Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Retain Caller ID Information in Call History

When a call comes in there is caller ID information, but the history does not retain this information. Can the caller ID information be retained?

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When video calling, pop out into its own window

When you make, or receive, a call in Teams, i want to pop it into its own window similar to how SFB worked. This is because i have my chats on one screen and my videos on another screen and many times, if we are sharing screens, i make it full screen. When it does so inline, i am forced to move my teams window to my other monitor and then have to move it back when finished.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use whiteboard in 1-on-1 calls

It would be great if we could share a whiteboard in 1-on-1 calls. Currently, whiteboard is available in meetings and also in private calls, as long as there are 3 or more people. It seems reasonable to add this feature also to 1-on-1 calls.

(Uservoice already has requests about adding whiteboard to calls, but they are not to the point, as whiteboard already is in calls, just not in 1-on-1 ones)

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable the ability to use non-service numbers with cscallinglineidentity

Currently only service numbers can be used for callinglineidentity even though we now have the ability to use onprem/non-ms numbers for direct routing to a queue/autoattendant. In several isntances I have departmental numbers that need to be used for CallerID masking but are not in an autoattendant or call queue.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable Audio, Video, and Desktop sharing by user

Our users are spread across the globe, with varying bandwidth strength and local policies on video calling. We desperately need the ability to enable audio, video, and desktop sharing in Teams only to a subset of users (either by users or by location). We are able to do this with Skype, so makes sense to do the same in Teams.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Turn down volume for other apps when you get an incoming Teams call

I was listening to Spotify when I got a call on Teams. I had to manually turn down the volume on Spotify to be able to hear the Teams call. This happens automatically in Skype for Business.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. button to freeze screen during screen sharing

button to freeze screen during screen sharing

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reject call with message option should be available

There should be an option during an incoming call to reject it with a template and customized messages like "I am in a meeting, will call you soon" or more of these so that caller should be aware of the situation of the receiver.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Call Queues should follow call forward settings

I don't understand why this isn't already the default setting. When a user sets up call forwarding in their client calls that come from a Call Queue should be treated like any other call. It should forward to the number they want to receive the call on.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide support to make calls using Amazon Echo

Provide support to make calls using Amazon Echo

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto Attendant Time Out Options

Addition of an option when setting up an Auto Attendant that automatically diverts to a selected group or user if no options are selected within a certain time scale.

EG.. greeting is - press 1 for sales, 2 for support... or hold for reception... call is then automatically directed when there is no input.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic volume leveling for meeting participants

Often, callers have different volume levels. Either they have a mic right near their mouth with a headset - or they may be using a laptop mic far away.

It'd be helpful if we could adjust the volume of individual participants - boosting some and reducing the volume of others.

I've seen that feature in Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/volume-leveling-in-windows-media-player-12-does/9470455c-f68c-4457-b16e-63d83c4f2041

As an enhancement, it'd be nice if users could also select callers independently and adjust their volume. These adjustments should be saved such that the volume level tweaking is remembered from call-to-call so the tweaks would not have to be made…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PSTN Usage Report - export / view via PowerBI or thru API

PSTN Usage Report - export / view via PowerBI or thru API

We would like to provide automated reports to our managers which contain data gathered from PSTN Usage reports. Specifically individual call statistics for users (inbound / outbound). At the moment, one will need to go to the admin center and view this manually or extract / export via Excel.

Please provide the capability to mine / query these data using PowerBI or API

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Background blur for Mac

Hi,
    Please add the Background blur feature for Mac users!

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a prompt to confirm if you want to make a call before the call is transmitted (to avoid accidental calls)

To avoid accidental calls (particularly a nuisance for large groups), it would be good to have a prompt on screen that requires that you confirm that you wish to make the call. It's easy to accidentally hit the call button without realizing you're in the right group chat, or just simply by accidentally clicking the phone /video icon when attempting to access settings.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Call transfer to contact's mobile number without having to manually type it in.

Currently in Teams (with a calling plan license) you can click on contacts and then click on the person's mobile number to initiate a call. very quickly.

However, when you are on a call and want to transfer to that contact, it defaults to calling them on the Teams app. Not everyone will have the ability to properly answer a Teams voice call. So if you want to transfer them to their mobile number, you need to manually type it in which is a real pain. Imagine a receptionist having to always transfer calls by typing in their number manually.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. While in a call, add another person to the call

Reopening previous UserVoice post per request of MS Support:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16952083-while-in-a-call-add-another-person-to-the-call

"While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button."

This is NOT completed - this feature, as well as various other features (such as Delegate Call-As) are not available in PSTN calling/Calls tab, only Teams-to-Teams calling (via the Chat tab).

These features have been marked as completed in the UserVoice as well as the roadmap but that is not correct.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft 365 Business Voice needs fax

Fax communication doesn't appear to be part of the Microsoft 365 Business Voice plan currently. At least it appears you can't send nor receive a fax in Teams. This would be something to add that meets the requirement of companies that use faxing capabilities.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Call History

For us and our customers it would be helpful to be able to filter the results in the call history. At the moment, this list is just getting longer and longer. So, I'd like to be able to sort and filter by type (incomming, outgoing, missed), date or source/destination number.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base