Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add filters to tasks

Task does not have filter options when accesed through the teams app. Basic filtering by assignation, past due dates and advnce would be quite useful

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. team description in app and email

When you start a new team and try to be descriptive about its purpose, most of that gets cut off in the message that goes out. The message truncates after line 3 with an ellipsis. Same thing with the team description in the client. You can only read the full description in the tool tip after selecting the 'More options' ellipsis and then 'Manage team'. The tip itself does not stay within the context of the app, and overlaps into the full viewable area of the monitor.
    This relates to a longer list posted in [this item](https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18556948-editable-teams-and-channels-header)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team tabbed interface is klunky and out-dated

Tabbed navigation is old fashioned and non-intuitive. Users expect a widget / customizable landing page with tiles for the apps that are now being displayed in tabs. Like a sharepoint site where web-parts can be placed on a single interface. Also there is lot of vertical space wasted by the list of Teams which should be expandable/collapsible

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have a "Recent" tab alongside "Favourites" in the Teams/Channel list

The favourites list of Teams/Channels is manually curated and can get big, quickly. Often, though you are moving between a small number of channels. Having a "Recent" section at the top that dynamically showed the 5 or so most used channels would be really useful

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Consolidate Sharepoint into Teams and remove link

Move more sharepoint functions into Teams and remove the "Open in Sharepoint" link. It's confusing and not efficient to have to open Sharepoint for some functions, mainly syncing a directory via OneDrive.

Also improved file management, can't move folders to other projects within Teams, but can move files.

Also when you share a link to a file within teams you have to choose either a sharepoint or teams link, need to just have one option.

I think you're getting there, but essentially I just want to have our company use Teams as it's headquarters for all communication and filesharing. But…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't return user to Conversation Tab when selecting different Channels

I'm looking for a file and I think it's in a particular channel. I have the channel selected and I've clicked the files tab. If the file isn't there, I'll click another channel name, but the display changes to the conversation tab for this second channel, requiring me to click the Files tab again. It's a second click that I don't want to have to make. If I then want to look in a third channel, it can get very tedious very quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Inherit theme colors from Windows 10 accent colors

The application should support inheriting the accent colors that Windows 10 applies to the Start Menu and other Windows widgets, including the automatic accent colors.

It should also inherit light/dark theme from the Windows 10 app mode setting.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Right Click to Save Images

I spent way too long trying to figure out how to right click and save an image (like you do almost everywhere else on every operating system in almost every other app) in the shadowboxed view before I realized you have to "Download" the image via the arrow icon at the top of the window first. Why isn't "Save Image" a context menu option? Or "Download Image"? Or you could even make the existing "Copy Image" work system wide so I can just paste to my desktop like I tried to do a few times.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to show Channels AND chat stacked in left sidebar.

It would be great if there was an option to have both the channels AND the chat stacked on the left sidebar (re: slack). I'm a member of about 15 channels and need to see the discussions of the team (even though i'm not tagged). But, it always happens, that I'll reply to a chat message and then move off to another program....thus not seeing the BOLD channel discussion. It would be great to keep one screen active and not have to constantly flip between channels and chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ability to toggle windows

When doing a presentation and utilizing Teams for your presentation and other documentation is difficult to do. Currently yopu have to open everything ahead of time to present. It would be nice if you can toggle various Teams windows to access various documents in various channels.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a Scrum Poker Tool directly into the chat

It would be great if we could have a simple interface where one can post a story or task that needs estimation, and we could select cards, and those cards could be revealed by the original poster as a voting mechanism based off of planning poker, but could be really used to rank or rate anything. This should be as easy to access as an icon in the message bar.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A splash screen for use when you are not actively using teams.

I find that I often have teams on my screen when I am not using it. This forces me to have either a past conversation open or content from a random channel displayed on my screen. It would be nice if there was a splash screen that could show useful information and could quickly show notifications as messages come in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Short Links - like OneNote links

Copying links to locations in OneNote and pasting into other places creates a short HTML link in a format "Location (Web View)". Something similar in Teams would be brilliant. Pasting links to places or documents in Teams (even within the Teams environment) results in gargantuan strings like:

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/files/abcde?threadId=19%3A5284adh639fm85844c01ad0e633c0e7f272b%40thread.skype&messageId=1507595897215&ctx=channel&context=New%2520Phase%252F01%2520Client%2520Issued%2520Documents%252FCore%2520Dialogue%2520Documents

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Complete Overhaul

1. Don't try to have a touchscreen UI on desktop. Make right clicks do something useful in every situation. There are two types of touch in IPhone for some time now, so maybe don't live in the touchscreen past in a desktop interface...

2. Don't copy IPhone ultra minimal design style. I have no border for the Teams window, I don't know where it ends and the window under it starts because there is no border. Horrible. IPhone UI design is now so bad that only past experience from when it used to be good allows people to know how to use…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Go to next unread message

possibility to click a button to go to the next unread message accross all teams. the same concept as in one note

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen crop on iPad

When viewing a screen shared from other party, sometimes the screen is cropped from sides if the screen aspect ratio is not the same as the iPad

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. there is so much blank space in each frame. there is also no obvious way to search within channels.

please steal from Asana or Slack... it just looks like a worse Yammer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need a Whiteboard that I can free copy and paste pictures and tables (like how Atlasssian works)

Need a Whiteboard that I can free copy and paste pictures and tables (like how Atlasssian works)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Threaded replies

I understand why you tried to improve upon slack with threaded replies to a single comment. However, in the mobile app you can lose replies in the main thread as it hides everything but the last one. You have to drill into them to see the content. Implement an AI component to associate comments some how, but be careful scurrying things away in a child reply thread. To grow adoption this needs to be simple and functional. If yammer is staying alive, which it is supposedly... leave that for the social side. The is hyperfast work collab chatter, not threaded…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base