Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video Meeting option for locking screen for video recording

Since Teams works so easily with Microsoft Stream to record meetings, my team has hosted training sessions where we have a webcam pointed on a presenter in front of a whiteboard. The output from these recordings isn't ideal because the UI splits the call into four windows.

It would be great if there were an option under the ellipsis menu to enable "Presenter Mode" (perhaps use a different name to avoid confusion with the PPT feature) where the UI locks to the single user who has activated Presenter Mode in the same way that a screenshare locks the UI to…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. show call time

Hello,

in teams it is not possible to see how long the call duration was. (after hanging up the connection) IN skype and skype for business this is. Is it possible to add a log line of the duration of the call.
    Second request: Is it possible to add a log line that a person has called and the date and timestamp to it. Now this is visable in the activity log but without the time stamp.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show contacts from Azure Active Directory for calling

We have hundreds of contact objects in our Azure Active Directory with their phone numbers. In Skype for Business we can search for these contacts and call them directly.
    In Teams, these contacts are not found/listed when we search them for calling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When video calling, pop out into its own window

When you make, or receive, a call in Teams, i want to pop it into its own window similar to how SFB worked. This is because i have my chats on one screen and my videos on another screen and many times, if we are sharing screens, i make it full screen. When it does so inline, i am forced to move my teams window to my other monitor and then have to move it back when finished.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. voice settings

The "voice settings" menu from SFB app (Android and IOS) should be implemented in Teams app as well. There you can choose whether calls to cellphone should be VOIP, VOIP on WiFi only or Cellular. In the Scandinavian countries operator-based forking is common, and this setting improves the integration between the operator and Teams. There could also be a setting "VOIP for Teams calls, Cellphone for PSTN calls". Also, make these settings configurable from O365 admin portal and/or Powershell.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Doesn't show Audio Call start, stop, and duration on Chat

For some reason Audio Calls stopped recording the start and stop times, as well as duration of the Audio Call, on the Chat window. There is no record whatsoever that we switched to Audio. I still run Windows 8, so maybe it's because you're trying to pull the plug on Windows 8? :)

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback.

Would you also be able to provide comments clarifying if this is Call History or Chat?

Thank you very much!
    -Warren

9. call hand off between devices

add the capability to hand off video and audio calls between devices.
    lets say you are late back to your desk so you join a meeting or answer a Teams call using your mobile. when you get back to your desk you should be able to and the session on the mobile and continue on your PC.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Jabra integration with teams

Jabra currently highlights integration with Skype and Microsoft lync. Will the option for Microsoft Teams be provided?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Call Queue agents to reject calls

When all agents in a PSTN call queue have explicitly declined/rejected a call, all agents are "redialled" and receive the incoming call for a second time. The caller remains on hold during this time.

This is not ideal behaviour. If all agents have declined a call, we want to be able to perform an action (e.g. redirect to a recorded message and disconnect the call, or redirect to voicemail, or redirect to another call queue).

To be clear, if all agents are busy on existing calls, we want the caller to continue to be on hold until an agent is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple Calls from queue should be offered to agents at the same time, not one at a time

Imagine you have 200 available agents in queue waiting for the calls and 200 calls in the queue. Suppose the average pickup time by the agent is 10 second. It will take 33 minutes till the 200th call will start ringing to agent. Although all 200 calls could be connected to 200 agents at the same time. Calls are connected at the same time in skype for business on-premise but unfortunately not in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Press keyboard enter on dial pad to send #

When using the dial pad in Skype we were able to press enter on our keyboard to send # (i.e. entering a conference ID). This doesn't work in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to zero out of voicemail to operator

When a incoming call goes to voicemail, we would like to see the ability for the caller to press zero (0) and get the operator.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Feature: Add ability to adjust call audio volume

In Skype I could adjust the volume on the application level. This isn't possible in teams

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to call either teams uri or PSTN number

In Skyp4B client you can choose to make either a skype call or a call to a PSTN number from your contact list.
    Would love to have this feature in Teams as well so you can right click your contacts and pick either Teams-Teams call (via uri) or call the contacts cell phone/PSTN number through direct routing.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desktop and Mobile Client Pairing with Teams phone device

Similar to BTOE but no third party software to install.
    The ability to choose and control the Teams phone device for inbound calls, outbound calls, and meetings from the desktop or mobile client based on logged in phone device.
    Also allow switching the audio between devices and clients without having to transfer the call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone screen

Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone.
    My company has started using teams and almost everybody (well everyone I have called, and I do it too) hits the 'hang up' icon rather than the 'answer' icon. The correct icon to hit to answer the call is counter intuitive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. global Contactlist

Why is There no global Contactlist yet?
    Must be a bug !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.