Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voice thin client

When Microsoft starts pushing users to stop using Skype for Business and start using teams, I would like to have the option to "pop out" a thin client for the voice and presence. Sometimes I like to have different applications open and the thin skype for business client is perfect as it does not take up a lot of desktop real estate when it comes to communication or dialing like Teams does.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd love to have an audio I/O panel I can test and set before actually being on a call.

I like to get everything set up first before calling, so I can concentrate on what I'm saying and don't have to dig for anything during the call. Also, I do sound tech demos over these calls, so it would be nice to be able to select different devices (like Loopback) so I can get other applications' audio into Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reorganize the video feeds.

It would be beneficial if there was a way to manually reorganize the video feeds in realtime. i.e. Move the video windows around the screen and reorder them as we wish, when we wish.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. hold

Calls on Microsoft Teams need a hold button!

When you go into the help section, it gives you directions to put a call on hold that are made for Microsoft Skype (they say to use the button with the little three dots). But unlike Skype, teams doesn't have the little three dots button, and so there is no way to put the call on hold! Very annoying if you are on a meeting and have another call coming in. You can mute yourself, but there is no way to block out the conversation of the rest of the meeting.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Testcall

Why is there no way to test mic and webcam before calling someone....?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. user call quality reports

Is it/will it be possible to access media quality reports for individual Teams a/v calls and desktop sharing sessions as is available for Skype For Business to help with call quality issues troubleshooting ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need Join Button to add new Members while having call/Video

While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Every time we attempt to start a video call teams crashes - stating it had a glitch - please fix this asap

Every time we attempt to start a video call teams crashes - stating it had a glitch - please fix this asap

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. During a call or a group meeting, I often will get echo that starts and stops during the call.

I often will experience very loud echo (My own voice back with a delay). It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's very loud and makes the call quality go down to 0 out of 10.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a "Are you sure?" pop-up when clicking 'Start my Video' while in a meeting

Multiple users have accidentally clicked 'Start my Video' when in a Teams meeting. It would be nice if there was another button that they would have to click to verify video sharing. Similar to sharing your screen in Skype for Business that warns the user that everyone will see their screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transfer file during video calls

Currently we are unable to perform file transfers to the party we are currently connected on a call with. We would have to navigate back to the chat menu, find that person and attach the file to a separate chat. This wont work with the chat function during a call, which doesnt make sense. This is a feature we used heavily on Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable sharing system sounds during screen-sharing

We've been using Skype so far to review projects internally, and liked to have the option to share system sounds while screen-sharing (some of our projects are videos with voiceovers).

Would it be possible to add the same functionality in Teams?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
    * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Webcam quality is very low

I have a full HD (1080p) webcam which hasn't the same quality in video call than with Skype for Business. We also have fiber optic Internet connection so it's not the cause of the poor image.

It happened on many different computers so I guess it's an issue from Teams.

Question: can you make the video quality much higher?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Handle two people calling each other simultaneously

My team member and I called each other at the same time. It did not work. I ended up just waiting and waiting with no answer. My colleague tried to answer my call by it just hung up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. youtube tab only enables one video per tab

I like that we can add a YouTube tab, but would like to be able to add multiple videos in one tab.

Creating one tab for each video creates too much tabs, and therefore it gets confusing for users

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Access Away Greeting in Voicemail within Team Calling. There's no option to access voicemail functions within Teams.

With Teams calling, there is no easy access to set up an Away Message for out of office times within Teams or to manage the Away message.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide call controls while in a Teams meeting

While using the Teams client on Windows10 for a scheduled meeting, I clicked on the Activity tab and lost all call controls. I had to click back on the meetings tab and then on the Join button again in order to hang up the call.

Could you please provide functionality similar to SfB, where the ongoing call pops out from the client and is always available for the caller to mute, hang up, etc.?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. microphone

Teams should allow users to switch the microphone input from the desktop input to a headset mic. Why is this not already a feature?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meet now Video button

In a Channel, when you click on the Meet Now video button and then click on "Meet Now", the camera is automatically turned on. Please set this to disable so the camera is not automatically turned on, people may not want to start a video call and may just want to do a Screen share.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

When you click the “Meet Now” button in a channel, you can click the little “Off” or “On” that appears in the window next to the word “Video”, and this will either enable or disable video before the call starts.

Please note we currently allow screensharing only when the video is enabled. If you would like to be able to screenshare without a video, please vote here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16936774-enable-screen-sharing-without-video-call

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base