Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move 'Focus' and 'Full Screen' buttons to the toolbar

The 3 buttons I use ALL the time in Teams sessions are the 'Share', 'View > Focus' and the "View > Full screen" buttons. The two latter are only available through the 3 dots menu, which is pretty annoying to use.
    Please move the "Focus" and "Full screen" buttons from the '...' menu to the buttons toolbar itself (where the 'Share screen' button is).
    Even BETTER : allow the user to chose/move the position of every button in the '...' menu and on the toolbar" and between both. Thanks !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Accounts and Orgs" Grouped by Accounts and list Orgs

I find that changing accounts on the mobile app isn´t quick and easy for me as I have multiple accounts in multiple tenants and also with guest access sometimes.

Reading through the list to select the right account becomes tedious and I think it would be quicker if the list was Grouped on Accounts followed by a list the Orgs where that account can be used.

This would then be just as the heading "Accounts and Orgs" suggest, instead of as it now displays a list of Orgs and Accounts.

I wonder if this UX could be revised?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I am sharing video also show when i am transmitting voice

When i am not using my video i can see when my mic is transmitting and i think it would be useful to also be able to see that when I am also using video

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Assignments have an Icon

In iOS app at the bottom all other tabs have an icon EXCEPT assignments which looks odd.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make Teams respect the regional settings in windows (date, time, ...)

Teams is using a different date format than what I have defined in my Region settings. This is confusing and that is not correct in my opinion. Please see attached screenshot where I have Teams and Region settings side by side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm using MS teams for MS teams

I'm using MS teams for Android and Windows. And I felt that User interfaces on Android ver are not convinient. This is just amateur opinion, it is necessary to upgrade and make it control more intuitively

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add gallery view option in browser mode

The browser version of teams should have the option for a gallery view where we can see all meeting members in one screen, as opposed to just the speaker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DOWNLOAD MANAGER WITH PROGRESS BAR

DOWNLOAD MANAGER WITH PROGRESS BAR

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. chat tab

Please put Chat/contacts option side by side instead of dropdown selection on the chat screen, it woul be more efficient to change between these options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. User card option to view calendar availability

When hovering over a user icon, an info card appears. There are options to chat, call, among others. It would be quite helpful if there was another option or a small text summary that noted that persons availability for the current calendar day. Availability being defined as time slots on their calendar with no appointment or meeting currently scheduled. The mobile Outlook application contains a similar capability where you can "Send Availability" and time slots are sent to a recipient to schedule meetings. This capability does not need all of that functionality, but simply a text description noting the available…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide more options for configuring meetings on multiple screens

When someone is sharing their content in a teams meeting the attendees video screen shrink down to thumbnail size across the bottom of the screen. There is not currently any way to separate these into two different screens. I would like to be able to have the content being shared on one monitor (fullscreen) and then have the gallery view of the attendees on another screen (full size). This way can see both the content in a full screen and still see the attendees for visual cues, reactions, etc. Currently this is the biggest drawback I have with teams and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Admit Guest" button on participants menu - make it easier to hit/miss

On the Windows client when someone is waiting in the lobby they appear at the top of the participants list (if it's open) so they can be easily seen and the popup does not appear. When the meeting options are set that many people can admit guests (as is default in our organisation) it can cause a "race" where lots of users try and admit a guest at the same time.

Once admitted or rejected the persons name disappears from the top of the list instantly and the rest of the participants ("In this meeting") move back up to fill…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate Skype design

For example:
    - show, who has read a message
    - big text boxes
    - more colors in teams
    - more animations
    - greater representation of chats, people, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. presentor to see raised hand

It would be really helpfull for the presentor to see if there are raised hand directly on the "shared screen"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. channels and chats in same context

Can we have Chats and Channels in the same context so I don't have to keep switching contexts?

Usually when I want to check updates on chat vs channels I need to keep continuously switching which is very cumbersome

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. whiteboard popup

I KNOW THAT THE WHITEBOARD IS IN READ ONLY MODE STOP SHOWING THAT POPUP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Button to Collapse Left Navigation

Left-Hand Navigation collapses automatically when
    -Zooming-In
    -Reducing Size of Window

Nevertheless, it cannot be triggered on demand.

Meeting Notes/channels/Chats are sometimes too large and are easier to read without the left-hand navigation.

When not required, the left-hand navigation is only pollution and distracting for the eye.

Please allow us to collapse it on Demand. "collapsible" function already exists, you "just" have to give access to user to do it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. move curser to text field automatically

I think this is common in many areas, but for an example:
    When adding a contact to a favorite or group or speed dial, the curser should automatically go to the box to type the contact's name. It is annoying to click add to group, and instead of being able to type, you have to click on the text box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. indicator of active microphone

i would love to see an indication that my microphone is picking up audio. When I see someone else, their icon lights up with the purple ring that they are talking, but I do not see that for mine. Having myself light up or maybe the Mute/Unmute icon glow would be great to know if my mic is picking up my voice (or background noise.) Google Meet has a feature like this with some small bars that animate when you are talking, so you know that at least the app is registering your audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If I click the X to close a link preview in the text entry field, I should not have to click to set the focus in the text entry field...

If I click the X to close a link preview in the text entry field, I should not have to click to set the focus in the text entry field in order to continue typing.

There are actually many places where Teams makes me do this where I shouldnt have to like any time I refocus the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base