Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to create break out rooms in Microsoft Teams video meetings

I am a user of zoom and really enjoy the ability to create breakout rooms during calls. Helps to battle the talking at feeling of video calls

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete Multiple Voicemails

While in voicemail, it would be convenient if I could select multiple or all voicemails and delete them at the same time. Currently it requires clicking More options and then Delete for each email. Check boxes would be nice, but also the ability to use Ctrl+A, Shift+click, or Ctrl+click would also be useful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Merge two conference calls/meetings into one

Usually when we dial into a conference call meeting, it requires us to input extension number, meeting room numbers or etc. So when I want to combine two meeting into one, I can merge calls in Skype for Business, but cannot find the same feature in Teams. Is there any roadmap to add this feature back to Teams?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The call from Queue should not be offered to agents in status other that Available (green)

When calling the queue, the caller can wait for ages till the call goes one by one agent in the queue, no matter if the agent is busy, away, do not disturb, be right back, appear away.

This should work as in SfB on-premise.

The calls should be offered only to available (green or inactive less than 5 minutes) agents, so the caller is connected as soon as possible to the agent who is able to pick up the call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opt in and out call queue's using / command

Let users/agents be able to Opt in and Out call queue's using the Teams Client. Ideally using the / command option.
    Now they need to use https://aka.ms/cqsettings

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an autotune like feature to audio call

Just like backgrounds make video calls more fun adding an Autotune like feature to audio calls would make work more fun. Ideally I would like the autotune my voice when on a call or autotune the audio I am listening to. Corporate town hall meetings would be next level.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Caller ID for outgoing Calls

When you call someone using Teams as your Phone system, the caller ID on the receiving end only shows a phone number and location. It should be possible to tag the company name to the number for Caller ID purposes.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Button to stop incoming calls on mobile

Many times when i get a call mobile teams app get ring but not desktop. So give an option to stop getting incoming calls on mobile

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to focus and enlarge a camera/confrence room video stream

When there is a video stream from a camera it's shared with other non camera feeds (user avatars). I'm able to select a "Screen Share" stream and make it full screen; I wish I could do the same with a conference room feed / camera feed and not have the main camera feed cut off by other users' avatars without a camera.

This would also solve issues with the video feed being cut-off.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set Personal/Away Hours

A few people in the organization, would like to have their teams to ring during business hours only, instead of every hour of the day. People are not going to remember all the time to forward their numbers to voicemail when they're gone for the day and a few people from our office have been woken up in the early hours of the morning by customers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About call groups

Currently, creating a call group requires user interaction from the client.

Functions created by the administrator in advance should be implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presented call in Teams

I would like to have the opportunity to make a Presented call, when I transfer a incoming call to a colleague for example. The only option I have now is to chat the person I transfer the call to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add an audio Ringer option - so that a seperate speaker can be used to notify user of an incoming call-

Please add an audio Ringer option - so that a separate speaker can be used to notify user of an incoming call-

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Extension Dialing

Dailing by extension is a behavior that our customers and staff are very accustomed to. I expect most customers who are coming from other phone systems, ie. Nortel, RingCentral, and others are used to providing their extension to outside parties to call in to them rather than a bunch of random DID numbers. The July 2018 roadmap indicates that extension calling is available now (https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf) but this is not the case. At least not for external callers calling into an auto attendant.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve ability to transition to Bluetooth headset

Teams desktop version is not very adroit at switching changes in speaker/microphone input/output. Use case:

1. Teams desktop is open, and I have a bluetooth headset device (Apple AirPods for me) which is paired with my computer, but not currently activated
    2. A phone call or meeting is started
    3. I activate my bluetooth headset on my computer

EXPECTED: the audio will work on my bluetooth device, or if it isn't, there is an interface in Teams for choosing which device to route audio to
    ACTUAL: The audio has not transitioned to the bluetooth device. There is no interface in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when adding participants enable extension dialing from keypad

In both SfB & Teams there is currently no ability to add a participant to an existing meeting by dialing their phone # that then requires an extension to be dialed after the phone #. The keypad does not pass the numeric tones when dialing the extension. Please add this feature to Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No way to export a report containing time spent in voice or conferences by user

We need to be able to export a report containing detailed voice minutes and video conference durations per user. Right now, when I click on a user to view their voice and conference details, there is no way to export the data. Additionally, team leads have requested that these reports be delivered on a schedule, and there is currently no way to get the data out of the lovely graph on the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Join a PSTN call on hold to another existing PSTN call

When I place a call on hold and call someone else, I cannot join the two calls. In Skype For Business we had a "merge" function. This is not available in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to disable auto tracking an video calls

Being tracked automatically is great when using a static webcam. However, when using a camera which has its own auto tracking/framing built in it would be preferable to let the camera solution perform the auto tracking and therefore be able to disable the Teams feature.

Using such a camera currently with Teams means the camera auto tracks a person but often the Teams client then tracks within the camera image - its not a good experience and is unnecessary when you have an adequate camera to provide the tracking. I've seen this issue with Polycom Studio.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.