Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the accept call button GREEN

I would like to see the answer call button for call be changed to green. This would highlight the action similar to the hang up button being red.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Navigation Focus

When clicking through an invite email, the navigation pane focus does not update to the team/channel that you are in. The navigation should auto focus to the current team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The thread reply data entry box should never be hidden behind the message posting data entry box

So many times people think they are reply to a thread but they are posting a message in the channel instead.

Move the message scroll up so that the thread reply box is always visible and cannot be hidden behind the new message textentry boxy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the Teams pane to Areas

As everyone knows, linguistically, calling the Teams Areas in Teams "Teams" is horrible (see what I mean).
    We have switched to calling these Areas and it has made the language and user experience much better.

This idea is to adopt this across the board and to change the heading for the teams list in Teams from 'Teams' to 'Areas'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The display name of contacts shown in Microsoft Teams chat cannot be changed at this point of time

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Micosoft Teams のチャットに表示される連絡先の表示名は現在変更することができません。
    The display name of contacts shown in Microsoft Teams chat cannot be changed at this point of time

■Description(内容):
    Micosoft Teams のチャットに表示される連絡先の表示名は現在変更することができません。
    ユーザー毎に利用しやすいよう、機能の拡張を要望します。
    The display name of contacts shown in Microsoft Teams chat cannot be changed at this point of time. We hope that this feature can be improved so that users can use it more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skinning and Branding

How about let customer to skin/brand the UI? Instead of "Create a Team", the client can be configured the label to "Create a Engagement" or "New Business", etc. Branding such as adding a company logo instead of the default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STOP MAKING ME OPEN DOCUMENTS AND FILES INSIDE TEAMS

I never ever ever want to do this.

It breaks a conversation up since I cant have a convo and a document up at the same time. The little sidebar chat is not big enough

the in-teams version of most apps is lacking, like why show me the contents of a zip file if you cant then just let me pick one of them?

I want to disable this feature and just open things up in my local apps. Its faster any way.

I just need a little QOL from MSFT instead of a barrage of broken and half finished…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About the organization Admin Center

I Want to customize the dashboard view in Microsoft Teams admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make the startup screen dark

When you first start teams (when the logo appears) the screen has a white background. Please make it black when dark mode is turned on. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Whiteboards to navigation

Would be great to have Whiteboards listed under, say, Files in the navigation. You could use this to see all whiteboards shared with you and your own.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open video stream as a separate window

Currently, when clicking on other chat, the video stream will turn into a small box that can be dragged around within the Teams window. It would be nice to be able to drag that outside of the Teams window, as well as the ability to adjust the stream window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open file in a new window

When we go to Teams / Your Teams / Files tab and open for instance an excel file. We cannot chat with people while this file is opened. You offer to open in Excel which is not convenient.

The idea is to open this file in Teams but in another window or let say we can have a chat window and the file open in 2 different panes side by side

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to open a tab in a second window or always open file with external program

If I'm having a conversation and want to refer to a file, I have to switch to the files tab, or perhaps a file pinned as a tab, wait for it to load, open the file using the desktop app, so I can have it open while I continue my conversation, then go back to my conversation. It shouldn't be that hard. I just want to be able to open a second window, like I might in a browser so I can have both chat and information side by side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put the name of the person I am typing to down by the text area I am typing into.

The name of the person you are typing to, and what you are typing are at opposite ends of the scree.

It's way too easy to type something and send it to the wrong person if you're switching between multiple conversations.

The name needs to be highly visible right where your eyes are when you are typing. Isn't this obvious?!?!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. multi-window: Concurrently utilize multiple screens for Teams activities

Currently, a user can only use one Teams window (and thereby practically only a single screen) for all activities. Teams does not break out this area making it concurrently available for the different tasks that I want to do concurrently: E.g. 1. View a current meeting in progress. 2. Chat with someone in the meeting on a separate back channel. 3. Inspect and pull up Team documents from the Team's site.
    I expect to be able to have each of these concurrently and fully visible so that I can smoothly adjust my attention without the clunkiness of in and out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having a tabbed access that enable to open multiple team session.

able to open multiple team session via tab. this will be useful as we collaborate on multiple subject with different teams

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Screen sharing features

Hi,

I have some features suggestions for the screen sharing in Teams.

• Add the ability to copy / paste beetwin the host machine and the remote machine

• Use the host machine keyboard configuration and not the remote keyboard

• Add the ability to have the control on the remote machine without asking the user when you are administrator of the company

And... optimize a little bit the connexion :)

This few feature prevent us to stop using Teamviewer for Teams.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have a vision issue, and your program is barely usable. Why are there no accessability options in this program?

This should have accessibility options. I have a vision disability and every time our company IM messes up and we are asked to use your programe I struggle all day due to this. When you have to magnify the size of the text there are no options to make other ui elements smaller or remove them all together to increase the viewing space to an acceptable region.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base