Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen Sharing Meeting Controls Should Auto-hide or minimize

On Screen Sharing Meeting Controls Should Auto-hide or minimize.
    The current setup shows the incoming video of the presenter and the Meeting control hover over the presenters screen share causing some data to be covered by the controls.

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move small video boxes while in a mtg/call to the top of the screen instead of the bottom

When someone is sharing their screen, all of the video boxes move to the bottom of the screen. If you want to see the person presenting, you are looking all the way at the bottom of the screen. Two reasons to move the videos to the top: 1) this is closer to your eye level, 2) it looks like youre looking into the camera because the video you're looking at is closer to the camera on the computer itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create option so the participants can be viewed at the top of the window instead of the bottom

Create option so meeting participants can be viewed at the top of the window instead of the bottom. Rationale: Most people have their external video camera mounted to the top of their screen so this will enable people to make eye contact with the other attendees (not looking down or in the corner)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New topics vs comments on existing topic

Somehow, the way the app works at this time, people who post in our teams posts section are regularly “creating new topics” rather than replying to threads. This means we have a number of topics whose content is “thanks” and “got it”, but worse, important questions as well as important information is being stranded high up as it gets abandoned. I know you’ll try to tell me this content is searchable, but if you don’t know what to search for, I will argue it isn’t. The reply should be the easy/obvious action and the “new topic” should require more effort…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Layout Change for Team Channels

The layout of teams chat should be changed to differentiate from a normal chat. Currently the box to start a new conversation is the same box where replies are typed in one-on-one chats.

Problem: This frequently causes users to accidentally create a new channel message when they mean to reply to an existing thread.

To minimize code changes required and functionality loss I propose the following:

1. Relocate the "Start a new conversation" box to the TOP of the channel. This will differentiate a team channel from a one-on-one chat. Additionally it will make the reply button on the most recent…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make plain text the default paste option

Ctrl+Shift+V for paste as plain text is not discoverable (I only found it after coming here and searching for suggestions to upvote to add support for pasting in plain text).

For an instant messenger, plain text really should be the default paste option--there are many of the "paste as plain text" suggestions in which others have commented to this effect.

This suggestion is to:
    1. Make pasting in plain text the default (Ctrl + V) option.
    2. Add context menu option(s) (similar to in MS Word) for other paste options (currently, I believe this would be one option to include…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Contact groups created are by default expanding, Ideally it should collapse the groups.

Under Contacts section - When we create multiple groups and add people to those groups, all the groups are expanding by default when we refresh Teams app. Ideally it should be in collapse mode. (ie., It should show only groups names instead of showing group members also. If user want to expand and see any group, he should do that. but not the teams app by default. it's very irritating all times to shrink the groups.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When screen sharing is enabled - show attendees bar at top of window rather than bottom of window.

Most webcams are positioned at the top of the screen. If the attendees bar was also placed at the top of the screen - it would allow us to look at the people we are speaking to. (Right now - if you look down to the bottom of screen to speak to someone - the webcam shows a good view of the top of your head.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show my own thumbnail, activity, and microphone status even when my video is off.

Show my own thumbnail, activity, and microphone status even when my video is off. My own thumbnail should look just like any other user's thumbnail and show voice activity, microphone status, etc.

The attached image shows a video thumbnail, but with video off my thumbnail should show the circle "KF" or my profile image and get the purple "talking" treatment, show microphone status, etc. Just like every other user in chat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Online Presence Status showing Away time for each contact

Missing online presence in Team with each contact entry. Really missing the online presence where it shows the away time per contact entry in Team.

In Skype for Business, for each person in my contact groups, beside each contact it shows their status, but also shows how long each person has been away, number of minutes or hours or days.

In Team you have to click on the person then click on the person name to find their away time. This is really a poor design. I do not want to have to click on each entry to find our…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. get the user report of Teams by hours

need Teams usage report by hours

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drag and Drop Participant Video Feeds

When in a teams meeting with video, it would be nice if you could rearrange the participant video feeds to your liking by dragging and dropping the video feeds to re-arrange them.

e.g., You're on a Teams meeting with 9 participants. Participant A is doing most of the talking, but their feed is currently being displayed on the bottom right of the screen. You can then click on Participant A's video feed and drag it to the center of the screen, causing Participant A's feed to switch places with Participant B, whose feed was up until that point displaying in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enlarge work submitted in assignments

Enlarge work submitted in assignments:

When students hand in images as photos or in word documents there is no direct way to zoom in (and navigate around image) to see details better. (Without the awkward time-consuming process of downloading and opening as a separate file).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Channel, with user group > Sub-channels, sub-user group

As a user, I want to select a set of people from the primary channel and provide only them access rights into the sub-channel.

Context
    I have Company X and I create a channel X. Under this company I could have Divisions e.g. Management, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.

Those divisions are categorized as sub-channels. Sub-channels
    are the divisions of the same company. For instance, when the sub-channel is defined as Sales, there could be 31/500 Account Managers from the full user group defined in the primary channel (Company X). Because specific topics and knowledge can sometimes be dedicated to…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chat

Keep the chat window as seperate entity. It distrubs while foing any documentation work and if we click on chat again co.e back us painful

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pin video

Pin video at top, where most cams live

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pop-out window when meeying is going on.

Should be able to pop-out the meeting window, currently it becomes a small window when we navigate to different window .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Posts layout to be more intuitive

The current Posts layout looks like a Chat window and Teams also has chat functionality. This leads virtually every new user to go into the Posts section and attempt to reply to existing threads by using the New Conversations field at the bottom. I don't blame them since it's laid out like a chat app.

I propose that Posts be laid out more akin to a message board since that's what it actually is. Get rid of the new conversations field at the bottom and replace it with a button called 'New Topic' that opens the full formatter and increase…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give option to hide/unhide and delete last chat like skype

There should be option to delete the chat from the screen or hide/unhide the chat. this will be very helpful like skype.
    Sometimes it gives sensitive information when you are sharing the screen. Also, there should be option to open new chat when you are talking to same person. You can correlate the same with skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Easy add user to a contact group, channel or Team

When you see the user inside the organization hierarchy, you could can drag and drop/right click to add it to a group of contacts or channel or a Team...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base