Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Caller ID for outgoing Calls

When you call someone using Teams as your Phone system, the caller ID on the receiving end only shows a phone number and location. It should be possible to tag the company name to the number for Caller ID purposes.

377 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forward calls from the auto attendant to an External Number

In a scenario when there are still enough credits on the organization.

It would be great if the auto attendant could have a feature to route/forward messages to an external number like a Phone or an Alternate Office Number.

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show call history for calling queues, including which user answered the call

In the desktop app, at least, show the call history for calling queues of which the user is a member.

If the user is a member of multiple queues, make the list filterable or selectable by calling queue.

The history should also show which user/agent answered a call so the other members of the calling queue can tell what happened, including whether the call was transferred and to whom (but there should be some security around this detail so administrators can configure this for the necessary amount of privacy).

328 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display incoming caller Id when callers dial a call queue

Incoming calls to a call queue should show the caller id of the person calling. It only shows the name of the call queue in Teams.

327 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DTMF Tones do not work when in a call

If i use teams to make an external call (using my skype for business phone number) the DTMF tones are not detected. So if i'm on a call that asks me to enter my PIN or some other input, it does not work

306 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams doesn't recognise new audio devices being plugged in

There is a bug that USB headsets are not recognised if they are plugged in after Teams has started. The list of audio devices doesn't change even once the OS has recognised the headset and it is working, so there is no audio in a call. The only way to get Teams to recognise it and work with it is to quit out and restart the program, then it works fine.

299 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Meeting Record Quality is low

The meeting record quality is worse than the actual realtime video. For screen share video's this can make somethings difficult to read due to the blocky-ness of the recording.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merge Calls

The ability to "Merge calls" was available in Skype for Business. The ability to call one person, put them on hold then call a second person, and then merge the calls together just like it was on Skype for Business.
    Why was this ability removed?

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to announce that the Call Merge feature is included in our Dec 2020 Public Preview pack, and will be available to users who opt into Public Preview.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-call-merge/m-p/1972987

You can learn more about the new Microsoft Teams Public Preview program here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview, and Teams administrators can find documentation to manage which users will see the Public Preview option here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreviewAdmin

10. Ability to share screen simultaneously

Right now users of teams are only able to share screens one at a time and this is not very helpful for situations where multiple users need to share content simultaneously. Just like it is a no-brainer to have two way video on a call, there should be a way for multiple users on a call to share their screens at the same time, it makes conversations flow better and saves time from switching back and forth from one user sharing to another user sharing in situations where both or multiple users need to share content from their screens.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Link audio conferencing to video session via Participant ID

Every other web conferencing solution I've used has had the feature that displays a "Participant ID" on the screen when joining the meeting, which you can then enter via keypad on your phone when you call into the audio conferencing line. This links your audio and video session together so the system knows that you are a single person, instead of two different users.

The feature should be available in both the desktop client and the web client.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Answer a call with a message

In SfB, it was possible to answer a call with a message (the call was denied, but chat window opened).
    I used this functionality quite often. I looking forward for this feature!

so please add a third button to the incoming call dialog, which denies the call, inform the caller that I am selected to answer with a message and open the chat window to the caller.

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. have more than one phone number per contact

I can only input or see one phone number per contact. majority of people have work phone numbers and cell phone numbers.

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a call on behalf of a Call Queue

A call queue agent should be able to make a call on behalf of the call queue they are a member of. The calling line ID should be shown as the number associated with the Call Queue and not the agent's personal number.

Similar functionality existed in Lync and Skype for Business - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/answer-and-make-calls-for-a-response-group-in-lync-2010-d9182de9-32f6-492d-90cd-9bd0c0a390b2#makeacall

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support 4K Webcams

Currently Teams tops out at 1080p resolutions for Webcameras. One thing I have done on a regular basis is use a 4K Webcamera (such as Logitech Brio) and point it at a whiteboard so I can collaborate with remote colleagues in a whiteboarding session.

Other competitor tools (that shall remain nameless), support full 4K resolutions (bandwidth permitting), there is a clear and noticeable difference in the resolution and ability to conduct such whiteboarding sessions in Microsoft Teams.

Love your work team!

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Webcam quality is very low

I have a full HD (1080p) webcam which hasn't the same quality in video call than with Skype for Business. We also have fiber optic Internet connection so it's not the cause of the poor image.

It happened on many different computers so I guess it's an issue from Teams.

Question: can you make the video quality much higher?

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow microphone gain to be set by user

During quiet times the app auto gains the call and this cannot be overridden. Under the old desktop Skype you could set the microphone gain to the desired level and turn off AGC. This option should be available

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow video quality settings to be adjusted downward to conserve bandwidth.

Many meetings do not need the highest resolution video generated by attached cameras, but could operate quite well with lower resolutions. It would be good to have a setting allowing the attendees to select a lower resolution for this reason.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Global Win+F4 keybind for mute/unmute like Skype/Lync

General (any window)
    Use the following keyboard shortcuts no matter which window has the focus.

Press this key or
    keyboard shortcut: Windows logo key+F4
    To do this: Self-mute/unmute audio.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Keyboard-shortcuts-for-Skype-for-Business-74eda765-5631-4fc1-8aad-cc870115347a

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base