Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RDP remote microphone support should be added

Remote RDP thin clients with a microphone should be able to use Teams remotely. At present, I am told that Teams does not have a microphone whilst connect via RDP session, with both mic and speaker enabled on the client.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Invite another user" into call to the eclipse (3 dot) menu.

Add "Invite another user" into call to the "Other options" eclipse (3 dot) menu.

This would be a much better user experience as all options required for call functions would be available in the same place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Self Recording

We use the Meet Now function in Skype for Business to create tutorial videos. This function is missing in Teams because I cannot start a meeting unless in a team/channel. then others come in. Although I have created a work around by creating a private channel for tutorial recording, this is a big extra step when compared to what we currently do in SfB.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call Queues should follow call forward settings

I don't understand why this isn't already the default setting. When a user sets up call forwarding in their client calls that come from a Call Queue should be treated like any other call. It should forward to the number they want to receive the call on.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Call a channel using the mobile app

In the desktop app you can set up a call which is recorded in the channel and other people can see that it's happening. Currently on the mobile app you can only direct call another person or group of people

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show Dial Plans normalization in Teams

To show Dial Plans normalization in Microsoft Teams like Skype for Business does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voicemail rewind

Add expanded voicemail playback options such as rewind, forward, replay, rewind 5 seconds, forward 5 seconds, etc. Also seems like there is room for common function like delete, call back, etc. without using the ",,," menu (extra clicks).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a "Are you available for a call?" or "Please call me when you can" button

often asking people if they are available for a quick call right now or in the next minutes - instead of asking, we could have a specific button "Can you call me?"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please introduce 3rd party PSTN capabilities. We need conference bridges added to Microsoft Team meetings.

Please introduce 3rd party PSTN capabilities. We need conference bridges added to Microsoft Team meetings.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. history

Display for whom a call was originally made in the calling history

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integrate MS Stream Comments with Teams

Recording a Teams meeting to Stream is AWESOME! It would be even better if you could comment on that video in Teams. For example, I go to my meeting recording in Stream and make a comment - that comment is actually tied back to the meeting thread in Teams (allowing for @ mentions and other native Teams functionality).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When computer is locked, forward all calls to another destination

In the call settings, it would be nice to be able to say that I want all phone calls forwarded to either voicemail or my mobile number when I lock my computer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call my phone

Have the audio conferencing call my desk phone instead of having to call into a phone number and use a pin. Much better when not using a headset.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How do you share more than one of your monitors when sharing 'screen' in Teams?

Our Apps run on 2 screens. I did not find a way of sharing 2 monitors at once. Is there a way?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be good a way to pin a user as maximized on video call

When in a conference call, currently is not possible to pin the video to be maximized allowing to focus just in one person.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable Background Blur as part of Meeting Policies

Have an option to Disable Background Blur for Users as part of meeting policies

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not able to mute/unmute,increase/decrease volume using headset.It would be great if you have this feature same as like Skype.

Not able to mute/unmute,increase/decrease volume using headset.It would be great if you have this feature same as like Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do not change the state of the microphone mute GUI button unless the user clicks it.

The behavior of the in-app Mute function is inexcusably invasive. The state of the mute button in the app should never be changed unless the user clicks it. If I mute or unmute my microphone at the hardware level, the software shouldn't change its mute state.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bermuda

Need this functionality available in Bermuda ASAP! Allied World (Customer) has 1500 O365 E3 licenses and needs this functionality for his 130 employees in Bermuda and also for the 1370 employees worldwide! If we don't have the capability to offer this then we will lose the business to Cisco.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have Teams use my default sound settings

So I'm on a call and Teams is simultaneously telling me that my speakers are muted while I'm struggling to find the volume controls because the call is extremely loud and it's not going through my plugged-in headphones.

I finally found the sound settings in Teams to fix this, but seriously this was annoying. The default settings are there for a reason.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base