Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't center and crop videos in multi-user video calls.

Don't center and crop videos in multi-user video conferences.

Video feeds i calls with multiple users are being cropped, losing a lot of width of view. This is a huge problem in calls between meeting rooms where people are cropped out of the view.

I would like the option to choose which video feed to view in FULL, with the rest of the attendees feeds minimising along the bottom of the window in the same way as when screen sharing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. multiple phone numbers

It would be nice to be able to assign more than one user number to a single user. Call qeues are not always a suited solution. E.g. if the user needs to dial out with different numbers.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Merge two conference calls/meetings into one

Usually when we dial into a conference call meeting, it requires us to input extension number, meeting room numbers or etc. So when I want to combine two meeting into one, I can merge calls in Skype for Business, but cannot find the same feature in Teams. Is there any roadmap to add this feature back to Teams?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Group Voicemail

We have a number of teams that use a group phone number, and hence would like to have a group voicemail box so that anyone in the group can access the voicemail

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Conference calls: Mute speaker locally

We are using MS Teams meetings in an open space setting together with remotes. When sitting in the same physical room like the speaker, we receive the voice over the air and over the headset.

Thus we would like to be able to only locally, on ones own machine, mute people.
    The current mute function doesn't work for this, since it GLOBALLY mutes and then EVERY participant (also remote people) isn't able to hear the speaker.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add automatic mute option when we join the conference calls

Add automatic mute functionality when we join the conference call

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User Contacts- contact's company name needs to be displayed and searchable too

In Teams Contacts, currently only 3 columns are displayed- Name, Title, and Phone. I am requesting that the contact's company be displayed too. It is difficult to find the person you need to call when the using the contacts if you don't remember the name of the person, but do know the name of the company you are trying to reach. This is also true for contacts that have multiple phone numbers. Its hard to know which record is correct without seeing more information.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let Teams respect the "Mute all other sounds" when in a call setting

If you are listening to music in your headset and place or recieve a call
    sounds are not muted even though the setting is set to mute all other sounds.

We also seen an issue where sounds are initially muted on incoming call, but then turned up significantly when the call is picked up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mutliple numbers on a user, auto-attendant or call queue

It would be great if we could have an Auto-Attendant that has more than 1 number assigned to it. Most organizations advertise or have advertised multiple numbers in their history. It's unacceptable that I can only have 1 number route to an AA or Call Queue or user. In another phone system we support, a user or AA can have a main Direct Inward Dial number and 10 alternate DID's.

Will this be implemented in Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outbound CNAM Power Shell Management

Admins should be able to manage CNAM information using Powershell and/or API calls.
    Currently we have to send an email to request CNAM changes every time we need a change. We need to automate this, when setting up a new user we should be able to set their CNAM info.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. call hand off between devices

add the capability to hand off video and audio calls between devices.
    lets say you are late back to your desk so you join a meeting or answer a Teams call using your mobile. when you get back to your desk you should be able to and the session on the mobile and continue on your PC.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enhanced Call Queues

When will Serial Routing call queues be enhanced? Currently the routing is based on the alphabetical structure of the distribution list which does not work for my call groups. We need the ability to define the routing by agent.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chat calling: Show more than one number

When you click on the "Call-Button" in a teams chat, only the mobile number and Teams to Teams call are displayed.

It would be great if you could also see existing Corpnumbers (Officenumbers) that are synchronized with the Azure AD.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop call queue sending calls to a person that is already on the phone

If a person is already on a call, stop the call queue sending calls to this person. The queue should hunt the next person if someone is already on the phone

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. button to freeze screen during screen sharing

button to freeze screen during screen sharing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Play a music on hold after a call agent answered in a call queue

When a call agent accepts the call and holds it, no music is played and it is really quiet during the hold. I would like the call queue feature to play a music on hold.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base