Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Telephone not ringing on Speaker

If Headset is set as the normal Audio, Telephone ringing is not on the built-in Speaker. In Skype you can adjust this. Please prvide the sam feature for Teams-Phone.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display incoming caller Id when callers dial a call queue

Incoming calls to a call queue should show the caller id of the person calling. It only shows the name of the call queue in Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't center and crop videos in multi-user video calls.

Don't center and crop videos in multi-user video conferences.

Video feeds i calls with multiple users are being cropped, losing a lot of width of view. This is a huge problem in calls between meeting rooms where people are cropped out of the view.

I would like the option to choose which video feed to view in FULL, with the rest of the attendees feeds minimising along the bottom of the window in the same way as when screen sharing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate better with the Plantronics 700 series headset

Please fix the integration with the Plantonics 700 series. In Skype for Business when I start a call or enter a meeting the PC is automatically activated as the input device. I'm also able to mute headset and have status reflected as the same both in Skype and on the lights for the physical device regardless which way I initiate the mute. I want those features in Teams.

I'd also like those features to work in Teams while Skype for Business is also still running. My company has both running throughout the day. We just use the audio for one…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat calling: Show more than one number

When you click on the "Call-Button" in a teams chat, only the mobile number and Teams to Teams call are displayed.

It would be great if you could also see existing Corpnumbers (Officenumbers) that are synchronized with the Azure AD.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enhanced Call Queues

When will Serial Routing call queues be enhanced? Currently the routing is based on the alphabetical structure of the distribution list which does not work for my call groups. We need the ability to define the routing by agent.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mute all other audio when you answer a call

IN Skype for business all other audio muted (such as audio streaming, youtube, videos etc) but in teams this does not happen but I think this is a must have feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While in a call, add another person to the call

Reopening previous UserVoice post per request of MS Support:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16952083-while-in-a-call-add-another-person-to-the-call

"While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button."

This is NOT completed - this feature, as well as various other features (such as Delegate Call-As) are not available in PSTN calling/Calls tab, only Teams-to-Teams calling (via the Chat tab).

These features have been marked as completed in the UserVoice as well as the roadmap but that is not correct.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Number Normalization like in Skype for Business

Presently there is no feedback to the user when using to Dial pad or /Call that the number is being normalized. Unlike in Skype 4 Business when you dial an extension number (and this gets normalized) there is no indication to the user that they are dialing a valid number before they press call

In this example I'm using 4 digit extensions and I have a normalization rule to translate 5xxx to a full number. Pressing Call will normalize and call the number, but there is no preview of the number, No reverse contact lookup etc

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Call Queue Opt In/Out Based on Status

If my calendar says I'm in a meeting, or if I'm away, etc, Teams changes my status accordingly. This should also change my call queue status.

If my status is Busy, Away, DnD, I should be automatically taken out of any or all of the call queues I'm a part of.

Ideally this should be a per-queue setup option. Along with giving call queue agents the ability to opt in/out, there should also be an option for status-based opt in/out.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Should work with Bluetooth Headsets

Teams should work with wireless bluetooth headsets. Why work with a select few such as Plantronics or Jabra. I have a brand new Beats 3 and it is useless with this product. Supposedly it has the newest chip for connecting seamlessly with products.
    Thanks,

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presence based Call Queues/Groups

In Skype for Business on-prem Response Group Groups presence based routing methods:

Longest idle - to offer a new call first to the agent who has been idle the longest (has had a presence of Available or Inactive in Skype for Business Server the longest) .

Parallel - to offer a new call to all available agents at the same time, the call is sent to the first agent who accepts it.

We use these extensively and can't migrate to Teams without finding a replacement. Please add this functionality to SfB Online and Teams Call Groups.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Popout conference window

We usually project the conference window, including the video, to a different (bigger screen). Would be great if that could be popedout from the rest of Teams app so that you can still work with it in the background. Also, moving between conference screen and other Teams screens is annoying

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.