Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow view of Dual/Multiple tabs view within a chat

The basic use-case is to have 2 tabs:
    1. Chat
    2. Status Summary (which is being maintained in some free text app, such as OneNote or wiki)

While the chat is full of remarks and ideas - one needs to read the whole thread to be aligned, and still, the latest status is not clear often.

Working with both of these - will ease our life significantly

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For the love of God, get rid of "This file already exists" dialog

This, right here, is potentially the most disastrous feature that has ever existed in a modern enterprise chat application:

This file already exists:

some-default-file-name.pdf

A file with this name already exists in this folder.
    What would you like to do?

/Cancel/ /Keep both/ /Replace/

I mean think about it, every time I save an outlook email on chrome as a pdf, it downloads with the exact same filename (unless there is a duplicate). So lets say two years ago, I uploaded a trivial email saved as "Mail - LAST, FIRST (MY_COMPANY).pdf" to a work colleague, and now I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the microphone button back to bottom center of Meetings window

The new Teams Meetings UI places the Video, Microphone, and Share controls in the upper-right of the screen. This area is covered by system notifications on Mac. This means that we have to dismiss the notifications in order to mute or unmute in a meeting.

The meeting controls should be moved back to the bottom center of the meeting screen as per the original design and other meeting tool paradigms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Badge display in a new org's switching UI

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    新しい組織の切り替え UI のバッジ表示について
    Badge display in a new org's switching UI

■Description(内容):
    ​​現在、別の組織に参加している場合、新着情報があった場合は組織名の横にバッジが表示されますが、新しい組織の切り替えの UI では新着情報があってもバッジが表示されず不便なため、新しい組織の切り替えの UI でも新着情報のバッジが表示される機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, a participant in another org can see a badge displayed next to their org name when they get a new info. But this badge does not appear in a new org's switching UI. This is inconvenient so please fix it so that this shows in a new org's switching UI as well.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. تغيير صورة العرض للطالبات اخفاء الايميل و الرقم حسب الرغبة

امكانية تغيير صورة العرض اخفاء الاميل حسب الرغبة

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow custome script on Teams

Allow custome script on Teams
    It is abele to use custome script on Sharepoint Online.
    We need to custom fanctions of teams.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fullscreen for Desktop Sharing (without not necessary black borders)

Currently it's only possible to share screen with borders. This limits the visible area and resizes which makes support of a colleague harder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move Up Button for Teams

It would be nice to have a move up button on the ellipses menu for teams to easily sort. The drag and drop functionality doesn't work well for all users and this would allow users the ability to easily control their list of teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Group Teams with Similar Functions

It would be nice to be able to group teams by functions, if they are department teams or project teams or if all teams are a subset of a certain function. For example, we might have multiple legal teams with different needs for current legal holds and it would be nice to be able to put them under a grouping that we can expand/collapse to have better control over the list of never-ending teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Voice dictation and channel transposition.

1. Add voice dictation as in Outlook and Word. That simple.

2. Allow channels to be moved from one Project Team to another. We find that channels evolve in unexpected directions and/or new teams are created where channels should more appropriately reside relative to the project subject matter. This modification is essential!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move Gallery to top of app when user is screen sharing as most camera are on top of screens.

Since most screen cameras are on top of screens, having the gallery on top allows users to be looking more directly at others, especially on big screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Layout of Teams homepage

It would be great to be able to decrease/increase the left pane of Teams so that when you use NoteBook etc you can fully see the page/s.

Attached picture explains...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Speaking circle not concentric

When someone is talking who doesn't have his camera turned on. A blue circle appears around his initials. However this blue circle isn't concentric with the initial circle. This appears mainly due to one circle having an even radius while the other has an uneven radius.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the layout of "File close button" and "Start meeting button"

Hi, I want to suggest to change the layout of 2 buttons, "Close file button" and "Start (video) meeting button". Because when I close a file, I sometimes click "Start meeting button" because they are completely on the same position before/after closing a file. It happens not only to me but also to my coworkers.
    Therefore, I would like to suggest to change their layout, or to add a customizable setting to indicate a confirmation dialog before actually start meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Incorporate more options to structure shared files.

See the size of a file that was shared via Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. migrate OLM to Gmail Import

I like to suggest you to use OLM to Gmail converter tool to successfully migrate OLM to Gmail Import. This software directly migrate OLM to Gmail, G Suite, Google Drive and etc. This application maintains meta properties of email such as to, bcc, cc, subject, date, time, and etc. This software supports all the latest versions of Windows such as 10, 8, 7, 2000, XP, Vista and etc.https://www.kdetools.com/olm/gmail/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase/resize/relocate view of my webcam feed or pin it elsewhere at adjustable size

Currently one's own webcam feed size is so small in the corner that it is pretty useless other than as a reminder that you're on video. I can't tell what is visible during a call. Chat notification pop-ups block even that small feed of my cam so it is completely out of view at points. There are many reasons to be able to clearly see your own feed. Other meeting platforms recognize this and allow for users to be able to resize or include their own feed in the same area as the feeds from other users on the call,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "view calendar" button to the "hover popup" for people

When you hover over someone, there is a popup that has buttons to chat, email, view organization, video call, audio call.

I would really like one more button: "View availability". It would show their calendar so I can get a sense of when they will be free (and, optionally, let me schedule a meeting with them from there.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a feature that shows visually there is noise coming from you

When someone is talking, there is a visual indication that they are speaking. It would be great to show something similar when a user is speaking. This will help to show people they are on mute, but also if they are not on mute and have ambient sounds affecting the call (ie. typing, background noise that is interrupting the meeting).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display of the meeting toolbar (share screen, participants, chat menu)

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    会議のツールバー (画面共有や参加者、会話のメニュー) の表示について
    Display of the meeting toolbar (share screen, participants, chat menu)

■Description(内容):
    会議のツールバー (画面共有や参加者、会話のメニュー) は ”新しい会議エクスペリエンス” がオンの時右上に表示されますが、オフの時は中央に表示されます。
    上述の設定は Microsoft Teams アカウントを持たず匿名として参加するユーザーは設定を変更することができません。
    その場合、画面中央に会議のツールバー (画面共有や参加者、会話のメニュー) が表示されます。
    ユーザーとしては共有時に中央にあると、共有された画面がみづらい、誤って押してしまうことがあるため、右上に表示できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

The meeting toolbar (with the screen sharing and chat functions and the list of attendees) is shown in the top right when the “New meeting experience” is enabled, and in the middle when it is disabled.
    Users participating anonymously who do not have their own Teams accounts cannot change the setting for the above.
    In this case, the toolbar is shown in the center of the screen.
    From a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base