Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Joining meeting from more endsystem

Please enable joining meeting feature via more system like via desktop and mobile in parallel for a single user. Currently, we can join via only 1 way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connect over mobile phones

Like we have the option in skype, can we please enable adding people via calling their mobile numbers?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. communication credits should not expire

Ridiculous to have to have a minimum amount of money posted and then to lose it if you don't use it. Credits should remain on your account until used. Just another way to take your money.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable an option to adjust the size of the windows that are showing on a Videoconference call

An option to Adjust the windows when a video conference is being performed.

When you share a PPT, the Screen shows 85% the PPT and 15% the video of the one who is presenting, I would like to have the chance to adjust as screen as I need, maybe 40% Video and 60% PPT

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use depth cameras for background blur

Background blur is a very useful feature, and generally is effective - but not always.

Many systems are now shipped with depth sensor cameras (eg Intel RealSense) which are typically used for Windows Hello facial recognition.

Teams should use the depth sensing capability to significantly improve the backgroud blur feature (so it dosent have to rely simply on AI based image face detection)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Telephony in teams with CTI

Teams do not seem to release a CallerID.

However, this is absolutely necessary to identify the caller in the Teams client.

An appropriate adapter can then be programmed. Teams has to handle the CallerID in the same way as the Skype for Business Client does.

The development must offer a call event (API).

The Skype for Business is unfortunately not being developed further, so the telephony options should also be adopted by Teams.

Please work on it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Home tenant Telephony and Chat available when working in guest tenant

We are a company that implements MS UC solutions and provided change management for those solutions.

Our consultance are working for multiple customers and are often added to the customers Teams projectteam. When working in those tenants all calls to that users cloud telephony number don't show on the users client, because the focus of Teams is switched from our home tenant to the guest tenant.

Same goes for chat.
    Chat is only available for the tenant your working in. if you want to chat with someone from your own organisation, or pick-up a chat where you left off you…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Put options and ignore buttons at the bottom of the incoming call notifications window.

Put the options and ignore buttons at the bottom of the incoming call notifications window. Skype used to allow the user to send a call to voicemail with the "ignore" button. Can that feature be added to Teams? If I'm talking with someone in my office, I can't take a call and don't want to hear the ringing.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. recover call recording

Is there any possibility to recover the recordings during the call which was not saved as the teams got closed unexpectedly?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Receive inbound calls in Teams via Calling Plan

Currently, it appears that Teams ignores PSTN calls except if outbound, sending calls directly to voicemail unless Skype is open. In order to migrate our organization to Teams, we need to have PSTN calling fully operational in Teams.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix voice calls to be treated as Windows communications activity

I use Skype for Business and Teams side by side (because some people think Teams is already a replacement...) but have noticed when in a call to another person, sometimes that person will go rather quiet.

When fiddling with the Windows Sound control panel, I noticed if I set the option "When Windows detects communications activity" to "Do nothing", the call goes back to normal.
    If left/changed to the default "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%", the caller goes really quiet.

If Teams were to be setup such that voice calls (and video calls by association) were treated…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to answer on a headset

Would love to be able to answer using my Plantronics headset.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow adding of other callers to a conversation.

Allow another caller to be added to the conversation in the same manner we used to be able to do in SFB.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dial from command bar

Allow calling a phone number by pasting it into the command bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. hang

On Skype, clicking to end call on my microphone ends the call completely but can't seem to do that with Teams. Have to navigate into app and click "close call"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Video Sharing Control Override

The presenter should always have main control (override ability) during video sharing.

If you share your screen and someone requests control, they are then fully in control. If they continue to click around the presenter will be unable to regain control. Usually the presenter has override ability (on other programs) to make sure no one is able to start closing programs, delete items, or shutdown your computer.

At the very minimum perhaps a hotkey that allows you to stop presenting so you can just present again without someone having control.

Thank you,
    Andrew

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The new Call feature:

Can you make the Call contact quick list a "little" more compact?
    I don't want to blody scrool to find someone.

A list would do fine. I'm braking my neck just trying to find who I want to contact. I'm not blind. Whos designing this stuff???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add User to Call SfB / Teams

We can not another Teams user to an existing call with a Skype for Business user.

Our organization has already been migrated to teams, our partner organization is still using Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add dial in info for Teams Meeting

Many customers are not able to join the call on the run - add dial-in info to the Teams Meetings so anyone can join remotely without the app. Getting multiple people on a Teams meeting is too difficult compared to other options

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. plz populate always on top screen option

plz populate always on top screen option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)