Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the new icons consistent with the rest of office!

Hey Teams team,

you know the love for your product is undying, but can you do us pedantic bunch a favour and make the icon a consistent size with the rest of Office? See the attached (look at the T compared with the other Office icons).

Same applies for the Android app too.

Cheers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The UI is unusable

The window is inflexibly massive. The side panels look klunky and consume huge amounts of space when expanded, which can't be changed. The "content" area is similarly inflexibly laid out with added panels on some things that render the entire thing unusable without making the window even more gargantuan than it already is. If I want something to waste and entire monitor on this may be usable. I don't. Every single thing about the interface is clearly designed for someone who uses their computer like it's a phone. Stop cramming phone metrics down everyone's throat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. kill it with fire

let us choose... it's useless. nobody knows how it works. and where the %&/¤ is one window per chat????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recent downloads page

I would like to have a "Downloads" page similar to common browsers. I am not aware of where my Downloads end up after it have been downloaded, there is no easy list of the recent downloads from teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Join Teams Meeting" page should have "Use Teams" and "Use Web" as the buttons, with a download link underneath

Change the three click options so that the two buttons are "Join on the App" and "Join on the Web" with a download link underneath.

It is currently "Download" and "Join on the web" with the "Join using Teams" as a link underneath. This doesn't seem consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Messages organization and mail spam

The feed looks absolutely clumsy. There's good reason no apps for group chat have a common feed. Everything looks too messed up. I also get an email for every channel mention and it's very annoying and a lot of spam. Nobody wants to see chat in their mail, that's what mailing groups are meant for. I've tried turning it off with no success so now I just report them spam. Channels have sub channels and it all looks too disorganised. It gets hard to navigate about who posted where in what sub channel. All in all it's a very complex…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select all text or more than one page of text in a chat and or print chat

Within Chat, there appears to be no way to select all of the text to copy to the clipboard, nor print the chat to PDF or printer. There is also no way to select more than about one screen of text at a time, because of the way Teams only keeps a small part of the chat in memory and when scrolling up while selecting it will reset the selection when it loads more of the content from the server. So in order to copy text spanning more than one page out of a chat I have to do it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Should remember the login

Teams keeps asking for a login (why?) and on each occasion it requires me to enter my email and password, as well as asking for an SMS code.

Teams should not require a login, I'm logging in from a domain-joined account. Have you forgotten what Kerberos is?

At the very least, teams should allow me to save the email and password as Skype for Business does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a host, I want to resize the screen portion of a camera feed

By default, Teams will split the screen so all the camera feeds share "equally" the display area. This is a big inconvenient for many different situations. This lack of flexibility is getting more than annoying now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Simpler app UI and organization

Theres a lot going on, and I've used other apps like Slack, groupme, WhatsApp etc.. for chat purposes and they're much simpler and easier to use on mobile. Specifically the threading of conversations, organization of options on the landing screen, and the simplification of tabs and options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add REMOVE to rightClick menu on names/people in Recent/Suggested

When first opening Teams, the Recent tab is open and under Suggested is a long list of people, many of them I have not communicated with for a long time.
    It's annoying that names cannot be removed from the list.

Please add REMOVE to the context menu of these list items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. editing a message should not resize the message

When selecting the "edit" action for a chat message, the edit control is narrower than when the message is displayed normally. That means the text moves, and you have to re-find the correct place to make the edit.

A minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improvement to RSS Connector - Add Title and Article Dates

The RSS feed could use some extra metadata so it's clear what's new and what isn't.

Part of the problem I'm having is that the feed picks up the same articles repeatedly, so it's hard to tell when something new was actually posted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide the darn sidebar....

Don't you just love it when you're in Teams and someone shares their desktop and control with you, but the Teams sidebar reappears every time you move your mouse to the left... Want to click on the start button, nope, can't do that.... Teams gets in the way.

Take this stupid side bar / navigation bar / whatever you want to call it and get it out of the way when sharing a desktop / remote control. How about allowing us to unpin it and move it somewhere else... Or turn it off, or how about just fixing Teams so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Uploading Files

Whenever I upload a file that takes some time, I often leave the chat that I am uploading the file to. It would be nice to have some sort of notification/setting that when the file is uploaded it notifies you. OR it just automatically sends when the upload is complete. Too often, I forget about the file I was sending until later in the day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it more intuitive...you know, Slack-like

I know you won’t like this but I don’t want to articulate every single UI/UC choice Slack made to give you concrete recommendations. I love using Slack and it’s intuitive, I don’t love using Teams and it’s not intuitive. So just go copy them in that aspect.

Oscar Wilde: “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

So just to flatter them by imitating this piece (UI/UX) then go crush them with other things.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. spell check

Turn spell checking off by default please. Or at least allow to turn it off easily. Those **** red squiggles are annoying, for I often write in multiple languages at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove red dot from calls icon

The red dot on the calls icon makes you think as if there's something important to be aware of. This is irritating each time you open Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move the message option control out of the message

Move the message option control out of the message. It prevent user from copying the last part of the message if the message is short (which is covered by ).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base