Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add JIRA Agile sprint board integration

Add JIRA Agile sprint board integration

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

2. delete option for chats

Microsoft Teams: please include DELETE option for chats. Not everyone wants to have a clutter view. Thank you.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for read only access in OneNote

If a user has read only access, Teams does not allow them to use the OneNote at all. Please allow the OneNote to be used by those with read only access.

By default, the OneNote should open as read only and if someone wants to edit the OneNote, they should be prompted to open the OneNote in edit mode (if they have access).

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to be able to "draw" in Microsoft Word on docs submitted as assignments.

Currently, Microsoft Word integration is available, but with "Draw" functionality disabled. If you edit the sharepoint link with MS Word, you can then add draw annotations (marking), but these cannot be shown in the Teams-based viewer.

This is essential for teachers marking word document submissions. Please enable viewing drawings in the embedded version of Word, and allow teachers to draw (mark, annotate, suggest, etc)

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quick mute/unmute

Add a quick unmute button, by holding it they can able to quick unmute in mobile application it will be useful for quick responces

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. interactive quiz buzzer multiple devices

buzzer for interactive quiz. different ring tones. host asks a question. first to the buzzer wins. Use across multiple participants. I teach >100 in a session.It would allow interactivity. Fun learning.motivational. current apps cup to 32 participants.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reopen polls in Polly

Please allow polly to reopen/extend closed polls

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Launch Acrobat Reader Directly from Teams

Add the ability to open PDF documents directly in Acrobat Reader, similar to the way we have the option to open spreadsheets directly in Excel.

We need full integration of Acrobat Reader, like bookmarks, hyperlinks, annotation, and comments.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate with apple

The teams calendar invite format is not supported in the iOS calendar app. I have to manually add teams meetings to my calendar so they sync across my Apple devices. Please include link for adding meetings to Apple calendar as well as teams

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flag a TEAMS comment/chat/message as something To-Do

Going into To-Do as seeing directly a list for today is awesome.
    With Email flags and Planner tasks showing To-Do is no usable tool and has huge potential to help minimise the over burdening stress or checking and maintaining all these channels and lists.

However what is missing is flagging a message in TEAMS as something you need to do. You can Save a message but that is pretty isolating. send this is To-Do as well.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reply to message box

Reply to message box like on telegram message

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to assign Teams Apps | Setup Policies to Groups and not just individual users

Teams now has the ability to create App Setup Policies, but you have to assign them to each user, when editing in the UI. This is tedious when you have hundreds or thousands of users. Need the ability to apply an app policy to a group. If there is a PowerShell for this already I'm sure we can loop through a group WHERE variable, but we have delegated admin access to help desk users that don't have access to PowerShell.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. INclude Title in RSS Cards

The RSS feed connector doesn't put the title of the connector in the card it generates in the channel. This can result in confusion knowing which RSS feed it came from.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Toggl Integration

Toggl is one of the most widely used time tracking tools for business and personal use. Having Teams integrate with this product would be a huge win!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding Conversation into Microsoft To Do

Some tasks start from conversation, and so I would like to add conversation into my Microsoft To Do. To each conversation, at the right upper corner with Like it, Save it, etc., I want there a button/icon to make it to-do.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS Teams whiteboard support to write Text

MS Teams whiteboard support Text, Can we have Text option to write in MS Teams whiteboard when sharing it. our nature of work required

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send Meeting audio to iOS AppleTV4k during airplay mode

Thanks to the iOS app dev team for the best video quality in the Apple TV 4K airplay mode. Most of the times I do not use laptop for watching meetings now. This is amazing.

I use AppleTV 4K during Teams meetings using Airplay from my iPhoneSE screen to a large screen. Teams iOS app do not allow user to send the meeting ‘voice audio’ to MonitorwithHDMI/TV speakers/Apple TV. I listen meeting audio using my headphones or phone speakers. It would be great if they provide an option to send audio to tv speakers during airplay.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Yammer Connector - Support for External Groups

After watching this:

Microsoft Teams and Yammer: Velocity meets community | BRK2147
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjv5VoSNdXw

I went to add the Yammer Connector to one of our Teams with the goal of wanting to get updates from an External Yammer Group the Team should be following. Unfortunately it was here I learned only internal Yammer groups are supported.

Another use case I thought of is say an organization using Yammer to collaborate with customers -> each customer is an external network. In Microsoft Teams having the customer care team being able to receive notifications/posts etc. from customers in external Yammer groups would be…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add app support in private channels

Please add support for Teams apps in private channels

I see requests for specific apps like planner, forms, etc. but I'm trying to generalize here w/ this request.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate Aeries into Teams

Integrate the Aeries Gradebook with Teams Gradebook platform so the grades will automatically be entered into Aeries from teams.

Schools are looking for this as a major component of their LMS selections for the fall. I like using teams, but not having this integration is a point that is causing Teams to fall behind its competitors. I know OneNote can be used to connect to Aeries but many teachers solely want to use teams without the digital notebook. Please update this feature ASAP!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base