Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. previous replies - more visible that replies are collapsed

Could you place a more visible means of identifying when replies are collapsed? The '2 replies from X and Y' is a bit anonymous.

I know it's a tricky balance, and showing the latest reply to an original thread helps keep things tidy in the feed, but could there be something more obvious in that same space like a bold coloured plus icon or arrow to expand/collapse the thread?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. description tool tip

The description box for a Team is essentially hidden once created. It should appear as a tooltip when you hover over the Team name within the left-hand list and in the conversation area.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mini viewer for various components

The Teams platform does everything well, but is massive. I would like the ability to decouple/break-out frequently used components (chat, mostly) from the main UI. This would allow me to use and monitor activity in this components without consuming so much screen real estate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow conversations and files tabs to be removed from channels

Not every channel needs conversations and files - often we'd prefer these just in the General channel and to use other channels for example to display web sites or pdf's in their own tab.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Yikes looks like someone pulled the plug" is it really required to restart

If the network connection drops, is it possible to simply reconnect without going through the painful process of restarting. If it is occasional its OK, but when working on a poor connection, such as commuting into work it is VERY painful. I have experienced this mainly on Desktop version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "owner" has added Forms to the team

Whenever we create new Teams. the first "system" message on the general conversation tab is " "name of the Teams creator" has added Forms to the Team. Forms being clickable.

How can we block this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable IM chat for students, keep the 365 App bar at the top, improve Teams Notebook interface

There needs to be the ability to disable students using the IM function. The fact that it can only be enabled/disabled for the whole district is archaic.

Teams should NOT lose the App Bar that is consistent across all other Office365 apps. It's frustrating to navigate between Teams and other apps.

The Teams Notebook User Interface is poorly designed. Users lose 1/2 the screen on simple directory, which leaves no space to work in the actual notebook. Selecting the team/channel/whatever needs to be minimized, while the workspace needs to be maximized.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keyboard shortcut for expanding threads

If you are in the process of writing a reply to a thread and wish to expand the thread, you are forced to use the mouse to click in the thread expansion area.

Add a keyboard shortcut to expand the current thread so you do not need to leave the keyboard.

Also make the keyboard shortcut easily discoverable e.g. using a tool tip on the thread expansion area.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show team overview information when clicking on team

When I am clicking on a team name in the navigation panel I would like to see the same overview information as when choosing "view team" in the drop-down-menue. See the attached file for a visualisation (its better to see than to explain in words).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Subject only view

Can we have a view with subject only?

Sometimes, I want to read one thread and read others later.
    It will be nice to have a view like outlook group mail box, so I can read a thread I am interesting at the moment.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. UWP sharing

You should be able to share photos and other files from UWP apps directly into teams. For instance, if I run the "Photos" UWP application and click on "Share", "Teams" is not one of the possible options for sharing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams startup in system tray only

Please create an option for Teams to startup in the system tray only. I can get more people to use it that way! I really like this app so far!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. auto focus type cursor when click on gray areas in chat

auto focus typing cursor, when clicking on gray space. When switching between different programs a lot of the time i end up clicking on teams in the gray space then i'm forced to click on the white typing box to actually be able to type vs it auto focusing cursor to that.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ability to toggle windows

When doing a presentation and utilizing Teams for your presentation and other documentation is difficult to do. Currently yopu have to open everything ahead of time to present. It would be nice if you can toggle various Teams windows to access various documents in various channels.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams feedback - improve the process

I'm sure I won't have been the first to mention this, but what is the story with the weird text entry box that fills less than half the width of the field? Come on Microsoft - you can do better than this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Page Up, Page Down, Go To Beginning, Go To End in Chats and Channels

We need better navigation ability in Chat and Channel conversations.

Better search will help, but I frequently find a need to go back a few days, a week or to the beginning of content in chats and channels. The only way I've found to do this so far is through scrolling. Scrolling is slow and painful, especially when it must fetch results for every scroll up request.

It would be nice to have a real scrollbar function showing relative size and position within the complete available content. Quicker ways to move backwards and forwards in time would be awesome.

I'd…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add setting to disable pop-up asking to switch to native teams app

Add setting to disable showing a pop-up asking to switch to the native teams app. I (and likely many others) actually prefer to use a Chrome app for teams instead of the native app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. chat orientation

the User should be able to orient the chat to the top or the bottom of the page. Take a look at Glip, which is AWESOME. Much more intuitive

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. dismiss notifications

Allow users to dismiss notifications in a context menu by right-clicking the Activity button.

Currently, the Activity button's context menu is a (completely useless and disabled) "Copy" option. I'd like to be able to dismiss all of my alerts with a single interaction, some sort of "mark all as read."

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base