Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. video of yourself

Adjusting screen size so you can see yourself

Being able to move videos of others around

Both features that were available on skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams volume to loud (headset setting of 1), Microsoft Virtual Academy volume just right (headset setting of 20).

Fix the headset volume:
    Microsoft Teams: setting of 1, still to loud
    Microsoft Virtual Academy (and all other uses of headset): setting of 20 is just right for me.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RDP remote microphone support should be added

Remote RDP thin clients with a microphone should be able to use Teams remotely. At present, I am told that Teams does not have a microphone whilst connect via RDP session, with both mic and speaker enabled on the client.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save Audio/Video Settings for Future Meetings

Every time I join a meeting, I'm prompted with a "Choose your audio and video settings" box... and every time, video is turned on and audio is turned off. I want the opposite settings so I have to toggle them for every meeting. Please save my settings for future meetings. Add a check-box to "Show these settings for every meeting" or "Save these settings as default". I want to be able to click "Join Meeting" and immediately join the meeting with predictable settings... prompting for these settings is a waste of time.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keyboard shortcut for dialing a phone number

Create a keyboard shortcut for getting to the Calls dialing window (Ctl-Shift-D) to allow pasting a phone number to dial.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Call Queue Disconnect with Message

Call Queues should have a third overflow option. "Disconnect after message". Not only disconnect or disconnect with busy signal, but the option to play a message before it disconnects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Call history and contacts for non-Enterprise Voice customers

According to this (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/view-your-call-history-in-teams-6457f0cb-4af6-46a0-936d-349e262e7355) call history is only available for customers with an Enterprise Voice license. In fact the Calls button on the left doesn't even exist me. I feel this is a mistake. The calls button exists in the Mobile app and I use it all the time to view my call history and the length of calls for filling out my timesheets. I'm hoping you don't see this as a bug in the mobile app but rather understand that when the teams-to-teams (non-telephone) call history was removed from the chat (which I'm ok with) users still…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Desactivate Ring Back Tone played byTeams client

When calling via Direct Routing, I hear 2 successive and different Ring Back Tones.
    The first one is played by the teams client. The second one is played by the SIP Trunking provider. This is quite confusing.
    Can we have the possibility to de-activate the local Ring Back Tone by user setting or at least powershell ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I wish we had control over how many video/people display in a meeting, and be able to adjust the proportion of video to shared content

I would like more control over the proportion of video to shared content, and be able to see more than the most recent 4 speakers in video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meet Now Without Video. Video On/Off User Setting.

In a conversation or team channel, you cannot "Meet Now" with video defaulted to OFF. If you set it for yourself, yours will not be started. But ANY other person that joins the conversation meeting will have their video turned on without an option to join without it on. This discourages team members from joining calls as they don't want to share video. You should also have a user setting to enable or disable video by default so they don't have to choose to disable video each time they join a meeting. Thanks!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. need to include "take control" of the shared screen during conversations

need to include "take control" of the shared screen during conversations.
    same as skype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Consult Transfer (aka Warm Transfer) Call

Allow users to do a consult transfer or a warm transfer. This could be accomplished two ways:
    1. Put the caller on hold and give an option for a "Consult" button as in Skype for Business where you "call ahead" and make sure the person is ready. Could give second option for chat or call.
    2. Add a conferencing feature that brings a third party into an active call. Allow the second party to leave the call without ending the call for the other parties.

This would allow for a better customer service experience. Option two would also fulfill the…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When screen sharing, the "give control/stop sharing" box blocks the top of the screen

Allow the dropdown at the top of the screen to be disabled. If I'm sharing a web-browser with tabs, they are not accessible when the screen-sharing dropdown expands. You can pin it down but you can't make it so that it stays hidden. This feature is really frustrating when trying to navigate between tabs as the drop down repeatedly appears and blocks access to the tabs.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It is really complicated to add dial in numbers to anything outside of enterprise grade

Please make it easier to add dial in numbers to plans that aren't enterprise grade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sottotitoli

Sono un non udente. Vi chiedo per le riunioni o videochiamate, di attivare l'impostazione della lingua del video che consente la generazione automatica dei sottotitoli in lingua italiana. Grazie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for one-off calls without creating a contact

Maybe I'm missing it, but it looks like Teams wants me to create a contact in the Chat section before I am able to place a Teams call to someone. I do a lot of one-off calling and don't want to litter my Contact Lists or Groups

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. green stripe

Mac Pro with Windows 10 displays green stripe and green tinted ghosting in chats

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow video quality settings to be adjusted downward to conserve bandwidth.

Many meetings do not need the highest resolution video generated by attached cameras, but could operate quite well with lower resolutions. It would be good to have a setting allowing the attendees to select a lower resolution for this reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mute email and other alerts whilst on a call

Would be helpful if email and other alerts could be mutes whilst on a call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base