Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide call controls while in a Teams meeting

While using the Teams client on Windows10 for a scheduled meeting, I clicked on the Activity tab and lost all call controls. I had to click back on the meetings tab and then on the Join button again in order to hang up the call.

Could you please provide functionality similar to SfB, where the ongoing call pops out from the client and is always available for the caller to mute, hang up, etc.?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video not as beneficial in team calls

Sharing your video during a call, it should pop up who is talking so you know who is talking. Refer to Skype capabilities on video.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. call search

In Calls tab, when I type in Top Search Bar, it doesn't pop up my Contacts. I have to go under A-Z to search/find. I should be able to do it in both areas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replicate similar stage functionality to Show Stage in Skype for Business

When I share a screen it would help if there was an option to see what the others can see. Similar to the Stage options in Skype for business.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Webcam quality is very low

I have a full HD (1080p) webcam which hasn't the same quality in video call than with Skype for Business. We also have fiber optic Internet connection so it's not the cause of the poor image.

It happened on many different computers so I guess it's an issue from Teams.

Question: can you make the video quality much higher?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pop up a widget for incoming calls to make it easy to answer the call (e.g. Like Skype)

If a call comes in on Skype, it pops up a window that lets me answer. Teams lack this and even makes me hunt for which contact is calling so that I can answer it.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Integrate Teams with Zoom.US

Zoom is an excellent replacement for WebEx, maybe even the best right now. Slack allows us to force Zoom.us to be configured as the audio call, video call and screen sharing interface.

Zoom.us is fast to launch, so it makes it ideal for audio calls, video calls and screensharing.

I'd suggest Teams allow admins to config to force use of calls with Zoom.

PS. WebEx VP Engineering started a company called Zoom, and it's really good (and inexpensive too).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mac app exits full screen after call

I keep the teams app open full screen on a separate desktop on my mac. Whenever I enter a call and screen share, after the call ends the teams app is now windowed on my primary desktop and I have to fullscreen it again. When the day is full of calls this can be a very frustrating activity

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visual feedback when I speak would be helpful

When I join a team meeting, the profile images of all other members in the meeting are displayed. Whenever one of them speaks, a subtle "sound wave" effect radiates out from the speaker's profile image. This is useful, as it lets me see who is speaking.

However, when I speak, I do not see any feedback at all. This means that if my microphone cuts out, or I forget to un-mute myself, I have no idea that nobody can hear me. On the other hand, I may forget to mute my microphone while someone else is speaking, and accidentally inject…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Incoming call popup is does not display over other open windows

When Teams is minimized to activity tray (lower right) the popup for an incoming call will place itself behind other windows I have open such as browsers etc.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to easily make a existing scheduled meeting a Teams Video meeting (Skype meeting).

I have lots of existing scheduled meetings. It would be nice to easily add a video option when needed to existing meetings. I shouldn't have to recreate the meeting

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Uncoupling the mini-viewer during a call

I'd like to be able to uncouple the video mini-viewer from the Teams interface, so I could drag it to another monitor (and make it full-screen) while keeping the regular Teams interface open on the first monitor.

That way, I could more easily see the caller, or what he is sharing, full-screen, whilst keeping one eye on my own Teams content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better support for video/phone calls in conference rooms

I need an easy way to pull up a video/phone call in a conference room without potentially exposing private messages, meetings, etc. This could be a different account, or a login with an option to enter teams with a limited "conference" based feature set. A "do not disturb" feature would work, but not completely disable private sections.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video when minimized

If you minimize the client in a video conference, it would be great if it would bring up a small video window on top... similar to what Skype For Business when it is minimized and you are in a video call.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would like to have a Teams Soft Phone

I hate Jabber as a chat agent, and the Skype underneath, already takes care of the screen sharing, and team collaboration via chat. However, it makes for a pretty good soft phone, but I would love it if Microsoft could partner with Cisco, or something be done to add a Soft Phone to the Teams ecosystem.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
    * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. separate audio controls from the OS

It would be great if you could separate the audio config for the application away from the OS. This way, I can use a headset for calling, and an external mic for Cortana.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show when your video is being displayed

When there is a video conference with more than 4 people, it seems to show the 4 most recent speakers on the screen. It would be very useful to know if your own video image is being displayed to others. Your own image is displayed at the bottom right, if it could be made to have a thick red border when your video is active it would be great.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to disable video on my end

My low bandwidth often makes video choppy and degrades overall call quality. Being able to disable video of other call members on my end would allow me to use precious bandwidth for voice instead of video.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.