Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CSS Themes

Something that has not often been Microsoft's strong suit is a bit of a killer when it comes to teams:

Please enable custom stylesheets for scripting the user interface layout. I'm unsure what UI engine Teams is built on but having the ability to create themes via CSS stylesheets would be a huge win.

A successful solution would have:

> A class reference for the UI elements on Teams
    > Full CSS3 support
    > Ability to Save/Import/Export and Share themes

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change text size

Given today's high resolution monitors, the text is too small to read. give the user the ability to resize the text so they can actually read it.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team grouping organization

As we migrate all our regions and offices to Teams, we have started to realize that being able to identify Team's purpose adds some level of complexity.

We are proposing to add to the UI a way to create "Groups" and not related Teams under its correspondent group.

Just like we have Favorites, there would be other headings we can give names and move teams underneath of them.

We believe this will avoid confusion, for both experienced users and novice users.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Making panes adjustable

Can we have the functionality to adjust the sizes of the panes?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Promote Checklist Item UI in Planner needs better feedback and Undo

When you click the promote button on a checklist item in Planner, the item disappears with no indication of what happened. I've had users complain that items are being deleted.

The item was properly promoted to its own task, but the UI does not give the user any indication of what happened.

I've tested this on the OWA/Browser version of Planner and the Windows desktop version of Planner.

Perhaps a fading message could be added. Or perhaps the checklist item could be left in the list for a moment, with a message about what happened and undo and dismiss buttons.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split Screens, Multitasking

It could be interesting to review the user interface to allow slit screens for different part of the application.
    For example, having part of the UI displaying the chat window, another part allowing to go into a "channel discussion" while in the main snippet, looking at a document. Anything that could make multitasking easier.
    A little like you are doing for the video conference (when minimized while working on the app), but more at large for all functionalities.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cache recent messages

In a chat or channel, scroll up a few pages - you will see that the messages are temporarily displayed as placeholders until they are fetched from the server.

Now scroll down again. Your most recent messages are also shown as placeholders until fetched from the server, despite representing only a few kilobytes of data, if that.

All messages should be cached locally for a decent amount of time, to increase interactivity. The time and size of the cache should have sensible defaults but be configurable by the user.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upload your own company branding into Teams background effects.

It would be great to be able to upload company branding to the new background effects so users can choose an effect that has their company's branding on and it would be available across the organisation.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Log out & Quit buttons

Guys, whole world (including your apps like Skype or Skype for Business) has Quit/Exit/Close button on the bottom of context menu, with Team I always end up with logging out instead of closing application. Very simple to change, very annoying if not changed.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Color code team/group chat windows so we can easily differentiate

It's very difficult to tell if I'm replying to someone as part of a particular conversation in a group chat or directly to them in a private one. My teammates have the same issue, and it's led to us inadvertantly typing messages in the group chat that we didn't want some team members to see. One possible way to remedy this would be to use different background colors for group chats compared to private ones

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let user reorder tabs

Tabs on the left might be better if the individual user can reorder them to their liking and use

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we have an option to get rid of the Store icon in Teams?

Yeah, I get it, Microsoft wants to sell ****.

In a corporate environment, though, I can't actually buy anything. Nor do I want anything except a collaboration app that isn't a pain **********. So the icon is just more clutter in what I feel is an already-cluttered interface.

(I'm sure there are free apps in the store; I just don't care.)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. share a link to local version of documents (file:///)

It would improve usability for a team on a LAN to be able to use links to local folders. Can this feature be added? I just want to have a clickable link to Windows File Explorer, like you can with html.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Sticky" one liner on top of channels, used for members out of office, latest build numbers, etc

Customizable one liner on top of channels. This will help team members know who's out of office (unavailable) and/or latest build being released. Or, pizza in the conference room :)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: "Copy Join Info" button copies a useless text string instead of the meeting link.

In the Teams desktop application for both OSX and Windows, hitting the "Copy Join Info" button during a meeting copies the string:

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Learn more about Teams

Apparently it is trying to copy the rich text body of the meeting notes, which defaults to a hyperlink with the same text. Instead, it should provide a link to the actual meeting that an outside user can click to join in. Please fix the button.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow more than one inline code in one message

something something darkside; only the first will be displayed as code

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. See more / Always expand conversations

For the love of god, please stop hiding the conversations!

Reading conversations is tedious because it requires multiple times pressing the "See More" button and expanding the "x Replies from.." buttons to actually read what is said.

Scrolling to scan and navigate conversations works great. Lets just scroll and stop hiding things.

At minimum give the user an option to turn off all the collapsing functions (See more, x Replies from) so that everything is shown all the time.

For me this is the absolute #1 reason why I would dump Teams for Slack.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Channel, with user group > Sub-channels, sub-user group

As a user, I want to select a set of people from the primary channel and provide only them access rights into the sub-channel.

Context
    I have Company X and I create a channel X. Under this company I could have Divisions e.g. Management, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.

Those divisions are categorized as sub-channels. Sub-channels
    are the divisions of the same company. For instance, when the sub-channel is defined as Sales, there could be 31/500 Account Managers from the full user group defined in the primary channel (Company X). Because specific topics and knowledge can sometimes be dedicated to…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base