Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teachers need a one touch mute all button.

A one touch instant mute all button is needed that will cut all the noise when instructing in a lesson. This should be an off/ on button that only the teacher has control of and not one which is activated by the slightest noise in the student's home. It should not ask for confirmation on whether you want to mute all. The button should be activated both from the keyboard and mouse/ touch.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick Reply when declining a call

Quick Reply when a call is coming in to say you're on another call or currently busy, customizable messages like on iOS would be a bonus. Helps avoid just a declined message for the caller when using Teams!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Dial by name in teams client for Windows/Mac

To call a user, Call Queue or Auto Attendant in Teams I can on my iPhone and a Yealink T58 type in the name of the CQ/AA - but that is not possible in Teams for Windows/Mac. For full users it's possible to hit call i chat window - but CQ/AA's don't appear there..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Strike-through on microphone symbol only when mute is active.

Currently it is confusing whether you are muted or not, since it is hard to tell whether the symbol is lit or not on your Teams app on the phone.
    More intuitive to have no strike-through when you are unmuted, and display the strike-through only when you are muted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cloud Voicemail: Allow Users to upload recorded greetings (MP3/WAV, etc.)

We would like to be able to upload professionally recorded voicemail greetings (both for greeting and out of office greeting), ideally from within the Teams Desktop Client.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to disable CallKit on iOS

I'd like to see an option to disable CallKit integration in iOS app. We use Teams at work and I have Teams on my phone, but everytime I find a contact via spotlight that I want to call (a friend, family...) it gives me option to call them via Teams, which I don't like.

I just want to call them regularly, without having to tap the number of contact again.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix audio in Linux

Fix audio in Linux. It currently lists my audio as, "Custom," with no options for input or output.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make call forwarding to Contacts which are External (Phone Number) possible quickly without the need to enter the whole number manually

This request is not regarding the Call Queues as some others are.

It's about the general calling experience for every user.

Currently, you can create a Contact for External Numbers or you get it Synced by Outlook.

This works fine, but when trying to forward a call, let's say to an external Number it is not possible to find the contact in the Search bar. You need to enter the full number manually even doe you have a ready contact...

Please make it possible to forward calls to external contacts by finding them in the Search. So this is already…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Click to dial is broken

Tel: does trigger dialing in Teams.

Its just broken and doesn’t handle the syntax properly.

The "Join Teams Meeting" button, in outlook, generates the following URL in the invite which Teams can't process itself.

tel:+1%20647-749-0000,,111111111# (I modified the original slightly)

It tries to dial but fails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. forward calls to external number

it would be nice to forward calls to external number

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ability to call the mobile of a M365 F1 user

This issue occurs for licensed users that have M365 F1 subscriptions assigned. Although these users have a mobile number associated to their AAD user account, Teams users that have dialing plans assigned, cannot call the mobile number of F1 users nor is it available for selection: Teams initiates a Teams call and does not display their mobile number as an option to call.

USE CASE: Frontline workers leverage their mobile phone for connectivity to work. Back office staff such as Life Safety Department, must lookup the frontline workers 10 digit number in the Outlook GAL, Delve, etc. before using the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. llamar a un grupo creado al mismo tiempo, y habilitar llamadas a números celulares

LLAMAR A TODO UN GRUPO AL MISMO TIEMPO (SIN NECESIDAD DE AÑADIRLOS UNO A UNO A LA LLAMADA) Y FACILITAR LA LLAMADA A CELULARES, MANTENER VARIAS LLAMADAS AL MISMO TIEMPO

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New window for calls

When answering a call or making a call, there should be a new window created. I feel like having a new window when in a call/ video chat would be very beneficial. There have been numerous times where I enter a Team call and then I have to go back to where I was in Teams to chat with others not in the call, read remarks sent from chat, look at documents sent during the call into the chat. And much more. I feel like it would much cleaner if Calls and Video would be moved to a new window,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Associate the Call-Out to a Phone Feature to the User Making the Call

The application associates out going meeting calls where the user takes the 'use phone audio' action to the participant taking the action instead of 'unknown participant.'

For example, I use Teams for meetings and want to connect via phone instead of VOIP so I take the 'use phone audio' action. The application calls the phone number and instead of stating to the audience 'unknown participant' has joined, the application makes no announcement but instead associates the call to the participant taking the action.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microphone audio test using a bot

Microphone audio test option using a bot. now I have to find somebody to see if my microphone works. there should be a bot that can do this from the other side.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to use a personalized call tone

We, the Teams users, should be able to use personalized ring tones, some of them sound very low and some of them are just boring.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base