Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More than 15 pinned conversations

Why limit it to 15 pinned conversations? are we in the 80's? we should be able to pin any number of conversations. Now, I can't find with my team.

Teams is supposed to make our life better not hate the product.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. always on top

There should be a "pinning" option for pop-out windows: I would like to click on a button, the window should be on top always. That should be an option! Not all windows should be on top automatically!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contact groups created are by default expanding, Ideally it should collapse the groups.

Under Contacts section - When we create multiple groups and add people to those groups, all the groups are expanding by default when we refresh Teams app. Ideally it should be in collapse mode. (ie., It should show only groups names instead of showing group members also. If user want to expand and see any group, he should do that. but not the teams app by default. it's very irritating all times to shrink the groups.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. get the user report of Teams by hours

need Teams usage report by hours

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Join started/ongoing meeting immediately!

I constantly jump from one meeting to another. I need a QUICK way to do that.

"Join ongoing meeting(s)" button (if 1) / drop-down (if 2+) next to Search Bar on top, visible from any section

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Place gallery view and captions at top of screen

When sharing content place the gallery view at the tip of the screen, or even have option to have gallery mode at top of screen.

Also place captions at top of screen.

Eye contact is important and putting captions and people at the bottom away from the camera makes eye contact or at least near eye contact impossible it looks like your distracted as the speaker.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enlarge work submitted in assignments

Enlarge work submitted in assignments:

When students hand in images as photos or in word documents there is no direct way to zoom in (and navigate around image) to see details better. (Without the awkward time-consuming process of downloading and opening as a separate file).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat

Keep the chat window as seperate entity. It distrubs while foing any documentation work and if we click on chat again co.e back us painful

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pin video

Pin video at top, where most cams live

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pop-out window when meeying is going on.

Should be able to pop-out the meeting window, currently it becomes a small window when we navigate to different window .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate Individual chats from Meeting chats

One of the biggest issues I have with Teams is individual chats getting lost among the meeting chats. Many of the meetings are things we get pulled into that I don't care about to start with. Manually having to hide 5-10 of these a day is tedious. When I'm on the Chat tab, I'd like to see individual chats. When I'm on the Meetings tab, I would expect to see Meeting chats. If nothing else, maybe a dropdown filter to choose which chats to show on the Chat tab would suffice.

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stay in the same view after working on a document

Assume you are working in a team that is in the middle of a long list of teams you are a member of;

-Finance Team

-Channel A

-Channel B
    -Channel C

Go in to a channel and open a document. After closing the document the list of teams refreshes and you you are brought to the top of it. You can no longer see the team you were working in or the channels in it. Instead you must scroll back down to find your team again if you want work on a document in a different channel.

This is a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change Posts layout to be more intuitive

The current Posts layout looks like a Chat window and Teams also has chat functionality. This leads virtually every new user to go into the Posts section and attempt to reply to existing threads by using the New Conversations field at the bottom. I don't blame them since it's laid out like a chat app.

I propose that Posts be laid out more akin to a message board since that's what it actually is. Get rid of the new conversations field at the bottom and replace it with a button called 'New Topic' that opens the full formatter and increase…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the accept call button GREEN

I would like to see the answer call button for call be changed to green. This would highlight the action similar to the hang up button being red.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give option to hide/unhide and delete last chat like skype

There should be option to delete the chat from the screen or hide/unhide the chat. this will be very helpful like skype.
    Sometimes it gives sensitive information when you are sharing the screen. Also, there should be option to open new chat when you are talking to same person. You can correlate the same with skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easy add user to a contact group, channel or Team

When you see the user inside the organization hierarchy, you could can drag and drop/right click to add it to a group of contacts or channel or a Team...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat bar (like Focusing) for when you have manually set your Status

When schedule for "Focusing" time, there is a grey bar across the chat window with reminders that my Status is "Focusing" and what that entails.
    It would be great if there was a similar bar when I have manually set my Status (for instance to "Away") so that there is a more easily discernible reminder that I have manually changed my Status.
    We are often setting our Status to "Away" when taking breaks and forget to Reset when we come back.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reconsider placement of the "Request control" button

Currently the "request control" button is placed on the floating taskbar next to "participants" button and moves whenever the "participants" button is clicked to open participants panel (on the right) and we can close the participants panel by clicking on "participants" button BUT this causes "accidental clicks" on "request control" leading to confusion during meeting and there is no "confirmation" or even option to "cancel the request"

Request to please re-think the placement and flow to avoid interruptions during meetings due to accidental clicks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Email Response via Teams Chat to Decrease Email Use

TLDR: To reduce emails we need a way to appropriately respond to emails via chat. Chat should indicate response is related to email using subject line indicator e.g. "Response to email: [subject line] - [chat answer]" followed by continued chat

There is an option to reply to an email via Teams chat from the email sender. Previously this option worked through Skype and when selected and a chat window with that individual wasn't already open, a new window opened and indicated in some way that the skype chat was responding to the email (perhaps indicating the email subject line?).

Unfortunately…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base