Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want Slack back. Company to took it away. Totally sucks

Slack is like Apple apps. It just works

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. move tabs

Move Tabs between channels and teams

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a visual indicator for channels that I follow

Unless I'm missing something, there is nothing that makes it obvious, at a glance, as to which channels I follow. I have to right-click on the channel to see which menu option is present.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. InVision Integration

I'd like to be able publish my invision projects to teams this would really help with communication and planning when working on company wide projects.
    Currently the only alternative I can use is Slack and as we're currently trialing teams without this integration it could mean a move away from Microsoft teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The whole UX needs to be re-thinked. Is so hard to interact with multiple teams.

I'd love to have a solution, but I don't. All I'm saying is that the whole approach to the product makes it so hard to use. I like Skype much better. Even Slack, that I never liked, seems more intuitive and easy to use than this. I have been using teams for a couple of months already so I don't think it's a matter of getting used to it at this point.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add an option to collapse the sidebar to get a full page view of the chat window

Add a way to collapse and expand the user list on the side to focus on one conversation (or any ui settings beyond themes)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It doesn't ping me any notifications. UI is super complicated. Don't try to integrate all products available under earth. Start simple like

It doesn't ping me any notifications. UI is super complicated. Don't try to integrate all products available under earth. Start simple like

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. recently viewed - take user to the folder

Give users the ability to select an option to take them to a recently viewed folder (as opposed to it currently taking a user to a recently viewed file only, which doesn't have conversations etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need a UC Mini skin for Teams UI during many Calling Scenarios

In many Calling Use Case scenarios, there’s a need to have Teams available for call control, but “out of the way” to free up screen real estate for other uses.
    Ideally, in that scenario, Teams should do one of a few things:
    Possible UC Mini Form factors:
    1. – Teams could be running in a “mini skin” with just a few buttons exposed: mute, hold, hangup, make other call, share screen. UC mini skin would need to be a forced foreground app “on top of” all other running apps. If the user shares their screen, this mini skin should NOT…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. UX of conversation flow from Email to Teams or Teams to Email

Can we improve the UX of conversation flow of these two scenarios?

• A conversation in Email that transitions to Teams.

• A conversation in Teams that transitions to Email.

Here is the use case: I have my inner loop of team members and we work in teams. For urgent and immediate action, I sometimes send an email, but because I want my replies in the appropriate Teams channel, I first make a post in Teams then reference it in the email for them to respond and continue the dialogue. Is there someone way to improve this user experience so I don't…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy paste markdown text should do proper formatting

Although markdown works as you type things in by hand, it should also format text that is pasted into Teams.

We often have markdown docs or other existing assets that we're discussing, and being able to copy-paste markdown into Teams would help make that process a lot easier than retyping everything by hand!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Work on ease of access

My organization has just adopted usage of Teams. My department needs more functionality in prioritization of Teams and Channels. There's a lot of chatter and a growing number of streams of conversation among us and the favoriting and bookmarking is just not cutting it.

Some have suggested: hashtag/tagging functionality, better visibility into teams we are "watching" and teams we "need to keep updated on"

Feedback was heard that the search function in Teams could be better, so teammates are having trouble finding conversations or announcements that are relevant to their needs.

It would be wonderful to be able to set…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PLEASE ADD FULL SCREEN VIEW WHEN OPENING FILE FROM TAB IN TEAMS

The probelm is that it is hard to show the file at meeting the overview of the project Gantt Chart, if we don't have full screen view or zoom in/out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a sidebar application for MS Teams that we can pin to the desktop

Some of the collaboration tools I used in the past, allow us to position the application as a permanent sidebar on your screen so it is always there.

This allows people who don't like to have MS Teams minimized always be able to see the action in MS teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm in multiple teams and have a lot of personal chats. I would like to be able to pin teams and chats on the far left side of the interface

I'm in multiple teams but also have a lot of personal chats. I would like to be able to pin a team or a specific chat on the far left side of the interface so that I can go directly from "Chat" to "Some Team That I'm On" instead of having to click "Teams" and then find and click on the Team I'm looking for.

Not only would it save me a click every time I go back and forth, but it saves me time trying to find my MOST used teams and chats.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Start over with Teams

Teams is HORRIBLE. It's basically a web app jammed into a thick client. You can't easily see your conversations you have to hover over a stupid tab to see chats. The text and overall chat bubbles are like rusty spoons jammed into my eyes. The color theme feels like I'm booting a computer from the 90s.

Please fire the teams devs and start over.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste HTML from VSTS query changing colors

When I select one or more work items from a VSTS query, click Copy as HTML, and paste into teams, the table data font color is white with a darker white background. If I paste the HTML into Word, the table data has black text, with alternating white/gray background.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot add channels as favorites

I can add teams to favorites, but not channels. There are a handful of channels I want to follow more closely and having them pinned at the top under Favorites would be best. Prefix with team name.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Channels with new messages are not clearly shown

In the black interface it is not clear which channels have new messages. The dot in front and the bold text are not clear enough.
    Would it be possible to have a red icon with the number of new messages per channel?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base