Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Join Call Feature

1. today when I launch to join a meeting call it takes me to the browser instead of to the App that is already installed on my laptop.

2. when I join meeting call from app it requires me to click Join 2x to finally enter the call - why 2x - if I click join from Outlook appointment I should just be able to join call.

3. when using the Teams App on my phone - calendar cannot be set as a default. as a result joining a call requires me to select an app within the Teams App - (huh...??? why…
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Audio Voice call recording in Teams

When using Teams as you office phone system it would be a great feature to be able to record the voice conversation.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement STIR/SHAKEN to address robocalls and other Caller ID spoofing

Robocalls are a huge problem for most everyone with a PSTN phone number. Many calls are made from spoofed (fake) numbers which appear through Caller ID. STIR/SHAKEN is an telecom industry solution to allow carriers to block calls with spoofed Caller ID using digital certificates to authenticate authorized users of the numbers appearing on Caller ID. Microsoft should implement this system to allow Teams users the option to block calls with spoofed Caller ID. Keywords: robocall spam telemarketing unwanted fraud

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop call queue sending calls to a person that is already on the phone

If a person is already on a call, stop the call queue sending calls to this person. The queue should hunt the next person if someone is already on the phone

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Switch option between devices , should give pull option in another device, in teams it was running in both devices.

Switch option between devices , should give pull option in another device, in teams it was running in both devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Small Pop up Window Similar to Skype

Hi Team, I started using Microsoft teams and found that similar to Skype desktop application it could be better if there is a small pop up window which is useful to unmute the call immediately rather we clicking on the Teams and unmuting there itself. This is a good feature which will help us to unmute immediately when we are working on other applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mantenere anteprima video call quando si utilizzano altri programmi

Quando nel corso di una video call si utilizza un altro programma, prevedere una finestra che continua a mostrare la video call.

Sono riuscito ad impostarla solo nel momento in cui condividevo il desktop, quando non condivido lo schermo non trovo il modo di continuare a vedere l'altra persona ( o chi parla in caso di conference ) in una piccola finestra al lato.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Kitchen - Open meeting for people to join when they want

With now everyone WHF we dont get to interact with people in the company unless we have a work related question. We really miss meeting people in the kitchen while you make your tea or lunch break. It would be great to have an open meeting for anyone to join and chat. Creating a meeting for it sounds too formal, so it would better to have a more open, come if you are free option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. i want to make a conference call how do i

I want to make conference calls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Presence based Call Queues/Groups

In Skype for Business on-prem Response Group Groups presence based routing methods:

Longest idle - to offer a new call first to the agent who has been idle the longest (has had a presence of Available or Inactive in Skype for Business Server the longest) .

Parallel - to offer a new call to all available agents at the same time, the call is sent to the first agent who accepts it.

We use these extensively and can't migrate to Teams without finding a replacement. Please add this functionality to SfB Online and Teams Call Groups.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. display more than 4 people on the call screen at a time

I would like to be able to see all participants or at least up to 10-15 people on a conference call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open Chat with Inbound caller

When I receive a call while already on the phone, I have 2 options, answer the new call or disconnect. I would like the option to open a Chat when the caller is on Teams. This would allow me to answer simple questions when I am on a conference call or in training and able to multitask. Or at least be able to tell them when I will be free to take their call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add simultaneous translation from Arabic to English

Add simultaneous translation from Arabic to English

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow a preferred device option

Allow a user to set whether they would prefer a call to come through their mobile or laptop as priority and add the ability to forward the call to another device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow calls to be made on laptop

you should make it possible for people with laptops instead of phones and/or desktops to make video calls in Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create enhanced voice routing test case

I'm implementing and test the voice and calling feature and i'm always facing about latency to test some settings when applying changes on voice route / dialplan / emergency routing..due to the replication on overall Teams cloud infra... So it would nice if we have like in skype a test case scenario which is more scalable than the test-cseffectivetenantdialplan with the switch dialednumber. It should also enclose the abilty to specify the site/subnet from where the call is to be done to also see if emergency rules are correclty applied. The main idea is to test based on our config/routing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to block calls that aren't actually for you?

How to block calls that aren't actually for you? I recieve multiple calls that aren't actually for me and that I don't know how to deal with them. It would be best to block them or forward them onto the correct person or be removed from a certain hunt group within the company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am not able to blur my background on TEAMS Video call

On checking with IT support they said it is because i am using HP EliteBook 745.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base