Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow microphone gain to be set by user

During quiet times the app auto gains the call and this cannot be overridden. Under the old desktop Skype you could set the microphone gain to the desired level and turn off AGC. This option should be available

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. JBL Headset not compatible with MS Teams

After searching the internet for 2 days, I have realized that my newly purchased JBL headset is not compatible with MS Teams. Do I have to check this compatibility before I buy any accessories to my laptop? It does not make any sense.

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. picture-in-picture

make video calls available to be used as small picture-in-picture windows (maybe with each member of the call being draggable) so that the videos can be overlaid onto the screen when working, and resized to be as big or as small as desired.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for multiple default local dial-in numbers for PSTN

Currently it's only possible to have one default local number added to an MS Teams meeting invite.

It would be helpful to be able to be able to include multiple default local calling numbers as meeting participants can often span multiple calling areas/cities. Otherwise, the additional number(s) must always be manually added.
    Otherwise, the additional numbers will need to be manually added by the PSG member with a meeting request update after the initial meeting request is sent out.

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Green Button to Answer Call

Desktop version.
    Highlight the "answer" button as green. The "don't answer" is red and the others are purple. The eye draws to the red and I always end up cancelling the phone call.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voicemail forward

Like on an iPhone ..there should be an ability to forward voicemail to other team members.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Call Forwarding for a User From Teams Admin Center

It would be useful to be able to forward a users phone using the Teams Admin Center. Currently, you must use PowerShell to perform this function. The only thing you can do in the Admin center is establish call groups and delegates. You still must sign in as the user to activate the forwarding.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Busy on Busy as an end user option

Busy on Busy should be made available as an end user option. Best way is to be able to enforce it by policy, deny it by policy or let the user choose for himself by policy.

183 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
    * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a prompt to confirm if you want to make a call before the call is transmitted (to avoid accidental calls)

To avoid accidental calls (particularly a nuisance for large groups), it would be good to have a prompt on screen that requires that you confirm that you wish to make the call. It's easy to accidentally hit the call button without realizing you're in the right group chat, or just simply by accidentally clicking the phone /video icon when attempting to access settings.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Play a music on hold after a call agent answered in a call queue

When a call agent accepts the call and holds it, no music is played and it is really quiet during the hold. I would like the call queue feature to play a music on hold.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Call Queues should follow call forward settings

I don't understand why this isn't already the default setting. When a user sets up call forwarding in their client calls that come from a Call Queue should be treated like any other call. It should forward to the number they want to receive the call on.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz

Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz like the setting that is available in Skype for Business.

We are just starting to use Teams for video calls and the frequency of the lights causes video flicker because this is not configurable.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Call Queue Opt In/Out Based on Status

If my calendar says I'm in a meeting, or if I'm away, etc, Teams changes my status accordingly. This should also change my call queue status.

If my status is Busy, Away, DnD, I should be automatically taken out of any or all of the call queues I'm a part of.

Ideally this should be a per-queue setup option. Along with giving call queue agents the ability to opt in/out, there should also be an option for status-based opt in/out.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto Attendant Time Out Options

Addition of an option when setting up an Auto Attendant that automatically diverts to a selected group or user if no options are selected within a certain time scale.

EG.. greeting is - press 1 for sales, 2 for support... or hold for reception... call is then automatically directed when there is no input.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. organize speed dial groups

ABILITY TO ORGAZINE THE SPEED DIAL GROUPS sort

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call transfer to contact's mobile number without having to manually type it in.

Currently in Teams (with a calling plan license) you can click on contacts and then click on the person's mobile number to initiate a call. very quickly.

However, when you are on a call and want to transfer to that contact, it defaults to calling them on the Teams app. Not everyone will have the ability to properly answer a Teams voice call. So if you want to transfer them to their mobile number, you need to manually type it in which is a real pain. Imagine a receptionist having to always transfer calls by typing in their number manually.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Block a phone number in the teams admin center for the whole organization

I'd like to be able to blacklist or block a phone number from being able to call any phone number in our organization.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Teams: New Calling Experiences

Simplify the calling experience with a streamlined view that shows contacts, voicemail and calling history together, making it easier to initiate or return a call with a single click.

This new view is not at all convenient and we just want back the older view which shows Speed dial and history separately. Please consider this and change the view accordingly or atleast provide a way to switch between the different views.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base