Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extension Dialing

Dailing by extension is a behavior that our customers and staff are very accustomed to. I expect most customers who are coming from other phone systems, ie. Nortel, RingCentral, and others are used to providing their extension to outside parties to call in to them rather than a bunch of random DID numbers. The July 2018 roadmap indicates that extension calling is available now (https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf) but this is not the case. At least not for external callers calling into an auto attendant.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Audio, Video, and Desktop sharing by user

Our users are spread across the globe, with varying bandwidth strength and local policies on video calling. We desperately need the ability to enable audio, video, and desktop sharing in Teams only to a subset of users (either by users or by location). We are able to do this with Skype, so makes sense to do the same in Teams.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable auto tracking an video calls

Being tracked automatically is great when using a static webcam. However, when using a camera which has its own auto tracking/framing built in it would be preferable to let the camera solution perform the auto tracking and therefore be able to disable the Teams feature.

Using such a camera currently with Teams means the camera auto tracks a person but often the Teams client then tracks within the camera image - its not a good experience and is unnecessary when you have an adequate camera to provide the tracking. I've seen this issue with Polycom Studio.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use whiteboard in 1-on-1 calls

It would be great if we could share a whiteboard in 1-on-1 calls. Currently, whiteboard is available in meetings and also in private calls, as long as there are 3 or more people. It seems reasonable to add this feature also to 1-on-1 calls.

(Uservoice already has requests about adding whiteboard to calls, but they are not to the point, as whiteboard already is in calls, just not in 1-on-1 ones)

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft 365 Business Voice needs fax

Fax communication doesn't appear to be part of the Microsoft 365 Business Voice plan currently. At least it appears you can't send nor receive a fax in Teams. This would be something to add that meets the requirement of companies that use faxing capabilities.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reject call with message option should be available

There should be an option during an incoming call to reject it with a template and customized messages like "I am in a meeting, will call you soon" or more of these so that caller should be aware of the situation of the receiver.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use annotation tools on a PPT in Teams Call

I miss the ability to use Annotation Tools together on a shared PPT in a Microsoft Teams call. Previously we were using Skype for Business and there this was possible. The Whiteboard is not sufficient for this purpose, since there are no text entry options for example.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable the ability to use non-service numbers with cscallinglineidentity

Currently only service numbers can be used for callinglineidentity even though we now have the ability to use onprem/non-ms numbers for direct routing to a queue/autoattendant. In several isntances I have departmental numbers that need to be used for CallerID masking but are not in an autoattendant or call queue.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. button to freeze screen during screen sharing

button to freeze screen during screen sharing

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MOH while Call transfer

MOH (Music on Hold) works fine, when I put a caller on Hold.
    When I transfer a caller to anyone else, the caller hears nothing while transfering or consultiv tranfer Process. It would be great to ger here MOH also. The silence during the transfer process is confusing the caller.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enhanced Call Queues

When will Serial Routing call queues be enhanced? Currently the routing is based on the alphabetical structure of the distribution list which does not work for my call groups. We need the ability to define the routing by agent.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Retain Caller ID Information in Call History

When a call comes in there is caller ID information, but the history does not retain this information. Can the caller ID information be retained?

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Relocatable tool bar during I watching other person screen sharing

Tool bar on the bottom of screen to control camera, mute etc.. This bar sometimes block information on screen.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PSTN Usage Report - export / view via PowerBI or thru API

PSTN Usage Report - export / view via PowerBI or thru API

We would like to provide automated reports to our managers which contain data gathered from PSTN Usage reports. Specifically individual call statistics for users (inbound / outbound). At the moment, one will need to go to the admin center and view this manually or extract / export via Excel.

Please provide the capability to mine / query these data using PowerBI or API

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please support "new calling and meeting experience" in VDI with Teams client.

Turning on new calling and meetings experiences in VDI with Teams client is required for some Japanese customer.
    Could you please consider this issue?

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Music on hold for Teams-To-Teams calls (Regular Teams Calls)

Music on hold for PSTN-To-Teams and Call queues were made available but we still need the same feature for Teams-To-Teams calls don't we? I couldn't see another item discussing the same but if so, please merge this item.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let Teams respect the "Mute all other sounds" when in a call setting

If you are listening to music in your headset and place or recieve a call
    sounds are not muted even though the setting is set to mute all other sounds.

We also seen an issue where sounds are initially muted on incoming call, but then turned up significantly when the call is picked up.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unassigned Number Range

In SfB there was this feature called Unassigned Number Range to upload a range of on premise PSTN Numbers. This allowed us to direct calls that were not assigned to a user to a fallback central number.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When video calling, pop out into its own window

When you make, or receive, a call in Teams, i want to pop it into its own window similar to how SFB worked. This is because i have my chats on one screen and my videos on another screen and many times, if we are sharing screens, i make it full screen. When it does so inline, i am forced to move my teams window to my other monitor and then have to move it back when finished.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base