leave at any time so that team meetings can be easier to start - even if someone is late.

We are using MS Teams for video/voice call meetings with team members all over the country. It would be nice for a user that wasn't available when the call started to join in once they were available. Some indication that a team call was in progress and a way to join it. Currently, there are not calls allowed…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video Sharing Control Override

The presenter should always have main control (override ability) during video sharing.

If you share your screen and someone requests control, they are then fully in control. If they continue to click around the presenter will be unable to regain control. Usually the presenter has override ability (on other programs) to make sure no one is able to start closing programs, delete items, or shutdown your computer.

At the very minimum perhaps a hotkey that allows you to stop presenting so you can just present again without someone having control.

Thank you,
    Andrew

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set the background on video

From twitter

"Could we select a background instead? I'd like to do my daily stand up pretending to be on a roller-coaster or flying a jet."

https://twitter.com/martingbrown/status/1044247376922386432?s=19

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base