Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Whiteboards to navigation

Would be great to have Whiteboards listed under, say, Files in the navigation. You could use this to see all whiteboards shared with you and your own.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Open video stream as a separate window

Currently, when clicking on other chat, the video stream will turn into a small box that can be dragged around within the Teams window. It would be nice to be able to drag that outside of the Teams window, as well as the ability to adjust the stream window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open file in a new window

When we go to Teams / Your Teams / Files tab and open for instance an excel file. We cannot chat with people while this file is opened. You offer to open in Excel which is not convenient.

The idea is to open this file in Teams but in another window or let say we can have a chat window and the file open in 2 different panes side by side

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Having a tabbed access that enable to open multiple team session.

able to open multiple team session via tab. this will be useful as we collaborate on multiple subject with different teams

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to open a tab in a second window or always open file with external program

If I'm having a conversation and want to refer to a file, I have to switch to the files tab, or perhaps a file pinned as a tab, wait for it to load, open the file using the desktop app, so I can have it open while I continue my conversation, then go back to my conversation. It shouldn't be that hard. I just want to be able to open a second window, like I might in a browser so I can have both chat and information side by side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put the name of the person I am typing to down by the text area I am typing into.

The name of the person you are typing to, and what you are typing are at opposite ends of the scree.

It's way too easy to type something and send it to the wrong person if you're switching between multiple conversations.

The name needs to be highly visible right where your eyes are when you are typing. Isn't this obvious?!?!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. multi-window: Concurrently utilize multiple screens for Teams activities

Currently, a user can only use one Teams window (and thereby practically only a single screen) for all activities. Teams does not break out this area making it concurrently available for the different tasks that I want to do concurrently: E.g. 1. View a current meeting in progress. 2. Chat with someone in the meeting on a separate back channel. 3. Inspect and pull up Team documents from the Team's site.
    I expect to be able to have each of these concurrently and fully visible so that I can smoothly adjust my attention without the clunkiness of in and out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Screen sharing features

Hi,

I have some features suggestions for the screen sharing in Teams.

• Add the ability to copy / paste beetwin the host machine and the remote machine

• Use the host machine keyboard configuration and not the remote keyboard

• Add the ability to have the control on the remote machine without asking the user when you are administrator of the company

And... optimize a little bit the connexion :)

This few feature prevent us to stop using Teamviewer for Teams.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have a vision issue, and your program is barely usable. Why are there no accessability options in this program?

This should have accessibility options. I have a vision disability and every time our company IM messes up and we are asked to use your programe I struggle all day due to this. When you have to magnify the size of the text there are no options to make other ui elements smaller or remove them all together to increase the viewing space to an acceptable region.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Standalone 'Chat' Interface

While I understand that one goal of Teams is to bring all of the tools under one UX, Microsoft should consider allowing for a break out of the 'Chat' tool for user experience. While there are a number of use cases, one simple example of need is where something is being edited or viewed in the teams UX and a 'Chat' comes in, if the user clicks to view the chat, they lose their place in whatever file or video they were viewing their their other respective channel. The preference would be to have chat in one window, and the…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort feature for Assignments tab in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の [課題] タブのソート (並べ替え) 機能について
    Sort feature for Assignments tab in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の [課題] タブにおいて、課題を提出したユーザーのメールアドレス順などでソート (並べ替え) する機能がありません。
    多数存在するユーザーの管理を行う際に必要となりますため、ソート (並べ替え) する機能の実装を希望します。​
    There is no sort feature (eg. rearrange by mail address of users who presented assignments) for the Assignments tab in Microsoft Teams.

This is required when huge amount of users need to be managed, so we hope that a sort feature will be implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link to OneNote app does not work when pasting link of OneNote multi-byte page title

Link to OneNote app does not work when pasting link of OneNote multi-byte page title

When I get a page link with OneNote (not Winows app) in Office 365 ProPlus and post it on Teams, the link does not work properly. (Web View works)
    This behavior works fine with Outlook email text, so I want the Teams client to handle the link as well.

Reference: Japanese support team announcements
    https://answers.microsoft.com/ja-jp/msoffice/forum/all/%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%92%E5%90%AB/9aa134f7-16d5-402f-9908-a9057705c54b

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyboard shortcut to end a call

Please add a keyboard shortcut to end a call.
    Ctrl-D perhaps?

keywords: hang up, disconnect

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it work like Slack!!

Make it work like Slack.
    I keep missing important notifications, because there isn't a dashboard (like the one Slack has as a sidebar, which lists all channels and recent direct messages from individual contacts).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Window Size

Minimum window size should be smaller, somewhat like Skype is.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we have the Microsoft Outlook OWA like app in the MS TEAMS

Can we have the Microsoft Outlook OWA like app in the MS TEAMS then we dont need to depend on Outlook clients as well.
    So all emails, Calendars, Calls, Chats all will be in MS Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop stealing the focus when im searching for a team

on the Join a Team screen if I type in "A" and search and dont find what Im looking for then hit backspace to erase the A and enter "B", the focus is moved to the "Enter a team code" tile and my "B" is typed in there.

Really annoying when compounded with this terrible joining experience

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove your own video taking 25% screen on IOS / Android Teams call

When you have a Video call with more than 4 participants the (currently) expected behaviour is that you will see:
    - video from 4 x other participants
    - a small thumbnail for your self
    - An indicator of how many other people are on the call

This doesn't happen on smartphones. Your own video becomes 1/4 of the displayed videos - so you can only see 3 other participants in the call.

To test this, simply join a video call with at least 5 people from a mobile device. You can't hide your own video feed on your own device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Permanently filter read chat messages

In the chat area (and others too), we can filter out read messages, so that what's left is only what hasn't been read. That'a good.

However, if I navigate away from chat to teams or calendar or whatever, and then return to chat the filter is removed so I need to reapply it.

Would it be possible to save the filters, so they can be reapplied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base