Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having more than four video sessions visible within a Teams session.

Having more than four video sessions visible on a Team session when no screen sharing is occurring. Many call this the Hollywood Squares or Brady Bunch affect.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Contact sync with Outlook

Please make the contacts that show up in the calling tab to be synced with a persons outlook or global address book of sorts. It's annoying having to manage so many different contact books

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call transfer to contact's mobile number without having to manually type it in.

Currently in Teams (with a calling plan license) you can click on contacts and then click on the person's mobile number to initiate a call. very quickly.

However, when you are on a call and want to transfer to that contact, it defaults to calling them on the Teams app. Not everyone will have the ability to properly answer a Teams voice call. So if you want to transfer them to their mobile number, you need to manually type it in which is a real pain. Imagine a receptionist having to always transfer calls by typing in their number manually.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mute all other audio when you answer a call

IN Skype for business all other audio muted (such as audio streaming, youtube, videos etc) but in teams this does not happen but I think this is a must have feature.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't center and crop videos in multi-user video calls.

Don't center and crop videos in multi-user video conferences.

Video feeds i calls with multiple users are being cropped, losing a lot of width of view. This is a huge problem in calls between meeting rooms where people are cropped out of the view.

I would like the option to choose which video feed to view in FULL, with the rest of the attendees feeds minimising along the bottom of the window in the same way as when screen sharing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for CNAM on Inbound Calls

Inbound Calls should show CNAM information not only the Caller ID Number.
    CNAM is available for many many years, please have Teams display CNAM on incoming calls.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Voicemail forward

Like on an iPhone ..there should be an ability to forward voicemail to other team members.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Teams: also let computer speaker ring when headset connected

Hi!

Incoming calls ring only on the Headset but not on PC speaker, as you can configure in Skype for Busines.
    We want to get this option back for our users...

Bye
    André

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Forward calls from the auto attendant to an External Number

In a scenario when there are still enough credits on the organization.

It would be great if the auto attendant could have a feature to route/forward messages to an external number like a Phone or an Alternate Office Number.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat calling: Show more than one number

When you click on the "Call-Button" in a teams chat, only the mobile number and Teams to Teams call are displayed.

It would be great if you could also see existing Corpnumbers (Officenumbers) that are synchronized with the Azure AD.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. User Contacts- contact's company name needs to be displayed and searchable too

In Teams Contacts, currently only 3 columns are displayed- Name, Title, and Phone. I am requesting that the contact's company be displayed too. It is difficult to find the person you need to call when the using the contacts if you don't remember the name of the person, but do know the name of the company you are trying to reach. This is also true for contacts that have multiple phone numbers. Its hard to know which record is correct without seeing more information.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integrate better with the Plantronics 700 series headset

Please fix the integration with the Plantonics 700 series. In Skype for Business when I start a call or enter a meeting the PC is automatically activated as the input device. I'm also able to mute headset and have status reflected as the same both in Skype and on the lights for the physical device regardless which way I initiate the mute. I want those features in Teams.

I'd also like those features to work in Teams while Skype for Business is also still running. My company has both running throughout the day. We just use the audio for one…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enhanced Call Queues

When will Serial Routing call queues be enhanced? Currently the routing is based on the alphabetical structure of the distribution list which does not work for my call groups. We need the ability to define the routing by agent.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.