Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block a phone number in the teams admin center for the whole organization

I'd like to be able to blacklist or block a phone number from being able to call any phone number in our organization.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cloud Voicemail: Allow different Call answer rules for Out of Office

I would require different Call answer rules for how calls are handled. For example, I have a greeting and an out of office greeting.

I want callers to be able to record a message after they listen to my greeting. However, my out of office greeting is supposed to inform callers that I am on vacation and after that, callers shall not be able to record a message. So I would like to be able to set different call answer rules. One for greeting and one for out of office greeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extension Dialing

Dailing by extension is a behavior that our customers and staff are very accustomed to. I expect most customers who are coming from other phone systems, ie. Nortel, RingCentral, and others are used to providing their extension to outside parties to call in to them rather than a bunch of random DID numbers. The July 2018 roadmap indicates that extension calling is available now (https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf) but this is not the case. At least not for external callers calling into an auto attendant.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call Hold Does Not Work

Call Hold does not work...cannot resume to the original call....clicking Resume does not work. Please fix this also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Type name in dial pad

Typing a name in the dial pad doesn't bring up the corresponding contact's phone number to call. Teams just calls the numbers associated with the letters you typed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Report on attendees post call

We want to know, how many people attended the call once it has finished in Teams. We had this is Skype for Business but not available in Teams Application

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I hang up on mobile and desktop doesn't hang up

Both desktop and mobile apps concurrently call, if I pickup the mobile app version, then carry out the call, and then hang up on mobile - desktop call stays open

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams on phone does not use Bluetooth or Android auto

To have teams intergrate into your car. It could be low level like just have Bluetooth audio calls over bt in car. Or go high level and intergrate it with Android Auto or Apple car play. Just like Google does with hangouts. As we try to business still while traveling in ours cars.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set by default "turn OFF" entry/exit announcements for call-in users

Set by default "turn OFF" entry/exit announcements for call-in users

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. have more than one phone number per contact

I can only input or see one phone number per contact. majority of people have work phone numbers and cell phone numbers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Caller ID

Could you please add the ability to mask my caller ID? Typically with established telecommunications you can *67 prior to calling a number which would mask your number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Conference Window can be undocked all the time

When you are in a call you see an integrated window in the upper left. In some occasions the window undocks itself and can be moved free across the screen. Why is that not possible all the time in every situation? A lot of customers asked me if this is possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Route Call Progress Tone (Ringback) To Same Device As Call Audio

Call progress tones should *NOT* be routed to speakers when call audio is routed to a headset: this is *EXTREMELY* disruptive to working environments and *UNFORGIVABLY RUDE* to co-workers of anyone making an outgoing call!!!!!

Incoming ring, on the other hand, should be configurable to ring headset ("Default Communications Device"), speakers ("Default Audio Device") or both.

How, when this device distinction has been present AT LEAST SINCE WINDOWS 2000, are application developers STILL getting this wrong?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select Alternate Number in Speed Dial

If a contact has multiple numbers and they are added to Speed Dial, you can only call their "main" number from Speed Dial. In order to call the other number form speed dial you have to add that 2nd number as a whole new contact and add that new contact to your speed dial. It would be nice to click the 3 dots in a speed dial contact and be able to call the other number associated with that contact from Speed Dial.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expand the number of people visible on the screen during a video call.

Currently, regardless of screen size, only four people (the last four who spoke) can be visible on the screen during a video call. This need to be customizable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show Number Normalization like in Skype for Business

Presently there is no feedback to the user when using to Dial pad or /Call that the number is being normalized. Unlike in Skype 4 Business when you dial an extension number (and this gets normalized) there is no indication to the user that they are dialing a valid number before they press call

In this example I'm using 4 digit extensions and I have a normalization rule to translate 5xxx to a full number. Pressing Call will normalize and call the number, but there is no preview of the number, No reverse contact lookup etc

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The call from Queue should not be offered to agents in status other that Available (green)

When calling the queue, the caller can wait for ages till the call goes one by one agent in the queue, no matter if the agent is busy, away, do not disturb, be right back, appear away.

This should work as in SfB on-premise.

The calls should be offered only to available (green or inactive less than 5 minutes) agents, so the caller is connected as soon as possible to the agent who is able to pick up the call.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. About call groups

Currently, creating a call group requires user interaction from the client.

Functions created by the administrator in advance should be implemented.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hunt Group Availability with Direct Routing

When configuring teams with direct routing for phone system many of the core features that customers would need like Auto Attendants, Call Queues and Hunt groups are missing or you need to purchase numbers from Microsoft. These are essential components that customers need when looking to migrate from their existing pstn setup onto Teams. This is costing a lot of potential clients to opt for other cloud based solutions.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base