Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I and my workmates can't receive video or audio calling on android phone

I and my workmates can't receive video or audio calling on android phone, what's wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. option to turn the background of video call white/black/blue in addition to blur

option to turn the background of video call white/black/blue in addition to blur

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Video on/off control by security role, account, policy

We aim to use T eams in a clinical environment.

While Teams is HiPAA compliant, the video availability in clinical environments is too big of a risk for incidental disclosure of patient information. You should look for a way to have security policies that can turn off video by role, account, and as a matter of policy. This is a huge issue for us, and essentially prevents us from using teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Video camera stops working with error

Continually my Logitech BRIO works for a while in Teams and then I get an error that the camera stopped working and that I should plug it in again. It happens after about 5 minutes or so. However, when I use other video conferencing apps (like GotoMeeting), I can use the camera for hours, no issues ever. Teams, every single time, it fails. Ideas? If it was happening in all apps, I'd suspect my camera or USB, but since other apps work wonderfully, I suspect it is something with Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not able to do Audio or Video calls using corporate network

Hi Team,

We are using MS teams in our organization (dxc technology). Not able to do Audio or Video calls using corporate network. If I use home network it works fine. Please let us know what IP and port number should be excluded in corporate network to work it better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hanging up on a BT device doesn't exit the call

When I hang up on a BT headset or my car's BT console, it exits the call on my BT device, but I'm left on the call on my Android phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Conf call

Is it possible to hide the bar when the screen is shared:
    http://prntscr.com/kid1wu
    Is quite annoying since we work with browsers and we need to open tabs and for this we have to minimize the browser and then open the tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. speakerphone soft buttons issues with Teams

Recently (i think it was last week) Teams starting working with my Jabraspeak 710. By this i mean the "pick up" and "hang up" soft buttons on my speakerphone started working when getting on or being on a call on Teams (which is awesome!). however, this also introduced 2 new bugs:

#1 Teams randomly terminates my calls. doesn't matter whether i initiate them or someone calls me. It looks like Teams "thinks" that i click on the "hang up" soft button on my speakerphone. This has happened to about 90% of my calls. This makes using my speakerphone with Teams…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to see which calls are ongoing and easily join them without initiating another call

Allow users to see which calls are ongoing in their channels and easily join an existing call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. audio issues since last update

since the last Windows update, Teams audio has been unusable for me. I've changed every sound setting on my computer, tried different speakers, etc. It has static feedback when I talk and sounds terribly scrambled. And I also know coworkers are having this same issue. How do I log it with teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turn down headphone volume. My headphones are at setting 1 at it is blarring in MS Teams.

Other programs have a setting to adjust volume for that program. My headphones are at 1 and it is blaring. Headphones work for other programs, but blast my ears in MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mic Troubleshooting options

Let us troubleshoot our mics, because my mic doesn't work, even when I switch out 2 or 3 different devices.

I get into a meeting and everything is broken.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make sound when someone leaves a call

Give an audio indication when someone leaves a group call or hangs up from a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a keyboard shortcut to bring teams client to foreground and put focus on search box in calls

Pre-Windows 10 SfB had a keyboard shortcut (Win+K) that would bring the client for the foreground and put the focus on the seach field in the client. The result was you could type Win+K then start typing the name of the person you wanted to talk to... Bring back an equivalent shortcut for teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. video setup

You cannot setup audio and video settings in Teams unless you setup a call. Is that not weird?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I video called on my computer and they could not hear me. I called on my phone and they could not hear me. I allowed access to mic but nothi

I video called on my computer and they could not hear me. I called on my phone and they could not hear me. I allowed access to mic but nothi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. broadcasting

When will the SKYPE Meeting Broadcast function be available to Teams, as a business we are trying to fully adopt Teams and with SKYPE being stopped at some point in 2019 this function is a must for Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to easily invite anyone to chat

I live in Australia, tried to "chat" to someone at Microsoft Seattle & even they couldn't work out how to contact me using Teams! Had to revert to the unreliable Skype for Bus.

We need to be able to chat to anyone who has a O365 licence (I assume Microsoft Staff do?) it looks like we can only chat to members without our own tennancy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.