Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Type name in dial pad

Typing a name in the dial pad doesn't bring up the corresponding contact's phone number to call. Teams just calls the numbers associated with the letters you typed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report on attendees post call

We want to know, how many people attended the call once it has finished in Teams. We had this is Skype for Business but not available in Teams Application

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outbound CNAM Power Shell Management

Admins should be able to manage CNAM information using Powershell and/or API calls.
    Currently we have to send an email to request CNAM changes every time we need a change. We need to automate this, when setting up a new user we should be able to set their CNAM info.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Group Voicemail

We have a number of teams that use a group phone number, and hence would like to have a group voicemail box so that anyone in the group can access the voicemail

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Call Queue Opt In/Out Based on Status

If my calendar says I'm in a meeting, or if I'm away, etc, Teams changes my status accordingly. This should also change my call queue status.

If my status is Busy, Away, DnD, I should be automatically taken out of any or all of the call queues I'm a part of.

Ideally this should be a per-queue setup option. Along with giving call queue agents the ability to opt in/out, there should also be an option for status-based opt in/out.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. While in a call, add another person to the call

Reopening previous UserVoice post per request of MS Support:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16952083-while-in-a-call-add-another-person-to-the-call

"While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button."

This is NOT completed - this feature, as well as various other features (such as Delegate Call-As) are not available in PSTN calling/Calls tab, only Teams-to-Teams calling (via the Chat tab).

These features have been marked as completed in the UserVoice as well as the roadmap but that is not correct.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conference calls: Mute speaker locally

We are using MS Teams meetings in an open space setting together with remotes. When sitting in the same physical room like the speaker, we receive the voice over the air and over the headset.

Thus we would like to be able to only locally, on ones own machine, mute people.
    The current mute function doesn't work for this, since it GLOBALLY mutes and then EVERY participant (also remote people) isn't able to hear the speaker.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop call queue sending calls to a person that is already on the phone

If a person is already on a call, stop the call queue sending calls to this person. The queue should hunt the next person if someone is already on the phone

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Popout conference window

We usually project the conference window, including the video, to a different (bigger screen). Would be great if that could be popedout from the rest of Teams app so that you can still work with it in the background. Also, moving between conference screen and other Teams screens is annoying

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Number Normalization like in Skype for Business

Presently there is no feedback to the user when using to Dial pad or /Call that the number is being normalized. Unlike in Skype 4 Business when you dial an extension number (and this gets normalized) there is no indication to the user that they are dialing a valid number before they press call

In this example I'm using 4 digit extensions and I have a normalization rule to translate 5xxx to a full number. Pressing Call will normalize and call the number, but there is no preview of the number, No reverse contact lookup etc

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. button to freeze screen during screen sharing

button to freeze screen during screen sharing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. communications credits payment options

add the option for bank payments / debits as payment options, only credit card is available

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Presence based Call Queues/Groups

In Skype for Business on-prem Response Group Groups presence based routing methods:

Longest idle - to offer a new call first to the agent who has been idle the longest (has had a presence of Available or Inactive in Skype for Business Server the longest) .

Parallel - to offer a new call to all available agents at the same time, the call is sent to the first agent who accepts it.

We use these extensively and can't migrate to Teams without finding a replacement. Please add this functionality to SfB Online and Teams Call Groups.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for existing Skype-Compatible wireless headset devices (Jabra, Sennheiser, etc.)

Make Teams compatible with wireless headsets (USB or Bluetooth) that are able to be used with Skype.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams on phone does not use Bluetooth or Android auto

To have teams intergrate into your car. It could be low level like just have Bluetooth audio calls over bt in car. Or go high level and intergrate it with Android Auto or Apple car play. Just like Google does with hangouts. As we try to business still while traveling in ours cars.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand the number of people visible on the screen during a video call.

Currently, regardless of screen size, only four people (the last four who spoke) can be visible on the screen during a video call. This need to be customizable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Should work with Bluetooth Headsets

Teams should work with wireless bluetooth headsets. Why work with a select few such as Plantronics or Jabra. I have a brand new Beats 3 and it is useless with this product. Supposedly it has the newest chip for connecting seamlessly with products.
    Thanks,

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hunt Group Availability with Direct Routing

When configuring teams with direct routing for phone system many of the core features that customers would need like Auto Attendants, Call Queues and Hunt groups are missing or you need to purchase numbers from Microsoft. These are essential components that customers need when looking to migrate from their existing pstn setup onto Teams. This is costing a lot of potential clients to opt for other cloud based solutions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.