Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do'nt updating information attribute about work position.

The attribute isn't updated about work position.

Employee got Team Lead a week ago, but attribute was'n update still

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am an very experienced computer user and can always figure out new things really quickly, but Teams is almost impossible to use

The user experience is very very confusing. This is one of the most difficult programs I have ever had to become familiar with.

It's hard to make a specific suggestion, but every single person in my organization is struggling with Teams even though everyone is an expert user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channel name is too short

Right now, the length of the channel's name is limited to 50 chars. I can't imagine why it is limited to such an arbitrary value. Please increase the limit to at least 128 chars.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make it more obvious how to add people to a team

I did not manage to figure out how to add a person to a team chat on my own, a colleague needed to give me a hand.

First I expected that adding a person to a team would be similar to adding a person to a normal chat: there should be a plus icon in the upper right corner of the screen. There wasn't one so I was certain I didn't have permission to add new members.

Then I tried clicking the three dots to the right of the name of the chat in the central part of the screen.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Needs lot of improvements.

1. Doesn't sync up with Outlook in terms of out of office, etc.

2. Shows away even when the user is online

3. No option for customizing fonts.

4. No option for customizing notifications. Doesn't show notification pop-up on receiving calls.

5. Takes too much memory due to which system gets slow down.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. switcher

Can we get a quick switcher like in Slack.

A keyboard shortcut that pops up a dialog allowing us to start typing the name of a person or channel.

It would autocomplete and once we select or complete the channel/person/chat name and hit return we'd navigate to that chat/channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. new

Allow the user to display conversations with the most recent content at the top of the screen and older content following. The User should not need to scroll or click a button to get to the latest conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Activity view is not engaging

Since moving to Teams from Skype, collaboration and sharing of our 170 people has decreased. People are no engaged in chats and miss what is happening. Main feedback is around the activity view not allowing you to quickly review what is happening. Sadly we are looking to move back to Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How do you access your favorites? It's not immediately intuitive.

I'm on the teams page, and under "channels" I see 2 documents posted, with one star next to each. the star is to favorite something. Ok so if I click the star to make it purple (to add something to my favorites list), how do I get to the favorites list now? where is that stored/located? Why isn't "Favorites" listed in the left hand bar next to "Activity" "chat" "Teams" "meetings" and "files"? Favorites location should be intuitive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "time" to store or commands

Would it be possible to add "time" to the store or command list? We are a global company and there is always confusion around regional times. It is especially hard this time of year because different regions start daylights savings time on different dates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. using arrow buttons in power point when previewing would add to user experience

using arrow buttons in power point when previewing would add to user experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. All-in-One Communication Platform

Hi,

We’re currently looking for a platform which would help strengthen internal communication amongst 16 countries where our businesses are operating in. We’d like to know if your platform will be able to perform the following tasks:

• Internal communication for increased engagement amongst employees from 16 countries
      -Group information updates and news sharing to all 16 countries

• Group pages of each 16 country in the platform to get instant updates from each country. Each country group will be able to create sub-groups as well (Purchasing Department, Finance Department, etc)

• Instant file and media sharing amongst all 16 countries where these…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tabs at top of team workspace

Have the tabs at the top of the screen (conversations, files, azure, wiki and any apps that have been added to the team) remember where you left off so when you switch between them it doesn't start fresh. It can be annoying starting from scratch when navigating between each pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Left and Right UI arrows while in a doc, please remove

When I'm in a Microsoft DOC or EXCEL online and I scroll with my mouse left or right, and a pop up of a black and white arrow appears and the UI assumes I want to go to next or previous file and does it automatically. It's very frustrating to keeping clicking back in and refreshing because if I scroll too far to left or right it starts all over again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to minimize the last conversation

When I open the Teams window, by default it displays the last chat conversation I had. This isn't always the most helpful default view. For example I'd like to pick someone from the Chat history (Favorites or Recent) to start a new chat. Why should I have to see the contents of an old chat first? Perhaps this concern could be solved when all Chats are in separate windows or tabs ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to have a linear (time-like) view of all the conversations in a channel. Thanks.

I would like to have a linear (time-like) view of all the conversations in a channel. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IM functionality

Please add the nuanced feature of auto scrolling to the latest IM in the Chat window. I am finding myself getting IM and having to manually scroll down to find it
    Thank you!!

Love Teams BTW

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Messaging Apps need to be full screen

Your new messaging apps when you go to add them to your channel they appear half height and don't look great. Can you make them full screen so you can see all the content

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base