Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to have custom background in calls

Add an option to make it possible to use cutsom pictures as background in video calls.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Blur/Background a Permanent Setting.

Make the setting permanent, so that you don't have to enable this each time you make a call!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Call members of the channel by speed dial or contact.

Making group calls from speed dialing makes it easier to connect with team members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unassigned Number Range

In SfB there was this feature called Unassigned Number Range to upload a range of on premise PSTN Numbers. This allowed us to direct calls that were not assigned to a user to a fallback central number.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. apply own background on teams

apply and upload own background on teams to enable use of slides in background or team logos

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manage my Videosize / Handle webcam like shared content

Now Webcam Images are zoomed and shared Content is fullscreen. Sometimes I share a Webcam-Video that should not be cropped, e.g. a wall with images. I would like to be able to tell Teams to treat my (a) webcam like shared Content, or to share a webcam like a windows or desktop.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams get different area tones calling different areas

When Teams try to follow as different carriers, it rings as the different tone, it is a bit confused, and please repair this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Busy on Busy as an end user option

Busy on Busy should be made available as an end user option. Best way is to be able to enforce it by policy, deny it by policy or let the user choose for himself by policy.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. participants list

Please add all call history into Outlook conversation history, we use that t get the participant list.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a push-to-talk check box when in a call

I think there should be a check box or similar, that can enable push-to-talk during a call. For example, I am sick at the moment and was part of a call and would cough during the conversation. I did not want to have to mute/ unmute every time I had something to say. I wish that there was a push-to-talk option that defaulted to CTRL or ALT or something to enable me to talk and then mute me when the button is not pushed. I feel like this option should be able to be unchecked and checked per phone call,…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Call Queues - Respect User Account Status

Users apart of a group set up as the call agent inside a Call Queue should have the ability to set their status as "Away", "Do Not Disturb", "Busy", etc. in order to automatically deny incoming calls and have the call queue ring the next available person instantly.

Currently, if a user in a call queue is set to "Do Not Disturb", the call queue will attempt to ring the user for the amount of time set by the "Alert Time" property in the call queue but the user will receive no indication of being called; this 'silent' ringing increases…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. call/meet now button on contacts

Add a call or meet now button on contacts to schedule an immediate meeting with the contact

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Background in Videocalls

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is a way of keeping the background of videocalls in every session? I set up the background in one VC and when I have another one I have to set it up again. I have more than one videocall a day, sometimes one right after the other. It is a bit exhausting to be setting up the background everytime I start a VC.

Cheers,
    Maricarmen

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. to be able to blur background or put a background image

I would really like to be able to change the background and put an image as the background, or at least blur the background, like the desktop version. Thank you!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. direct routing - let PSTN do a PSTN call via SIP trunk

When you make a PSTN call to a user in the same tenant - the call is routed internally within Teams.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/what-is-phone-system-in-office-365

Calls between users in your organization are handled internally within Phone System, and never go to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). This applies to calls between users in your organization located in different geographical areas, removing long-distance costs on these internal calls.

It should be possible to force that when a users chooses the PSTN number, the call goes via direct routing SIP trunk.

This would give the following advanteages:

• already implemented voice recording systems would record…
    12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need Shared Voice Mail for Call Queue, Auto Attendant

Need the Voice Mail to be SHARED, for the Call Queue and Auto Attendant. When one ID (is done processing the VM) and deletes the VM, delete it from the other IDs this was distributed to.

Currently one can send the VM to multiple IDs When one ID deletes the VM, it is NOT deleted for all parties. https://docs.microsoft.com/MicrosoftTeams/create-a-phone-system-auto-attendant

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turn off secondary ringer for outgoing calls

When placing an outgoing call my secondary ringer alerts. That is the equivalent of placing a call from an analog wall phone and it giving ringback on the earpiece and the external bell. I like the external ringer for incoming calls but really hate it for outgoing calls so I end up turning it off altogether.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Call Queues] agents not opted in

Add a configurable option on call queues if no agents are logged on to Teams, or if all the logged on agents are not opted in to the call queue. If no one will be available we can instantly send the call queue to a new destination.

We considered the queue time out, but normally our customes want the call to wait a reasonable length of time (5 - 10 minutes) if agents are opted in, or forward immediately if no agents are opted in.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 86 87
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base