Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simpler UI

the UI is very... colorful. I'd love to see a theme where it is flattened out, matching to other macOS and iOS designs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Built in web browser

Would love to have a built in web browser for Mobile. Would make it more seamless to move through different item and tabs just like the full desktop version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move a folder

I'd like to be able to move folders once they are created. Either by dragging and dropping or by clicking on then and using an option like "Move to...".

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. a shortcut to channels like #channelname in the chat

We are a Slack shop moving to MS Teams (good job MS)! However there are some simple (Relative I'm sure) design elements that I would like to see when it comes to shortcuts while in the chat. We have several times where a conversation is already happening in another channel (one could say bad channel design) or within a private 1 on 1 chat. However if the information should be available to everyone I like to post and change within a channel say something about a project, like a project status update. Then someone hits me up on that same…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to resize the pane where search and favourites are shown

The size of the pane where the search appears and the favourites are shown are too wide. It would be great to be able to minimize it in order to have more space for the tools and chat people are working with .

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Complete Overhaul

1. Don't try to have a touchscreen UI on desktop. Make right clicks do something useful in every situation. There are two types of touch in IPhone for some time now, so maybe don't live in the touchscreen past in a desktop interface...

2. Don't copy IPhone ultra minimal design style. I have no border for the Teams window, I don't know where it ends and the window under it starts because there is no border. Horrible. IPhone UI design is now so bad that only past experience from when it used to be good allows people to know how to use…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screen crop on iPad

When viewing a screen shared from other party, sometimes the screen is cropped from sides if the screen aspect ratio is not the same as the iPad

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Visual distinction between private and public teams

Maybe add a "lock" icon to the corner of a private team "logo" (i.e. the initials in the colored block)?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to pin the side nav bar so my teams and chats are always visible

It's very annoying having to hover over/select the teams or chats option to change who I am chatting to all the time.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let us change the View for files.

Let us change the view in the File folders so we can preview files as thumbnails . This would be useful for folders with many image files.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Esc to cancel editing message

When you choose to edit an existing message, there is no immediately obvious way to cancel editing it if you change your mind. It should be possible to stop editing by pressing esc or clicking outside the text field or both.

Furthermore, if you choose to cancel editing a message, the Teams client should remember the edited version of the message so you can pick up revising the message at a later point.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feed

I'd like to be able to hide each of the feeds as I've processed thru them. Or at least have an easy way to know which ones I've looked at and ones I have not.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. rss feed

The formatting of the RSS feeds on the mobile application within a conversation is very poor. In the attached Android phone capture, you have to use a finger to scroll left to right on each article to read the entire title of the article being broadcasted as part of the RSS feed. The feeds shown in the attached Android phone capture are generated by google alerts and www.talkwalker.com. This is rightly considered by my team as a barrier to adopt Teams as a replacement of Slack! Thanks in advance for considering enhancing this formatting. Sylvain

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Team Desktop App doesn’t have mechanism for SCCM control enterprise environment to update or patch

Team Desktop App doesn’t have mechanism for SCCM control enterprise environment to update or patch. In an enterprise environment, this would be risky for updating/patching apps without control like SCCM.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't return user to Conversation Tab when selecting different Channels

I'm looking for a file and I think it's in a particular channel. I have the channel selected and I've clicked the files tab. If the file isn't there, I'll click another channel name, but the display changes to the conversation tab for this second channel, requiring me to click the Files tab again. It's a second click that I don't want to have to make. If I then want to look in a third channel, it can get very tedious very quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Format correctly for copy and paste

When copy and pasting from an excel cell Teams is maintaining the cell formatting, causing for the text to need a scroll box to read correctly. Given Teams is not Excel it should be employing word wrapping to display the text correctly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

Received a call while on a call, and i was unable to see who it was or how to answer or join.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copying from Visual Studio and Pasting into Teams should keep colors and formatting.

Copying and pasting from Visual Studio into teams should keep the source formatting and color. Copying from VS to MS Word to Teams keeps the formatting.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Separating Favorites’ personal and group chat sessions. and dragging them around so that one’s Favorites appear on top

For the “Favorites” in Chat, there is no way to prioritize chat sessions.

Personal and group chats are mixed.

When there are several chats in the Favorites, it is often hard to find a particular person or group chat session to which I would like to continue the previous conversation.

I often make mistakes of chatting with a wrong person or group.

I suggest the following:

One. Separating Favorites’ personal and group chat sessions.

Two. User should be able to drag the chat sessions around so that one’s Favorites appear on top, as in with the Channel Favorites.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set theme preference for each team

Another idea from Slack, but one I miss more and more. In Slack, you can set a personal preference on what theme to use for each team you are signed into. I guess this would require more themes other than the light/dark/high contrast, but having this ability makes it a lot easier to determine what team's channel I am currently viewing without having to read anything.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base