Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need calling from Pop-Out Chat

The pop-out chat is great, BUT, you can't call someone from there! You have to go back to the main teams window, find that person and then click call. Why can't I call from the pop-out window? Seems like a simple change! It's frustrating!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push to talk and individual volume controls for each speaker

I think push to talk in normal calls is essential for every software that has calls (not the walkie talkie thing that is planed). Also it would be great to be able to adjust the volume level of each person separately.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Something like a 'thumbs up' icon showing person is agreeing

I feel we should have something similar to a "Thumbs up" icon when on a call where there is one presenter and multiple attendees. It can be used to give presenter a kind of consent that "yes, we agree !". Otherwise it becomes so messy everybody turning their mics on and saying a yes/no or even if we use the chat feature, then presenter needs to switch to the chatbox.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like the facility to be able to move the control bar during a call

During a call if we are sharing a screen the control bar covers elements we need to control. It would be good if this could be docked or moved

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add working hours to Teams Calls

Add options for working hours for Teams and calling so that your client/soft phone calls would go to vm if not during working hours.

Or at a min an option to fwd all calls to vm.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. delete call history

When will the facility to delete unwanted files and calls be made available??

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Caller ID

In Business Voice because you can only set the caller ID for outgoing calls to be a service number, it cannot also be a number accessible to the public to call into our company. But we need one caller ID for all outbound calls. It should also allow any user number to be set as the caller ID number.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to dial phone numbers through company contacts lookup in Teams mobile app

Allow users to dial phone numbers through company contacts lookup in Teams mobile client

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Contact sync with Outlook

Please make the contacts that show up in the calling tab to be synced with a persons outlook or global address book of sorts. It's annoying having to manage so many different contact books

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Virtual background in Android phone video calls

Virtual background in Android phone video calls

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More cameras viewable in video calls

When on video calls, currently you can only see 4 people's video at one time. It would be great to add intuitive capture that adds more cameras to the main screen where all cameras are seen during a video call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to switch on Backgrounds before answering incoming calls, or making calls

Just need an option to switch on Background effects before answering an incoming call, or before making a call.
    Also add an option to have the effect switched on by default.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microsoft 365 Business Voice needs fax

Fax communication doesn't appear to be part of the Microsoft 365 Business Voice plan currently. At least it appears you can't send nor receive a fax in Teams. This would be something to add that meets the requirement of companies that use faxing capabilities.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let Teams respect the "Mute all other sounds" when in a call setting

If you are listening to music in your headset and place or recieve a call
    sounds are not muted even though the setting is set to mute all other sounds.

We also seen an issue where sounds are initially muted on incoming call, but then turned up significantly when the call is picked up.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. group video call + ipad

Chat and call functions have been disabled for students in my district, for safety reasons. On a computer, I can easily call a student by creating a private channel for them, and using the small video icon beneath the message bar. BUT there is no such icon on an iPad! Why not? We really need this!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make calls recordable

Call recording feature should be available, like a meeting can be recorded, call recording also should be possible

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. manage who receives calls for call queue using microsoft shifts

We use Microsoft as our phone provider which routes calls via Teams. We have one Team for the in-bound call queue for our main line. We have a small group that accept calls from 7 to 8 AM until the 8 AM shift arrives. Right now we have to use MS Automate to add and remove users from this team / group, however there is terrible lag in when you start receiving or stop receiving calls. I would like to see this integrated with the already present Microsoft Shifts. So if you are on a shift you only receive the…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. See more than 4 participants on the screen during group calls

See more than 4 participants on the screen during group calls

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base