Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display of the meeting toolbar (share screen, participants, chat menu)

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    会議のツールバー (画面共有や参加者、会話のメニュー) の表示について
    Display of the meeting toolbar (share screen, participants, chat menu)

■Description(内容):
    会議のツールバー (画面共有や参加者、会話のメニュー) は ”新しい会議エクスペリエンス” がオンの時右上に表示されますが、オフの時は中央に表示されます。
    上述の設定は Microsoft Teams アカウントを持たず匿名として参加するユーザーは設定を変更することができません。
    その場合、画面中央に会議のツールバー (画面共有や参加者、会話のメニュー) が表示されます。
    ユーザーとしては共有時に中央にあると、共有された画面がみづらい、誤って押してしまうことがあるため、右上に表示できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

The meeting toolbar (with the screen sharing and chat functions and the list of attendees) is shown in the top right when the “New meeting experience” is enabled, and in the middle when it is disabled.
    Users participating anonymously who do not have their own Teams accounts cannot change the setting for the above.
    In this case, the toolbar is shown in the center of the screen.
    From a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow setting text display size

Allow users to CHANGE the default DISPLAY font size. The incredible amount of WASTED GUI space makes the fact that the only way to increase the displayed text size is to zoom the ENTIRE App footprint is a double down on bad. While we're at it allow users to COLLAPSE the sidebar and the Chat list -

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make the size of the pane that shows contacts or feed or teams etc... resizable

We should be able to reduce the size of the pane where chats are located so teams can be in a small windows and the whole chat conversation can be viewed and the list of contacts you're talking to can be reduced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Low quality profile image

On a high-resolution display, the profile image appears to be low quality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. UI: Make Teams Chat as good as (better?) than Slack Chat

I am running 3 organizations -- all 3 on teams except for chat ...:-(
    Teams-chat iUI s so clunky compared to Slack Chat.
    Can you try to do the following:
    Left bar:
    1) Implement channels: let me have a selection of pinned channels at the top of my list of chats
    2) Implement DM: let me have a set
    3) Below that have all other team-chats that are largely meeting-driven - I suspect for most people. Collapse by default. On top of that I have multiple chats with the same person just based on meetings organized -- that shouldn't even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Implement an 'auto smile' feature

I think i will need a video-filter that puts an smile on everyone's face.
    This would be perfect. Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow companies to adjust the visuals in Teams to align with their brand.

I work for Centric Consulting and some of my work entails helping organizations migrate from the office to working remote. Part of the struggle I'm seeing is companies want their employees stay connected to the organization -- to the brand. It's been a serious issue in several of the major companies I've consulted with.

Allowing them to visually "brand" the Teams environment helps companies link employees back to the organization and should help with Teams adoption from an OCM perspective. I.e., employees feel that this is part of their company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add color highlights to the list of teams/channels when unread posts exist.

In addition to being boldface when a channel has unread items, allow the user the specify a highlight color to apply to that channel such that is stands out more. Right now the boldface alone isn't distinct enough and items might be missed, or the user needs to manually click through all channels just to make sure they did not miss anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save call video & audio preferences and skip prompt

Would it be possible for Teams to remember my preference for conference calls?

The new prompt for activating camera or not, and sounds settings is powerfull, but doesn't offer a smooth and simple experience when you attend many calls a day. Saving preferences could save having this hurdle to calls. Yes it's only 2 to 4 clicks, but that's for every call...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow to choose where pop up message are shown

Allow to choose where pop up messages are shown. Currently the only position they are shown is on bottom right corner, but I think it could be a good idea to choose where to show those messages, for example on top right corner (or any other).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Confusing Teams UI causes people to frequently post to the wrong channels

The current Teams UI layout is (IMHO) sloppy and confusing and has a fundamentally negative impact on productivity due to frequently occurring mis-posts. The primary problem I've observed is that people often post to the wrong individual, group, or channel. Given the frequency in which this occurs, it seems clear to me that there are some fundamental design issues regarding the Teams UI that urgently need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move team member video images to TOP of screen (above shared screens)

Currently the video images for other people in a meeting appears at the bottom of the screen when someone is sharing a screen. Most webcams are at the top of the monitor, and therefore the video images tend to mostly show the top of the people's heads as they look down at the meeting participant video images.

Ideally, the individual user should be able to place the video images of the meeting participants at the top of the screen (above the shared screen) if desired.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Camera preview window shall never obscure other participant's video

In the new Teams experience (meeting opened in a separate window), when there are up to 9 participants and all participants are using video, my own camera preview is presented over the video of the participant who happens to be in the lower right corner.

I think this shall never be happening that one person's view is obscured by my own video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disply video tiles at top of screen when presenting

Disply video tiles at top of screen rather than the bottom when something is being presented. Therefore you can look into your video camera (typically at the top of your monitor) and also see the video tiles of participants. Because tiles are currently on the bottom of the screen you have to switch your gaze up and down (and typically move your head) up and down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. move the video of participants to the top during screen sharing

Most cameras are at the top of people's monitors or computers and so moving the videos of participants to the top of the screen would make it easier to see and also make you look like you are looking at the camera more rather than looking downward during screen sharing. Currently the videos of participants drop to the bottom during screen sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Same design for 1:1 and group chat buttons

Currently design of buttons differ in 1:1 and group chat. It would be much more intuitive to have all buttons of the same design

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat and Participant list on the right side of the window

Having the Chat window and the Participant list stacked on top of each other on the right hand side of the window. See attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hold button not ideally located in calls

The hold and transfer options are not ideally located in when in a Teams call. When on a call you have to click the three dots, then you see the options to put on hold and transfer. It would be good if these options were pinned to top of the screen when on a call.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "waiting for reply" list

When I am waiting for reply/reaction I am marking chat as unread to know, that I am missing some response. Unreaded messages are my workaround TODO but its getting messy when combining with other new messages.

Wanted feature: mark thread/chat as "waiting for reply" and see all these unresponded chats in one list. After reading message i can remove "waiting for reply" flag and remove from list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base