Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call Queues - Respect User Account Status

Users apart of a group set up as the call agent inside a Call Queue should have the ability to set their status as "Away", "Do Not Disturb", "Busy", etc. in order to automatically deny incoming calls and have the call queue ring the next available person instantly.

Currently, if a user in a call queue is set to "Do Not Disturb", the call queue will attempt to ring the user for the amount of time set by the "Alert Time" property in the call queue but the user will receive no indication of being called; this 'silent' ringing increases…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to call either teams uri or PSTN number

In Skyp4B client you can choose to make either a skype call or a call to a PSTN number from your contact list.
    Would love to have this feature in Teams as well so you can right click your contacts and pick either Teams-Teams call (via uri) or call the contacts cell phone/PSTN number through direct routing.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. streaming audio from chrome auto mute

I seem to remember Skype for Business auto muting my iHeart or Pandora if it was running when receiving a call.
    Teams doesn't seem to have this feature currently, correct?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Teams mobile to access and synch with Teams desktop contacts

I've added many business contacts into my Teams Desktop address book. I do not wish to add all their numbers again to my cell phone so that Teams Mobile knows which numbers belong to which person.

When I get a call, my phone doesn't know who is calling, even if my desktop does. When I need to take a call from the road, or away from my computer screen, I might not recognize the number. If I need to make a call from the road (etc), I might not know which number in my call history to dial since I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to focus and enlarge a camera/confrence room video stream

When there is a video stream from a camera it's shared with other non camera feeds (user avatars). I'm able to select a "Screen Share" stream and make it full screen; I wish I could do the same with a conference room feed / camera feed and not have the main camera feed cut off by other users' avatars without a camera.

This would also solve issues with the video feed being cut-off.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. users training guides for call queues

No videos or user guides for call queues, we are rolling this feature out to the business and are very disappointed as to the level of guidance, it seems that call queue have just been missed, there should be short training videos on call queues within the MS Teams application, like the rest of the training

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No caller id in activity feed

Activity feed which has Missed calls, only shows the numbers, not the contact name where I do have the number stored. These happen to be external numbers, not associated with my company.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Button to stop incoming calls on mobile

Many times when i get a call mobile teams app get ring but not desktop. So give an option to stop getting incoming calls on mobile

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call forwarding in "Calls Tab"

Display call forwarding options directly in the "Calls" tab. Right now I have to go to the settings to have a look into this settings (even if I'm unsure, that I deactivated the call forwarding).
    -> Faster access to call forwarding.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Default voice in "consult and transfer"

Please give the option to have Voice as the default "Consult and Transfer" option. For my business purposes, the workflow is currently clunky because text is the default and we have to click the phone icon to go to Voice. My experience is that voice is much quicker than text chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set Personal/Away Hours

A few people in the organization, would like to have their teams to ring during business hours only, instead of every hour of the day. People are not going to remember all the time to forward their numbers to voicemail when they're gone for the day and a few people from our office have been woken up in the early hours of the morning by customers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Video Meeting option for locking screen for video recording

Since Teams works so easily with Microsoft Stream to record meetings, my team has hosted training sessions where we have a webcam pointed on a presenter in front of a whiteboard. The output from these recordings isn't ideal because the UI splits the call into four windows.

It would be great if there were an option under the ellipsis menu to enable "Presenter Mode" (perhaps use a different name to avoid confusion with the PPT feature) where the UI locks to the single user who has activated Presenter Mode in the same way that a screenshare locks the UI to…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable a selection of a ringtones for outgoing calls / dialing out

Some users doesn't really like how the ringtone sounds like for their outgoing calls and they like to customize it, just like the customization of a ringtones for incoming calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Throw confetti or start fireworks

When in the video conference or meeting, I'd like to see if I can manually start fireworks or have confetti dropped everywhere to celebrate someone's successful stories. That will make the team very happy and pleasure to attend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable us to dial in an external team member or colleague on mobile

Just like Skype for Business... we really want to switch away from Skype to Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Presented call in Teams

I would like to have the opportunity to make a Presented call, when I transfer a incoming call to a colleague for example. The only option I have now is to chat the person I transfer the call to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. delete

How do I delete call history and how do a get rid of the missed called warnings that won't seem to go away?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we add more ringtones as options for Teams?

The current ringtone options in Teams are pretty mechanical and unpleasant...sounds like they come from an old 8-bit Nintendo game from 40 years ago...can we get some more options to choose from?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. opt out of call queue within the MS Teams application

At the moment users have to follow a web link to opt out of a call queue, they should be able to do this directly from the application, that been on either the desktop app or the mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When someone dials an Emergency number notify an email or distribution list

It would be a good idea to allow administrators to set who to notify when a user dials the emergency services, for example:
    on-premise security, an office manager, a reporting supervisor, workforce management (in-case they are cs agent, they could be removed from the calling queue) temporarily.

Maybe email might be too slow, instead of or both.. an in-app alert/notification and mobile push notifications, that a specific individual dialed 911 whether they are on location or working remotely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base