Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Inline and block code not fixed width

Please! It is code! This is our only option to display tables through actionable cards, so it needs to work as it should!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show me the number of channel followers

In Slack I can see the members of a channel, but I also know at a glance how many people are in the channel. With Teams I can see the team members but it is hard to get a quantity. Also, I don't know how to see who is following a given channel in the team. If I have a dead channel I want to know so I can remove it.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Version number and date with "You have the Latest!"

When I choose UPDATE, the response is "You have the latest version, enjoy!" Then, I choose ABOUT to see which version (in particular the date) Make this a one click by adding the "about" info to the response please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sticky Cards

Similar to a sticky, it would be nice to have an announcement card that could be pinned to the top of a channel. I would use it to plug upcoming events and meetings. I think it should be graphic in nature so that it stands out, that's why I called it a card. There could be simple templates with images and styles...maybe some simple motion. I think it should be schedulable (or connect them with Outlook), so if you have events or announcements planned out you can have them popup and expire on their own. Having call to actions like…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to be able to use Website Feature, back, forward, get current URL etc.. Some navigation at least, people can integrate add any web ser

Need to be able to use Website channel tab feature more like say... a browser. Back, forward, get current URL etc.. Some navigation at least, people can integrate add any web service they use in meantime if you add some functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Task List

I am interested in various views within a "Task List" that is within a Team & Channel. The current layout is nice, however as more tasks are added, each task takes up a fair amount of screen real estate and you have to scroll up and down or left and right quite a bit to see all of the buckets and associated tasks.

Maybe an additional view similar to an 'outline view' where each main header is a 'Bucket' and the subitems under each bucket are the 'Tasks'?

Keep up the great work!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ctrl+Tab Support

Would be nice to be able to ctrl+tab through chat sessions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Github integration ui improvements

The cards that display Github information such as new comments are very big/verbose and don't focus on what's important. For example when posting a new comment on a pull request, I don't see the comment unless I clock "see more". Instead I see a very big image of the committer and other info I don't care so much about. Please focus on what's important and don't use up too much space.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. user interface is very poor

The chat "tab" should disappear automatically when you select a chat. Currently you have to click on the chat text to see it. Very poor

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. if i select someone's name in order to DM them, please change focus to text entry box, like slack or discord does

I am so used to these other applications and their GOOD workflow designs that I often forget that teams doesn't automatically move focus to the text entry field.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. share a link to local version of documents (file:///)

It would improve usability for a team on a LAN to be able to use links to local folders. Can this feature be added? I just want to have a clickable link to Windows File Explorer, like you can with html.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PERT/CPM View

While Teams gives a good organizational view of a project, it doesn't provide a good view for scheduling. Being able to plan both the individual needs of a project and the critical path/timeline for a project are essential for good project management. While I think it would be difficult to use an interface like Teams to depict project schedules in a Gantt chart, I think it would be interesting if the planner could assign expected due date estimates/time estimates and change the view in Planner to a PERT diagram in order to view total project times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow more than one inline code in one message

something something darkside; only the first will be displayed as code

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove 'speech bubbles'; increase message density

Teams UI is beautiful, but the message density is very low because of all the beautiful speech bubbles hogging my screen space. This is literally the only thing preventing my entire dev team moving to Teams from Slack; an option to toggle the visual display theme would be great!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hire a UI guy!

Hire a UI guy!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pen support on UI

I would love to be able to draw on the UI with a Stylus/Surface Pen whilst in a call. I appreciate this is juvenille, but having a non-persistent ability to 'draw' on a colleagues photo/video while in a call would be amusing.

Being able to draw on a screen share would be very helpful...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the rendering of Office files - they are currently very low resolution

When Office files are added as tabs in a channel they should be rendered in high resolution. Currently, they are rendered in such a low resolution it makes them pretty much unreadable.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include Planner as a top-level menu tab

Problem: I frequently Chat in the desktop Teams app about tasks in Planner. Unfortunately, I can't have both panes open at the same time (also suggested as an idea), so I switch back and forth to refer to a task and chat about it. I have never personally used the meetings, files, or store tabs.

Why it's a problem: The link to Planner within the Teams app is hidden inside a hamburger menu, requiring an extra tap to change panes.

Idea: I would like to add to the top level menu bar on the left or change which tabs show…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to add users to a team or a chat by pasting the email addresses from an Outlook email

Adding users should be possible by copying the address line from an Outlook mail and pasting it into the "Add more people" mask in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. strike through text formatting - web client

Please allow strike through text formatting on the web (In my case in the wiki .. but everywhere

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base