Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile phone integration for teams

Mobile phone integration like skype 4 business, especilly for those with low data and unlimited minutes. If i foward, i use cell voicemail bs Teams voicemail which is preferred

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams didnt work well. I want Skype for business back

Teams didnt work as Skype. It is the worst thing in communications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. teams setup performance for phone system

when i add a phone number to a new user. i must wait up to 24 hours until the setting is available. in other areas it takes a long time until the changes are set. please make the setup changings faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contact presence contacts list using the calls feature.

I have noticed that I cannot tag a contact to notify me when their presence changes from my contacts list using the calls feature. It can only seem to be done via chat. Is this by design or am I not doing something?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. extension numbers

I see nothing in the Road Map regarding the use or internal extension numbers to dial teams users within the same tennant. Is this something that is planned? Many clients have requested this functionality and have turned away from teams based on the lack of this feature. If i have a user in a different part of the building I cannot see the difficulty in configuring their presence in Teams to recognise if 500 is dialled that it goes to the particular user associated with that number in teams. This would then tie into auto attendants, when a customer calls…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Generate a notification when you breach a certain percentage of calling plan minutes

Is there a way to get notification when you breach a certain percentage of you calling plan minutes? a notification to say you are about to exceed consider purchasing communication credits?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Team Calls

As a user, I would like to be able to initiate a team call that any member of that team can join or leave at any time so that team meetings can be easier to start - even if someone is late.

We are using MS Teams for video/voice call meetings with team members all over the country. It would be nice for a user that wasn't available when the call started to join in once they were available. Some indication that a team call was in progress and a way to join it. Currently, there are not calls allowed…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have phone controls in foreground when teams app is not in focus or minimized

When being in a call but not having the focus on the teams app or it is minimized it would be great to have a small window basic phone controls like hang up, mute, hold in the foreground as it is in Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share my screen and see their screen (picture in picture) for training

I would like the ability to share my screen (so an employee/client can see my desktop) and be able to see their screen in a smaller window to make sure they are following along as we step through a tutorial. A 1/4 size picture-in-picture in the right-hand corner of my screen would be GREAT! Possibly transparent while not a focused window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove the small window which opens when a call is on. move its function to main window

When this small window is open it creates lot of screen to manage when using the Teams calling feature. Slack does not have this small window open when a call is made and everything is managed on a single window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bvd error

Resource account
    Bvd error

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I start the Team App on my Win10, it could tell me if a call forwarding is active (as Outlook does for example...))

When I start the Team App on my Win10, it could tell me if a call forwarding is still active (as Outlook does for example...)
    There also should be a single button to activate/deactivate forwarding - I do this several times a day...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Teams to mute all other computer sound when making or receiving a call

It is a nuisance having to manually pause a radio station when making or receiving a call using Teams.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. use conference telephone

Hi
    As long as we cannot use Teams to arrange metting including a Conference telephine, we are depndent on Skype. We could prefer to use only one Application for Meetings and chat. not two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. auto attendant choose calander days rather than time regions

Be able to choose week by week a different group to answer the call, one week one group another week another group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. incoming outgoing calls collide

When I place an outgoing VOIP call on Teams and it happens that an incoming call arrives on Extension before my outbound call is connected, TEAMS answers the incoming call without notice!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please eliminate sibilance ('s' sounds harsh)

The sibilance ('s' consonant) is incredibly shrill and hurts my ears whenever somebody pronounces an 's'.

Please find a way to eliminate sibilance in the audio calls.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Call Queue Disconnect with Message

Call Queues should have a third overflow option. "Disconnect after message". Not only disconnect or disconnect with busy signal, but the option to play a message before it disconnects.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base