Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Presented call in Teams

I would like to have the opportunity to make a Presented call, when I transfer a incoming call to a colleague for example. The only option I have now is to chat the person I transfer the call to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add an audio Ringer option - so that a seperate speaker can be used to notify user of an incoming call-

Please add an audio Ringer option - so that a separate speaker can be used to notify user of an incoming call-

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve ability to transition to Bluetooth headset

Teams desktop version is not very adroit at switching changes in speaker/microphone input/output. Use case:

1. Teams desktop is open, and I have a bluetooth headset device (Apple AirPods for me) which is paired with my computer, but not currently activated
    2. A phone call or meeting is started
    3. I activate my bluetooth headset on my computer

EXPECTED: the audio will work on my bluetooth device, or if it isn't, there is an interface in Teams for choosing which device to route audio to
    ACTUAL: The audio has not transitioned to the bluetooth device. There is no interface in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable call forwarding to mobile phones

we would like to use MS Teams as a a solution for our telephone system and replace our old system for more than 3500 employees. But that means that we want to forward all calls from teams to our mobile phones. We already opened a ticket at the microsoft support and the answer was: "It is not possible to forward calls to mobile numbers only to contacts." We really dont understand this because there is the possibility in the settings to forward to a phone number. So please enable call forwarding for mobile phone numbers

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No way to export a report containing time spent in voice or conferences by user

We need to be able to export a report containing detailed voice minutes and video conference durations per user. Right now, when I click on a user to view their voice and conference details, there is no way to export the data. Additionally, team leads have requested that these reports be delivered on a schedule, and there is currently no way to get the data out of the lovely graph on the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. show call time

Hello,

in teams it is not possible to see how long the call duration was. (after hanging up the connection) IN skype and skype for business this is. Is it possible to add a log line of the duration of the call.
    Second request: Is it possible to add a log line that a person has called and the date and timestamp to it. Now this is visable in the activity log but without the time stamp.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to disable auto tracking an video calls

Being tracked automatically is great when using a static webcam. However, when using a camera which has its own auto tracking/framing built in it would be preferable to let the camera solution perform the auto tracking and therefore be able to disable the Teams feature.

Using such a camera currently with Teams means the camera auto tracks a person but often the Teams client then tracks within the camera image - its not a good experience and is unnecessary when you have an adequate camera to provide the tracking. I've seen this issue with Polycom Studio.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Answer a call with a message

In SfB, it was possible to answer a call with a message (the call was denied, but chat window opened).
    I used this functionality quite often. I looking forward for this feature!

so please add a third button to the incoming call dialog, which denies the call, inform the caller that I am selected to answer with a message and open the chat window to the caller.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video Meeting option for locking screen for video recording

Since Teams works so easily with Microsoft Stream to record meetings, my team has hosted training sessions where we have a webcam pointed on a presenter in front of a whiteboard. The output from these recordings isn't ideal because the UI splits the call into four windows.

It would be great if there were an option under the ellipsis menu to enable "Presenter Mode" (perhaps use a different name to avoid confusion with the PPT feature) where the UI locks to the single user who has activated Presenter Mode in the same way that a screenshare locks the UI to…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to transfer call directly to voicemail

In Skype you could select from a list of numbers for a user (ie. work number, mobile number, and voicemail) and choose which to transfer the call to, would love to be able to transfer directly to voicemail or a mobile number in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Subtle secondary ringer when already on a call

When on a call. If a second call comes on, the ringtone drowns out the current call.

Make the second call ringtone more subtle, similar to how it works on a mobile/cell phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable the ability to use non-service numbers with cscallinglineidentity

Currently only service numbers can be used for callinglineidentity even though we now have the ability to use onprem/non-ms numbers for direct routing to a queue/autoattendant. In several isntances I have departmental numbers that need to be used for CallerID masking but are not in an autoattendant or call queue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. call queue business hours

Will there be the ability to set business hours for Call Queues, like you can for AAs and Sfb Server Response Groups?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extension number -> Display name (Reverse Number Lookup)

If we enter an extension (4-digit) number, we get the correct E.164 number (with help from normalization rules). However, we do not get the corresponding Display Name from the GAL, only contacts from the current users Outlook contact store are displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to call either teams uri or PSTN number

In Skyp4B client you can choose to make either a skype call or a call to a PSTN number from your contact list.
    Would love to have this feature in Teams as well so you can right click your contacts and pick either Teams-Teams call (via uri) or call the contacts cell phone/PSTN number through direct routing.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement STIR/SHAKEN to address robocalls and other Caller ID spoofing

Robocalls are a huge problem for most everyone with a PSTN phone number. Many calls are made from spoofed (fake) numbers which appear through Caller ID. STIR/SHAKEN is an telecom industry solution to allow carriers to block calls with spoofed Caller ID using digital certificates to authenticate authorized users of the numbers appearing on Caller ID. Microsoft should implement this system to allow Teams users the option to block calls with spoofed Caller ID. Keywords: robocall spam telemarketing unwanted fraud

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support 4K Webcams

Currently Teams tops out at 1080p resolutions for Webcameras. One thing I have done on a regular basis is use a 4K Webcamera (such as Logitech Brio) and point it at a whiteboard so I can collaborate with remote colleagues in a whiteboarding session.

Other competitor tools (that shall remain nameless), support full 4K resolutions (bandwidth permitting), there is a clear and noticeable difference in the resolution and ability to conduct such whiteboarding sessions in Microsoft Teams.

Love your work team!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Start recording from inside a meeting or a call

When I'm on a call (not a meeting) with a co-worker, and shareing my desktop, I'd like to be able to start a recording

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support RCS (Rich Communication Services), SMS and MMS

Jump to the front of the queue and support RCS when adding SMS/MMS support to Teams Phone.

Personally I can get around the lack of SMS support in Teams, but that would cause other issues. I need one communication/phone system that handles both voice and SMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Doesn't show Audio Call start, stop, and duration on Chat

For some reason Audio Calls stopped recording the start and stop times, as well as duration of the Audio Call, on the Chat window. There is no record whatsoever that we switched to Audio. I still run Windows 8, so maybe it's because you're trying to pull the plug on Windows 8? :)

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback.

Would you also be able to provide comments clarifying if this is Call History or Chat?

Thank you very much!
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.