Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ctrl+Tab Support

Would be nice to be able to ctrl+tab through chat sessions.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Team Chats sortable by activity

As someone who is on way too many team chats, I find it difficult to keep up since some are always scrolled off the bottom of the screen. While part of the problem is the overall screen wasting design (yes, I upvoted the compact layout idea), there should be a way for different sorting, such as floating to the top by recent activity. Personally I like to keep my chat window as small as possible to leave room for actual work, so every bit helps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Smaller font in chat window

Please can we optionally set a smaller - preferably desktop - font? The primary purpose of the computer is WORK, not chat!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Github integration ui improvements

The cards that display Github information such as new comments are very big/verbose and don't focus on what's important. For example when posting a new comment on a pull request, I don't see the comment unless I clock "see more". Instead I see a very big image of the committer and other info I don't care so much about. Please focus on what's important and don't use up too much space.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Build a time-machine and buy Slack. MS teams is terrible

From crashes to rouge notifications to overly complex design patterns.

It'll be easier to build a time machine, go buy Slack when you could and forgot about building this terrible application.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Promote Checklist Item UI in Planner needs better feedback and Undo

When you click the promote button on a checklist item in Planner, the item disappears with no indication of what happened. I've had users complain that items are being deleted.

The item was properly promoted to its own task, but the UI does not give the user any indication of what happened.

I've tested this on the OWA/Browser version of Planner and the Windows desktop version of Planner.

Perhaps a fading message could be added. Or perhaps the checklist item could be left in the list for a moment, with a message about what happened and undo and dismiss buttons.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. remove images on Teams page

Would like the ability to hide the large images on the Teams page directly above the Add Members, Create Channels, and Open Channels.

They take up a lot of space and require people to scroll down to see what's happened.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better separation and organization of conversations within a channel

Not sure how to do this but I would like to see better separation and organization of conversations within a Channel. I think it's hard to find a specific conversation within a channel.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter conversations

Could it be possible to add a filter menu with criterias aligned on the differents message's tags please?

So it would be possible to only display a combinaison of "Important" and/or "@" and/or "Channel mentioned" and/or etc. tagged messages.

Thx!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Closing the app should be faster.

When you try to close the app, there is a perceived delay (500ms-1s or more). There should be nothing more than 100-200ms.

Minimize works fast, so maybe minimize (first) in the background, then close would work?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Resizing problems with multiple monitors on startup of Teams each day

Description:
    If you have three or more monitors that are full HD 1920x1080 or larger, and you have teams full screen on one of the secondary monitors that isn't primary, it will show up as half off the screen and you can't reach the top bar to resize or move the screen on the next startups.
    To resolve you must unplug the monitor that teams shows on, then you can see the teams top bar to resize, minimize or move.

Version: Latest released stable build, and also the latest 9/27/2017 beta.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Your app is ****

You released a messaging app without integration with notification systems. You fixing these "ideas" on the go, and these are not "ideas", but bugs.

You think testing your software is a customers job?
    You're wrong.

No TypeScript in the app? Why? Cause it's , again.
    No platform dependent UI/UX? No integration? Cause it's

Just a huge pile of useless addons like notes, documents viewer etc. First thing you're required to implement is desktop notification center integration, then put your ****** software addons.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Follow up task list

As Team will be as a intelligence collaboration hub in the near future. From the user point of view, we can communicate via Team, but not just chat and discuss and some tasks need to be follow up. If Team can add a Task button on left side just under Files, once flag the conversation, then it will go to the Task and user above to have a overview on what need to be follow up. Also, able to have a action, forward it via email, etc. Since some task need to be follow up with external party via email.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. All I see is colored rectangles

The text message is the least noticeable thing on the screen.

My eyes are distracted and confused by the colored rectangles. Can we just get rid of all of them?

Point is, the UI is inefficient, unappealing, and makes it challenging to pick out the important information from all the noise. It's a mental slog to use Teams.

We've got our company on Skype for Biz, and with its pending demise we'll have to make a decision on Teams, and right now the answer is no.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make file links from teams/sharepoint a tiny URL with preview.

When attaching a link to a file withing the team, add a link either with a preview or less of an eyesore. This is just for better usability.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. reply bar

The reply bar is taking some valuable screen realstate and looks ugly repeating itself for every message. Instead add it to the like section of the message. Attached is issue and solution rough illustration.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. font issues when using teams within an RDP session

Font does not look good in RDP session for desktop app. The font looks ok using Teams in a browser, but looks off in desktop app. At times faded or not sharp depending on if it's a conversation tab or a PowerBI tab. One Note tabs don't look as bad, but still off. In attached conversation photo, Desktop App is on left and Teams viewed in browser is on the right.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. deleted conversation items need to be hideable

I have 3 deleted conversation items which take up most of the page but cannot be "squashed" or hidden - this is another example of wasted space!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to put my preferred items as first tab for a channel

I want to put (for example) Visual Studio Features as the first tab for a channel, so Teams "lands" on that tab by default. At present they can only be placed after the "fixed" tabs (conversation and files).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The flyout menu gives me the *****.

No animation... and covers content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)