Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. semicolon

Allow standard cell phone characters in contact phone numbers. Pause (comma) and Wait (semicolon). This allows for auto-dialing extensions. It been standardized in the cell phone industry for years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show which numbers can accept an external call transfer

While all our colleagues are on Teams, some have Microsoft Calling package, and others simply use their mobile. It is not clear who has what service, so when it comes to transferring outside calls, (I am assuming) only those with Microsoft Calling can take the call - unless we transfer to their mobile number.
    It would be good to make it clear in the transfer call options, who can accept the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make calls from MS Teams and use keypad for option selection

Would like to be able to make calls to any number and use the keypad to selection options when prompted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft teams should use center channel speaker

Microsoft teams should use center channel speaker of audio speakers when used in a 5.1 sound environment .

Below Audio options should be provided to user
    1)Use center channel for audio
    2)Use all speakers for audio
    3)Let system decide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Speed dial individuals using keyboard

I would like to be able to speed dial individuals using the keyboard. Not sure whether this is possible already but I couldnt find it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Voice Mail High Priority Indicator missing in Teams Application

When receiving a voice mail message marked as a high priority - the voice mail message in teams application does not give any visual indication that the voice mail message was left with a high priority. However, the email notification that is sent in outlook does have a red exclamation point indicating the high priority
    Would like to have a visual in teams under calls/voicemail at the voicemail itself indicating high priority - ie red exclamation point

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding a caller and knowing there status

When you use the add caller tab to invite someone in a call, the issue is : 1. you cannot see the status of the person-i.e on a another call or busy. On sykpe prior to adding the person you saw their status - this avoids unnecessary hassle
    2. You cannot disconnect/drop calling them after identifying they are busy- makes bid distraction to the caller and to the person calling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An easy way to check your mic is working before you enter a meeting. I have a Surface Pro and the mic array is hopelessly unreliable

HAve an easy way to check your mic is working before entering meetings. The microphone array on my £1200 Surface Pro is hopelessly unreliable leaving me embarrassed when entering meetings and needing to leave to restart my disappointing computer. At least if I could log on a few minutes before and check my mic it would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable the feature to unmute a participant in the course of a meeting

During a Teams Meeting with multiple participants and 4 predefined presenters, we missed the function of being able to spontaneously unmute an attendee. We had the case that someone raised his hand and wanted to ask a question during the call and we had to make him a participant to let him speak.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. select background in web app

the Teams web app does not support to chose a background photo like the desktop app. pls include the same functionality for the Teams web app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show who answered an incoming call on a shared phone line

We have multiple shared phone lines active.

It would be great if we could see who has answered the phone call, like it was on Skype. This is especially helpful since we are all working from home currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add external people from the organisation to chat via an email address

Enable the option to link people outside the organisation group into chats so that consultants or others can participate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add time of day, Day of week and holidays schedules to call Queue's

Add time of day, Day of week and holidays schedules to call Queue's like Skype

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable a tablet device as a white board while using the PC for the Video Chat

When holding larger team video calls and wanting to use the white board for colaberative ideas if your hosting you loose the ability to see all the callers. It would be great if I can hold my tablet as a pure white board while the PC remains on full screen video call so as we are scetching we can see from reactions we are engaging or missing the mark. It also frees up screen realestate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable "Quiet" Calling for Group Chats

Create a way to start a call for a group chat without calling every member of the group. (i.e. My team starts a call that people can join as they see fit, but we'd like to not have to remove people in an effort to not disturb them when starting the call.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presence Aware Routing for Group Calling

We have a company policy that a human being must answer the main telephone number by the second ring. The owner of the business feels very strongly about this as a customer service imperative.

The telephone answering duties are shared among 4 people, with one primary receptionist and three backup administrators. I have tried to accomplish this a few ways:

1. Using a call queue – This option is great because there is presence based routing and users who are already on a call or who will be out of the office can opt out of the call queue and be…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be an option to select caller tune

There should be an option to select caller tune just like we do in mobile phones and even add custom ringtone to receive calls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams get different area tones calling different areas

When Teams try to follow as different carriers, it rings as the different tone, it is a bit confused, and please repair this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams get different area tones calling different areas

When Teams try to follow as different carriers, it rings as the different tone, it is a bit confused, and please repair this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base