Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Freely Switching Between Screens When Screensharing

Looking for the ability in screen sharing where you can freely switch between screens without having to manually go back into the video call and switch screens. There is a big lag time and it interrupts your though process when explaining things over video call. Let me know if there's a way around this!

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for multiple default local dial-in numbers for PSTN

Currently it's only possible to have one default local number added to an MS Teams meeting invite.

It would be helpful to be able to be able to include multiple default local calling numbers as meeting participants can often span multiple calling areas/cities. Otherwise, the additional number(s) must always be manually added.
    Otherwise, the additional numbers will need to be manually added by the PSG member with a meeting request update after the initial meeting request is sent out.

181 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add working hours to Teams Calls

Add options for working hours for Teams and calling so that your client/soft phone calls would go to vm if not during working hours.

Or at a min an option to fwd all calls to vm.

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. JBL Headset not compatible with MS Teams

After searching the internet for 2 days, I have realized that my newly purchased JBL headset is not compatible with MS Teams. Do I have to check this compatibility before I buy any accessories to my laptop? It does not make any sense.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

151 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Personalised muting

I want to be able to mute someone in my headphones without muting them for other participants.

If I have a participant in the room with me who is also logged in on their own device as a participant, I hear their voice in real life and then on the call after some lag.

I want to mute them so I don't hear this lag, without muting them to the other participants or muting my headphones.

Essentially I want just a small amount of the kind of control available in Digital Audio Workstations like Logic or Pro-Tools to mix a…

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
    * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. picture-in-picture

make video calls available to be used as small picture-in-picture windows (maybe with each member of the call being draggable) so that the videos can be overlaid onto the screen when working, and resized to be as big or as small as desired.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Green Button to Answer Call

Desktop version.
    Highlight the "answer" button as green. The "don't answer" is red and the others are purple. The eye draws to the red and I always end up cancelling the phone call.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Voicemail forward

Like on an iPhone ..there should be an ability to forward voicemail to other team members.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Call Queue Opt In/Out Based on Status

If my calendar says I'm in a meeting, or if I'm away, etc, Teams changes my status accordingly. This should also change my call queue status.

If my status is Busy, Away, DnD, I should be automatically taken out of any or all of the call queues I'm a part of.

Ideally this should be a per-queue setup option. Along with giving call queue agents the ability to opt in/out, there should also be an option for status-based opt in/out.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz

Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz like the setting that is available in Skype for Business.

We are just starting to use Teams for video calls and the frequency of the lights causes video flicker because this is not configurable.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Busy on Busy as an end user option

Busy on Busy should be made available as an end user option. Best way is to be able to enforce it by policy, deny it by policy or let the user choose for himself by policy.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Play a music on hold after a call agent answered in a call queue

When a call agent accepts the call and holds it, no music is played and it is really quiet during the hold. I would like the call queue feature to play a music on hold.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extension Dialing

Dailing by extension is a behavior that our customers and staff are very accustomed to. I expect most customers who are coming from other phone systems, ie. Nortel, RingCentral, and others are used to providing their extension to outside parties to call in to them rather than a bunch of random DID numbers. The July 2018 roadmap indicates that extension calling is available now (https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf) but this is not the case. At least not for external callers calling into an auto attendant.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to disable auto tracking an video calls

Being tracked automatically is great when using a static webcam. However, when using a camera which has its own auto tracking/framing built in it would be preferable to let the camera solution perform the auto tracking and therefore be able to disable the Teams feature.

Using such a camera currently with Teams means the camera auto tracks a person but often the Teams client then tracks within the camera image - its not a good experience and is unnecessary when you have an adequate camera to provide the tracking. I've seen this issue with Polycom Studio.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Relocatable tool bar during I watching other person screen sharing

Tool bar on the bottom of screen to control camera, mute etc.. This bar sometimes block information on screen.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block a phone number in the teams admin center for the whole organization

I'd like to be able to blacklist or block a phone number from being able to call any phone number in our organization.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please remove the "Your microphone is muted" pop up or allow the user to turn it off in preferences.

Please allow the user to turn off the "Your microphone is muted" pop up. When using a microphone with a hardware mute button, constantly having to close that dialog is completely unnecessary, and it covers up participants' video.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use annotation tools on a PPT in Teams Call

I miss the ability to use Annotation Tools together on a shared PPT in a Microsoft Teams call. Previously we were using Skype for Business and there this was possible. The Whiteboard is not sufficient for this purpose, since there are no text entry options for example.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base