Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change New Chat icon

Change the New Chat icon so it is more obviously for a new chat. The current Web/mobile convention for "new" is a plus sign like used on the New Meeting icon. The current pencil-in-box icon is for "edit", not "new". This is especially a problem on the Web app where the New Chat icon is up by the search bar. Exactly 0% of our new Teams users were able to identify the New Chat icon...we had to distribute a quick start guide as a result. The UI should be more intuitive than this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indicator/Feedback outgoing audio

There is no indicator when there is outgoing audio from my mic. Would be helpful as confirmation that the settings have the correct mic. and that others should be able to hear me. Not enough to know I am unmuted.

maybe use the badge in the top bar next to window controls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make it easier to archive Teams

We really like the ability to archive Teams, but currently this option is a bit hard to find.

If you click the ellipsis next to a team in the Teams sidebar, you get options for "Hide", "Manage team", "Add channel", "Add member", "Leave the team", "Edit team", "Get link to team", "Manage tags", and "Delete the team".

If you go into the "Manage teams" interface by clicking the cogwheel at the bottom of the Teams sidebar then the ellipsis next to each team gives you options to "Manage team", "Add channel", "Add member", "Leave the team", "Edit team", "Get link…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Help app in Microsoft Teams unusable in dark mode

If you set Microsoft Teams to dark mode, it makes code blocks and notes nearly unusable in the help app.

The in-app Help for Teams contains notes in numerous places. They are displayed in a white font on an almost-white background, making them unreadable.

For an example, click the three-dot item in Teams' sidebar menu ('More added apps'), click 'Help', click the 'Schedule a meeting' link and scroll down:

Can this be fixed up? It works fine in Normal mode, and in high-contrast mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 'Insert link' button available in the compressed view ribbon bar.

Our team post with links an awful lot. Would be so much quicker if the 'insert links' button appeared in the ribbon of the compressed view for posting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Visual indicator for in Conference/in Call

You clearly indicate when users are DND, but In-Call/In-Conference/Meeting/Busy are all the same. Adding a visual indicator that the person is in an active call/conference would be helpful. Perhaps a red phone or something similar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification Sound in Web Browser

I always run Teams in Chrome web bowswer. There is no sound for activity, although we can hear call ringtone. Please add notification sound in WEB browser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Possibility to disable emoji, like buttons, and other facebook stuff in working enviroment

I using teams in working enviroment, it has lots of user not friendly features, but why I need "like button", "emoji", "emoji in emoji", and other stuff from facebook? I want to simple user friendly tool, to interact with my team about working stuff, not facebook2 for sending pictures of kittens. Please make option to disable interface for emoji, gifs, like buttons, and other "just copied facebook stuff".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reply link should be replaced by reply textbox in team channels

The reply action link below a thread is not visible enough and my work colleagues often create a new threads instead of replying to the existing thread.

I believe that happens because the reply link is too obscured and the textbox for a new thread below is much more visible and leads to the mistakes.

If a smaller textbox for the reply is shown instead of the reply link it would surely be more visible and it shouldn't increase the vertical space of the thread by much.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Consistent minimize to tray behavior across different apps

Teams minimize to tray when user click x to close the app; outlook minimize to tray when user minimize app. Can we have consistent behavior across different apps so users won't be confused?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The thread reply data entry box should never be hidden behind the message posting data entry box

So many times people think they are reply to a thread but they are posting a message in the channel instead.

Move the message scroll up so that the thread reply box is always visible and cannot be hidden behind the new message textentry boxy

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Standardize the time zone in Teams web app across the browsers

I would like you to remediate the time zone discrepancy when using Teams web app on different browsers. We see the default time zone is set on Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo for the app when opening it via Chrome, but if we open the same app in IE, the default time zone is set on UTC. I would like you to standardize the time zone in Teams web app across the browsers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to customize the contact card in Teams (i.e. add 'assistant' attribute)

Ability to customize the contact card in Teams (i.e. add 'assistant' attribute)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Contact groups created are by default expanding, Ideally it should collapse the groups.

Under Contacts section - When we create multiple groups and add people to those groups, all the groups are expanding by default when we refresh Teams app. Ideally it should be in collapse mode. (ie., It should show only groups names instead of showing group members also. If user want to expand and see any group, he should do that. but not the teams app by default. it's very irritating all times to shrink the groups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to adjust chat box margins (wider).

When I expand Teams, the chat only gets wider to a certain extent, then just increases the margins. Why would it not continue to expand the chat?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Here's a suggestion: Add a SETTINGS button! Where the heck do you even access the settings?

Here's a suggestion: Add a SETTINGS button! Where the heck do you even access the settings?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do not Disturb icon is somewhat simillar to busy ; needs a change

The icons for Busy and Do not Disturb are so similar sometimes I feel they need a different color.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Groups (not teams) for terminology within the Teams app

Call the left hand navigation panel "Groups" instead of "Teams" to avoid confusion (they're called Groups in Outlook and in Yammer). Change the naming convention to call them "groups" as in "Join or create a group" instead of a team. Also, these are actual Office 365 Groups behind the scenes so this would be more consistent...just a little less confusing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base