Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Visual Distinctions between private chats and teams chats

It'd be nice to be able to better identify when you are chatting with one person directly vs. your entire team

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. there is so much blank space in each frame. there is also no obvious way to search within channels.

please steal from Asana or Slack... it just looks like a worse Yammer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Floating menu on top left corner

It would be handy to have the normal floating menu on top left corner of the window. Almost all the windows programs have this menu.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I don't like the layout of this page. There is no visible area to type the text in. Slack has a defined window. This looks like unfinishe

I don't like the layout of this page. There is no visible area to type the text in. Slack had a defined window. This looks like unfinished, design. It may be good for a touch screen on a tablet. Not so much on a 24-inch desktop monitor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Team Members on the right hand side

There should be a list of user who are on the team on the right hand side. That way, you know who you are talking to when you post to a group chat.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. left justification of conversation feed

The main conversations view has everything center justified. Makes it hard to read. Slack does a great job of making the core conversation UX compact, readable and scannable.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the equivalent of a favicon to identify tabs as notebook sections, web sites etc

It would be useful to have a visual indicator of content of different types of tabs. When displaying a web page, why not just take the favicon and display it on the tab. For OneNote tabs etc display an appropriate icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow more than 3 team rooms to be expanded at a time

When on the teams tab, you have multiple team rooms listed under favorites, you can only have 3 expanded at one time. I would like to expand all of them if I like, and have a scroll bar to look through them. Also a button to expand all and collapse all would be efficient.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alert when there is no update

when you "Check for updates" give a response even if no update available.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Oscar, I sent this to our release manager! I think he’ll like the idea. I’ll let you know if we move on it.

Have a great weekend.

Suphatra

10. Easy navigation back to other Microsoft Apps

Once I'm in the Microsoft Teams experience, I haven't been able to find an easy and simple ways to open up the other Microsoft Apps other than through documents (like navigating to OneDrive or SharePoint). Could there be a simple symbol or button that would open up a sidebar with all of the other Microsoft Apps so I can quickly move between them and teams?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make user search in Teams consistent

In Teams, we are seeing different results depending on the method we use to search for a user in Teams.

1.In Chat, if you type a user name out in the Search area and go to people, what comes back is the name ALONG with their UPN ID (Like XZXXX1@nam.corp.conteso.com)
    2. In Chat, if you go to just start a chat with someone, and type in their name you will see the name along with their USER ID only (like XZXXX1)
    3. In a channel, if you go to mention a person using the @ symbol, as you type…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to add links to files/attachments to calendar items

Could there be an option to have a button to add a link or to attach a file to a calendar meeting? Yes you can manually add a link to the body but a simple button option would be great if the file is stored in Files, OneDrive or SharePoint.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. disable site customization

Provide the ability to disable users from customizing the Teams sharepoint site. Also consider the site template being more plain. RIght now it has webparts instructing users how to customize it. In past experiences, users will just end up deleting the Teams library or breaking the page leading to support problems.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Within the chat section there doesn't appear to be an intuitive way to refresh the content.

Changing machines from one computer or cell phone to another machine; there doesn't seem to be a way to refresh the content of the screen. I can't see the continuation of my chat from another device without closing and opening the application. If there is a way to refresh, I'm not seeing it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

16. NEVER re-set "auto-start" settings when updating Teams. Users who turn this off want it OFF.

It's a garbage practice to reset this setting when updating, and obviously not other settings, so that users start unexpectedly getting MS Teams to launch right when they sign in to Windows.

Aside from the various reasons this might interfere with a User's workflow by having to wait for a clunky Office app to take orders of magnitude longer to launch than is reasonable for what it does, it's annoying and severely degrades from a user's experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consistent Visual Language for UI Elements

Establish consistent ruling for UI elements within Teams.

Currently Bold is used to denote a new message or update in the majority of fields.

However within the Hamburger Menu (drop-down) in the Wiki section (for Teams) Bold is used to denote parent page, rather than a page with unread updates.

Given than indenting is already used to display page hierarchy, this bold formatting is unnecessary and potentially misleading (given the existing determined meaning of 'new' or 'updated').

Suggestion? Remove the Bold formatting unless their actually is something new or updated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Vdsmgjsfhsfjstnztnstnsfhaxhaxbdhafhafnsgnsfnafnafnfa

Tbsgnstjwtjwrjafbsckstitssvbscbzfjsg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. UI change request

Can you make the response line a different colour (preferably white) to the actual responses. I keep starting new conversations not replying to existing because I can't see the response line because it is the same colour. Alternatively put a comment link at the top of a post and reply links to each comment, ala Facebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Horizontal Slide bar is too thin and bc it's close to the bottom of page so hard to select it without accidentally opening another program

Horizontal Slide bar is too thin and bc it's close to the bottom of page so hard to select it without accidentally opening another program

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base