Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hunt Group Availability with Direct Routing

When configuring teams with direct routing for phone system many of the core features that customers would need like Auto Attendants, Call Queues and Hunt groups are missing or you need to purchase numbers from Microsoft. These are essential components that customers need when looking to migrate from their existing pstn setup onto Teams. This is costing a lot of potential clients to opt for other cloud based solutions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User Contacts- contact's company name needs to be displayed and searchable too

In Teams Contacts, currently only 3 columns are displayed- Name, Title, and Phone. I am requesting that the contact's company be displayed too. It is difficult to find the person you need to call when the using the contacts if you don't remember the name of the person, but do know the name of the company you are trying to reach. This is also true for contacts that have multiple phone numbers. Its hard to know which record is correct without seeing more information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support for existing Skype-Compatible wireless headset devices (Jabra, Sennheiser, etc.)

Make Teams compatible with wireless headsets (USB or Bluetooth) that are able to be used with Skype.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presented call in Teams

I would like to have the opportunity to make a Presented call, when I transfer a incoming call to a colleague for example. The only option I have now is to chat the person I transfer the call to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Group Voicemail

We have a number of teams that use a group phone number, and hence would like to have a group voicemail box so that anyone in the group can access the voicemail

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams on phone does not use Bluetooth or Android auto

To have teams intergrate into your car. It could be low level like just have Bluetooth audio calls over bt in car. Or go high level and intergrate it with Android Auto or Apple car play. Just like Google does with hangouts. As we try to business still while traveling in ours cars.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. when adding participants enable extension dialing from keypad

In both SfB & Teams there is currently no ability to add a participant to an existing meeting by dialing their phone # that then requires an extension to be dialed after the phone #. The keypad does not pass the numeric tones when dialing the extension. Please add this feature to Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Contact sync with Outlook

Please make the contacts that show up in the calling tab to be synced with a persons outlook or global address book of sorts. It's annoying having to manage so many different contact books

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video Meeting option for locking screen for video recording

Since Teams works so easily with Microsoft Stream to record meetings, my team has hosted training sessions where we have a webcam pointed on a presenter in front of a whiteboard. The output from these recordings isn't ideal because the UI splits the call into four windows.

It would be great if there were an option under the ellipsis menu to enable "Presenter Mode" (perhaps use a different name to avoid confusion with the PPT feature) where the UI locks to the single user who has activated Presenter Mode in the same way that a screenshare locks the UI to…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Opt in and out call queue's using / command

Let users/agents be able to Opt in and Out call queue's using the Teams Client. Ideally using the / command option.
    Now they need to use https://aka.ms/cqsettings

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Being able to focus and enlarge a camera/confrence room video stream

When there is a video stream from a camera it's shared with other non camera feeds (user avatars). I'm able to select a "Screen Share" stream and make it full screen; I wish I could do the same with a conference room feed / camera feed and not have the main camera feed cut off by other users' avatars without a camera.

This would also solve issues with the video feed being cut-off.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to transfer call directly to voicemail

In Skype you could select from a list of numbers for a user (ie. work number, mobile number, and voicemail) and choose which to transfer the call to, would love to be able to transfer directly to voicemail or a mobile number in Teams.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Caller ID for outgoing Calls

When you call someone using Teams as your Phone system, the caller ID on the receiving end only shows a phone number and location. It should be possible to tag the company name to the number for Caller ID purposes.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. voice settings

The "voice settings" menu from SFB app (Android and IOS) should be implemented in Teams app as well. There you can choose whether calls to cellphone should be VOIP, VOIP on WiFi only or Cellular. In the Scandinavian countries operator-based forking is common, and this setting improves the integration between the operator and Teams. There could also be a setting "VOIP for Teams calls, Cellphone for PSTN calls". Also, make these settings configurable from O365 admin portal and/or Powershell.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Doesn't show Audio Call start, stop, and duration on Chat

For some reason Audio Calls stopped recording the start and stop times, as well as duration of the Audio Call, on the Chat window. There is no record whatsoever that we switched to Audio. I still run Windows 8, so maybe it's because you're trying to pull the plug on Windows 8? :)

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback.

Would you also be able to provide comments clarifying if this is Call History or Chat?

Thank you very much!
    -Warren

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Voicemail forward

Like on an iPhone ..there should be an ability to forward voicemail to other team members.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. show call time

Hello,

in teams it is not possible to see how long the call duration was. (after hanging up the connection) IN skype and skype for business this is. Is it possible to add a log line of the duration of the call.
    Second request: Is it possible to add a log line that a person has called and the date and timestamp to it. Now this is visable in the activity log but without the time stamp.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When video calling, pop out into its own window

When you make, or receive, a call in Teams, i want to pop it into its own window similar to how SFB worked. This is because i have my chats on one screen and my videos on another screen and many times, if we are sharing screens, i make it full screen. When it does so inline, i am forced to move my teams window to my other monitor and then have to move it back when finished.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.