Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload/change background images in the app without having to be on a video call.

Allow users to upload/add/change background images without having to be on a video call in the app. Currently, the only way to update your background in the app is while you are on an actual video call. Otherwise you have to go through a ridiculous number of steps to save it so you can access the image in teams. Also, I want to try out background images before selecting them for a meeting. Sometimes the image resolution is not great or my head blends in with the background too much, but I cannot tell that until I am actively using…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI: Make Teams Chat as good as (better?) than Slack Chat

I am running 3 organizations -- all 3 on teams except for chat ...:-(
    Teams-chat iUI s so clunky compared to Slack Chat.
    Can you try to do the following:
    Left bar:
    1) Implement channels: let me have a selection of pinned channels at the top of my list of chats
    2) Implement DM: let me have a set
    3) Below that have all other team-chats that are largely meeting-driven - I suspect for most people. Collapse by default. On top of that I have multiple chats with the same person just based on meetings organized -- that shouldn't even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow to choose where pop up message are shown

Allow to choose where pop up messages are shown. Currently the only position they are shown is on bottom right corner, but I think it could be a good idea to choose where to show those messages, for example on top right corner (or any other).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move team member video images to TOP of screen (above shared screens)

Currently the video images for other people in a meeting appears at the bottom of the screen when someone is sharing a screen. Most webcams are at the top of the monitor, and therefore the video images tend to mostly show the top of the people's heads as they look down at the meeting participant video images.

Ideally, the individual user should be able to place the video images of the meeting participants at the top of the screen (above the shared screen) if desired.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Visible microphone volume/input meter

It would be great if there was a visible microphone input meter, similar to what you see in Windows microphone settings: a little line that goes up and down.

Currently we can see an indicator of when other people are talking (the circle around their photo) but not for ourselves.

I'm not really concerned about how loud my voice is to other people (I know Teams is very good at auto-adjusting these days) but I'm curious how loud other noises are. For example, I know Teams tries to filter out keyboard noises, but I don't know how much gets through…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show video miniatures at the top instead of bottom

Current situation:
    When in a video meeting with multiple participants, Teams shows the person who is speaking in large, and small video feeds of those who are not speaking in a row at the bottom.

Problem:
    It is natural human behaviour to look at someone when you speak to them, so you would probably look at their miniature video at the bottom of your screen.
    To the other person, this looks like you are looking at your keyboard. For them, it would feel natural if you "look them in the eyes" when talking to them. But that means you have…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. get the user report of Teams by hours

need Teams usage report by hours

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "waiting for reply" list

When I am waiting for reply/reaction I am marking chat as unread to know, that I am missing some response. Unreaded messages are my workaround TODO but its getting messy when combining with other new messages.

Wanted feature: mark thread/chat as "waiting for reply" and see all these unresponded chats in one list. After reading message i can remove "waiting for reply" flag and remove from list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Could be possible in Grades, add tags column and filter

In grades, besides the existent columns, add the tags column, and with that column permit filter visible students, this would facilitate register grades by group of students

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chat and Contacts toggle is the worst

Then Chat and Contacts toggle change is the worst. Put it back to selection at the top. It is an added click that serves no purpose.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A better way to organize teams and channels - it is so hard to keep up!

I use Slack more than Teams, but I am still a member of over 20 teams, each of which has multiple channels. I have notification settings configured for most of my channels but still find it incredibly difficult to keep up with all of the posts. Like Slack, there needs to be a better way to group or organization the various Teams (like "High Importance" or "Informational", etc. Too, you should be able to set notification settings by 'group' so the settings apply to all Teams and all channels within the group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let me make the **** window whatever size I want.

That's it. Stop taking up all of my screen real estate with useless, empty space. Your app isn't the most important thing on my screen and I should be able to relegate it to a tiny corner of my screen as I so choose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add option to "show on all virtual desktops"

When using Teams and Multiple virtual desktops, there is one improvement/option that would be nice to have.

In order to see the meeting on all the desktops, one can use the Windows options to mark the call windows as "show on all desktops" - but this has to be done every time.
    (And I think it has to be done separately for the minimized Picture-in-Picture window, every time it's minimized).

It would be nice to have an option in Teams to automatically set all chat windows as visible on all desktops.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignments Tab

Upon entering the dedicated assignments tab, I must choose which team's assignments I would like to look at. It makes no sense that I have to select one and then click next when I'm not allowed to select more than one, either allow the option to select multiple teams or just make it one click

As an alternative to the above, I would prefer if the assignments tab by default just showed all my assignments from all my classes together with the option narrowing them down through some sort of a filter, a similar feature for the feed would be…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Options to Arrange contacts

Would like the ability to rearrange my contact list if/when necessary - For instance:
    1. Let's say I have four contact groups, "Favorites, A, B and C". I would like the ability to either drag and drop or copy/paste a person from "Favorites" to group B instead of having to add by searching.
    2. Create an option to "Move to Group" as well.
    3. Sort within a contact group alphabetically, by current status, or a custom arrange by dragging names how you'd like them to appear.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mark all new activity as read option

Coming back from time off, Teams often has dozens if not hundreds of new activity. I would like the option to just clear all or mark all new activity as read with one click.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More clear selection and text functionality

Would be nice to more clearly see what section of teams youre on with one glance, also when a user is trying to attach a picture or file to a chat, it's not very clear that what you're typing isn't being captured because the file is still loading. You hit enter thinking the message will send together (kind of like on Slack or other communication apps), and it just ends up sending the file alone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let us upload our own custom background for video calls.

Let us upload our own custom background for video calls.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Digital Well Being

Hi Team,

First of all, I really love teams as it enables good communication and collaboration. But, i believe that there are some potential changes which could be done around well being of the end user (Digital Well Being). I understand and really appreciate features like Focusing, Do Not Disturb and MyAnalytics etc. I was wondering if we could have features like : 1) Let's say you put on Focus mode and you get zero messages (not notifications) during that time (So that you really focus). If people have really urgent messages, only then can they send it to you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alphabetical sort option of Teamsand Channels

Not sure why this is not a standard feature. But it would be really helpful, it is something basic for user experience! - nowadays we have so many Teams for everything, it has become unmanageable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base