Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better at a glance status "in a call" icon

At the moment the status icon for "in a call" is the same as just busy. It would be great to pop a little phone icon in the red dot to better distinguish whether a person is on a call rather than just busy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload/change background images in the app without having to be on a video call.

Allow users to upload/add/change background images without having to be on a video call in the app. Currently, the only way to update your background in the app is while you are on an actual video call. Otherwise you have to go through a ridiculous number of steps to save it so you can access the image in teams. Also, I want to try out background images before selecting them for a meeting. Sometimes the image resolution is not great or my head blends in with the background too much, but I cannot tell that until I am actively using…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Multiple Monitor Display

Identify whether MS Teams users have multiple monitors. If so, provide a different view that utilizes both screens. I.e call on 1 screen and chat on another or have more people visible (18 not 9)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. background customization

Hy,

My and my colleagues use teams on daily basis so we would much appreciate that in next update your include background customization to be more specific purple colour.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reduce volume of audio of other source playing (Amazon music, etc.) when joining a call; Skype did that

Reduce volume of the audio of another source playing (Amazon music, etc.) when joining a call; Skype did that. If the music control is on some tab of some browser window buried amongst others, it can be difficult to find before having to answer. If the volume is substantially reduced, I can answer the call then leisurely find the audio source control if needed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. While in meeting AND you receive a chat message, don't minimise meeting

Prioritise meeting or perhaps have a separate window dedicated to chat that protects the size of the meeting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve macOS Support

1. Notifications should come through the normal macOS Notifications system.

2. Emoji should use native macOS emoji.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. See more / Always expand conversations

For the love of god, please stop hiding the conversations!

Reading conversations is tedious because it requires multiple times pressing the "See More" button and expanding the "x Replies from.." buttons to actually read what is said.

Scrolling to scan and navigate conversations works great. Lets just scroll and stop hiding things.

At minimum give the user an option to turn off all the collapsing functions (See more, x Replies from) so that everything is shown all the time.

For me this is the absolute #1 reason why I would dump Teams for Slack.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we have a way of students using Class Note Book to submit their Notebook to an assignment - better yet just some pages

So an assignment is set and the student adds a page to their Class notebook - but I want to mark that page/pages and provide feedback through the assignent system so that I can record a grade.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assignments Tab

Upon entering the dedicated assignments tab, I must choose which team's assignments I would like to look at. It makes no sense that I have to select one and then click next when I'm not allowed to select more than one, either allow the option to select multiple teams or just make it one click

As an alternative to the above, I would prefer if the assignments tab by default just showed all my assignments from all my classes together with the option narrowing them down through some sort of a filter, a similar feature for the feed would be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to select their own custom virtual background for video calls

Allow users to select their own custom background, and/or add more background options .. including grey canvas, black, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give a chat the option to be a floating/pop-out window so I can stay connected while navigating

Give a chat the option to be a floating/pop-out window so I can stay connected while navigating.
    particularly if a chat is referencing something that was shared in a Team.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We hope that Microsoft Teams browser version can have the exact same features as the application version

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の ブラウザー版へ、アプリケーション版と全く同等の機能の実装を希望
    We hope that the browser version of Microsoft Teams can have the exact same features as the application version

■Description(内容):
    移動ユーザー プロファイルを利用環境下では、各ユーザーでアプリケーションをインストールをする必要がなく Microsoft Teams を利用することが可能になる Microsoft Teams ブラウザー版を利用することで、サーバーの記憶域をより最適化して使うことができます。
    しかしながら現在の Microsoft Teams ブラウザー版では、アプリケーション版では利用可能な "デバイスから通信等のテスト" や "制御を渡す" など一部機能が実装されていません。
    このため、ブラウザー版 Microsoft Teams でアプリケーション版と全く同じ機能が利用できるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。​
    In environments that use roaming user profiles, there is no need to each user to install the application, and Microsoft Teams can be used by using the browser version of Microsoft Teams which optimizes the storage space of the server in a more effective way.
    However currently some features in the application…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic Dark Theme

Would be great to see an automatic dark theme that can be maintained by a schedule. I usually always turn dark theme on in the evenings, just easier on the eyes!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust Position of Webcams on Screen

Move web cam feeds around when someone is screen sharing. My webcam is at the top of my monitor, when others talk I have to look down at their picture at the bottom, meaning they see the top of my head not my eyes. Would be nice to position top, bottom or the side by choice.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We want to be able to retrieve inbound files history/guest user invitation history/video chat history/screen share logs for Teams by using a

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams におけるファイルの受信履歴 / ゲスト ユーザーを招待した履歴 / ビデオ通話の履歴 / 画面共有のログを、監査ログで取得できるようにしたい
    We want to be able to retrieve inbound files history/guest user invitation history/video chat history/screen share logs for Teams by using audit logs

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams ではファイルの受信履歴 / ゲスト ユーザーを招待した履歴 / ビデオ通話の履歴 / 画面共有のログを取得することができない。
    また、セキュリティログの監査を行うにあたり、いつ、だれが、何をしたかなどの必要な情報をまとめて確認する必要があるため、上記内容をより簡単で見やすい​監査ログで確認できるよう、機能の実装を強く希望する。​
    Currently inbound files history/guest user invitation history/video chat history/screen share logs cannot be retrieved for Microsoft Teams.
    In addition, when auditing the security log, it is necessary to collectively check compulsory information like the date, users, and what they did, so we strongly hope that this feature can be improved to make…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams and channel navigation could be improved

We have many Teams in our organisation and as such we apply our notifications to Teams and channels accordingly and work off our "Activity" tab.
    When a post appears in the "activity" tab you click it and get taken to the correct channel. However, there is no way back from this screen (Activity feed on left, ruight hand panel = channel conversations) to the main Team/General channel/Team list of channels.

You have to click "Teams" in the tabbed interface, find the team and then click into the other channels.

Previously you could breadcrumb to the Team, from the channel's conversation:…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why is there a volume slider for a live event but not for a regular conference call?

Why isn't there a volume slider at the bottom of a conference call, just like there is for a live event. Why don't we have this option?

The volume on my computer is set to the level I would listen to a song I like, not to the level I would normally listen to an audio voice. As such, I use the volume slider in apps to raise/lower the volume as needed.

I don't understand why this feature isn't present in an easy-to-access way for Teams conference calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for multiple windows and improved searching

Allow for multiple windows and improved searching

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pop out any section of Teams

Have parts of MS teams be able to pop out of Teams. This way you can work on one part of teams and you could have multiple chats going at the same time. This would be very much like being able to pop out emails from outlook and then go to tasks or calendar and be able to see everything at the same time.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base