Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call forwarding in "Calls Tab"

Display call forwarding options directly in the "Calls" tab. Right now I have to go to the settings to have a look into this settings (even if I'm unsure, that I deactivated the call forwarding).
    -> Faster access to call forwarding.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support 4K Webcams

Currently Teams tops out at 1080p resolutions for Webcameras. One thing I have done on a regular basis is use a 4K Webcamera (such as Logitech Brio) and point it at a whiteboard so I can collaborate with remote colleagues in a whiteboarding session.

Other competitor tools (that shall remain nameless), support full 4K resolutions (bandwidth permitting), there is a clear and noticeable difference in the resolution and ability to conduct such whiteboarding sessions in Microsoft Teams.

Love your work team!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve integration on hybrid enviroment after password change for domain user

We found out that when we change password on DC, O365 tennant does not realize that there was password change for hour, maybe two.
    During that time when you send screen share other user does not even receive screen share request.

After 3-4 request attempts O365 request user to login again with new password.

I think DC ->O365 tennant password sync should be highest level communication, and preferably in realtime.

Also Teams shoud give user feedback that screenshare request was not succesfully sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. peer to peer calling chrome error message

As mentioned in case number 14276459

When you make a peer to peer call in chrome the error message states to use edge or chrome or download the app. Problem is users are in chrome and the error message says to use chrome. So people call for support thinking it is an issue on their computer that we can resolve.
    If the error message could better inform the user to use edge or the app for peer to peer calling that would be great.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Press keyboard enter on dial pad to send #

When using the dial pad in Skype we were able to press enter on our keyboard to send # (i.e. entering a conference ID). This doesn't work in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams AutoAttendant DTMF Timeout

Add Option to choose an user in Organisation / voice app if DTMF is the only option enabled in AutoAttendant and Caller do not press anything….. actually caller hears option-menue endless….. it would be nice that an DTMF-"Fallback" Timer can be configured and Fallback number can be configured (user in Organisation / voice app or operator)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Background blur for Mac

Hi,
    Please add the Background blur feature for Mac users!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to disable auto tracking an video calls

Being tracked automatically is great when using a static webcam. However, when using a camera which has its own auto tracking/framing built in it would be preferable to let the camera solution perform the auto tracking and therefore be able to disable the Teams feature.

Using such a camera currently with Teams means the camera auto tracks a person but often the Teams client then tracks within the camera image - its not a good experience and is unnecessary when you have an adequate camera to provide the tracking. I've seen this issue with Polycom Studio.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. speed dial

As far as I can tell, dialing from the "Speed Dial" cards only enables calling the recipient through Teams, not a different phone (mobile, work, etc.). Understand this can be done through the Contacts section, but having to go there defeats the purpose of the Speed Dial cards. Skype has similar functionality - when you click the "phone" button you have the choice of number/method.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Voice call not working

Within our team when setting up a voice call we cannot hear each other despite the microphones being configured correctly?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need Time (Date & Time) in Calling History

It's extremely difficult to know at what time of the day a call was made if there isn't a timestamp to it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. teams setup performance for phone system

when i add a phone number to a new user. i must wait up to 24 hours until the setting is available. in other areas it takes a long time until the changes are set. please make the setup changings faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Only Call Selected Members of a Large Group Chat (To Assist SWARMING)

While Teams can be a great tool to use for all types of SWARMING activities, it is missing one key feature IMO i.e. the ability to select which members of a Large Group Chat to call.

When working in a large SWARMING group across GEO's, active members can change quiet regularly so the abilty to only call a small number of the SWARM chat members would be very helpful and less intrusive to those who are not available to take a call at any given time.

For me - It's essential that Teams introduces the option to "call all" or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Larger Call Pick Up Group

Raise the limit from 5 for Call Pick Up Group

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/call-sharing-and-group-call-pickup

This needs to have at least the ability to go up to 25. Requested by users in the Tech Community

Best, Chris

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow phone call forwarding to switch between phone (bluetooth) and computer depending on away or available status.

Allow phone call forwarding to switch between phone (bluetooth) and computer depending on away or available status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Visual indicator of bad connection, buffering, dropped audio

Today in a call with a prospective Microsoft candidate the call kept freezing and dropping video and audio. It became quite a blocker for the conversation.

I realize we can’t fix slow networks and packet loss. However, one thing I realized at that moment was that we could have offered a visual indicator in the Teams call UI that we were dropping audio or video, and to let us know once we had reconnected at an acceptable latency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a feature that adds spotlight to whoever is speaking in a call

Add a feature that adds spotlight to whoever is speaking in a call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move the ring back from the desktop speakers to the the headset

When calling another Teams user the "Skypish" ring back comes out thru the desktop speakers and not the headset. I typically run my desktop muted and it is annoying there is no ring back in that case. Even with the speakers on it's annoying that the ring back could disturb a coworker.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.