Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put small video feeds at the top centered... near the camera. Video conferences are about engagement. draw eyes to the camera.

Put small video feeds at the top centered... near the camera. Video conferences are about engagement. draw eyes to the camera.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow option to show participants video feeds at the top.

When someone is presenting and a conversation ensues, I end up looking down to the participants bar to watch them as they speak. A large number of people have camera that sit above the screen. If we had the option to move the participants video bar to the top or even a side to match where our camera is, we would more easily be able to look at the camera and see who we are talking with.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new posts vs replying needs to be more clear

Right now , when you are in a channel, replying to a post vs starting a new post is too easily confused, leading to many posts that are meant to be "replies" to existing conversations.

Break replies into their own column, making it obvious when you are creating a post vs. replying to a post. Using simple mspaint and some cut-n-paste powers, this was rather trivial simply by consuming the massive dead space in the UX. See attached.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow participants to point at screen shared by presenter

When a presenter is sharing a screen, allow other participants to point to items on that screen. Eg whilst they Ctrl-click on a shared screen, display a second cursor which is read-only and cannot modify the shared content.

This would be very useful when groups are discussing shared content.

By comparison with a non-virtual environment, it is common for multiple people point to, and discuss items on physical whiteboard. The equivalent is hard with teams.

Note that asking to 'take control' is far too slow and cumbersome to be effective for this purpose.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move meeting attendee pictures/videos to the top of the UI

Because most cameras are located at the top of a laptop screen or a webcam sitting on top of a monitor, by moving the attendee pictures/videos to the top, your line of sight is closer to looking in the camera than when you are looking down at the bottom of the screen, giving a more natural appearance to the interaction.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rename or Delete "Favorites" Contact Group

I have several categories of contacts (external contacts, team members, friends in other divisions, etc.) I manage several contacts groups for these purposes, but the "Favorites" group is useless to me. Unfortunately, Teams won't let me rename or delete this group and always keeps it in a premium location at the top of my contacts list.

I would love to be able to rename or delete the "Favorites" group, as well as rearrange the other groups as I see fit.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move attendee video windows to top

Move the attendee video bar to the top of the meeting screen. Most web cameras are located at the top of the screen making it seem like the user is actually looking at the group when trying to talk to the attendees.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reduce volume of audio of other source playing (Amazon music, etc.) when joining a call; Skype did that

Reduce volume of the audio of another source playing (Amazon music, etc.) when joining a call; Skype did that. If the music control is on some tab of some browser window buried amongst others, it can be difficult to find before having to answer. If the volume is substantially reduced, I can answer the call then leisurely find the audio source control if needed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Online Presence Status showing Away time for each contact

Missing online presence in Team with each contact entry. Really missing the online presence where it shows the away time per contact entry in Team.

In Skype for Business, for each person in my contact groups, beside each contact it shows their status, but also shows how long each person has been away, number of minutes or hours or days.

In Team you have to click on the person then click on the person name to find their away time. This is really a poor design. I do not want to have to click on each entry to find our…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show video miniatures at the top instead of bottom

Current situation:
    When in a video meeting with multiple participants, Teams shows the person who is speaking in large, and small video feeds of those who are not speaking in a row at the bottom.

Problem:
    It is natural human behaviour to look at someone when you speak to them, so you would probably look at their miniature video at the bottom of your screen.
    To the other person, this looks like you are looking at your keyboard. For them, it would feel natural if you "look them in the eyes" when talking to them. But that means you have…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow user to move the video self-view and views of others wherever they wish

Allow user to move the video self-view and views of others wherever they wish. I would move mine up towards the camera so that I look like I am looking at the other user during a presentation/meeting

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better overview on “What’s new” with feature description when it’s “TAP” or “GA”

The “What’s new” section could be improved.

Some options that I’m missing now is:
    - See new features based on your Tenant:
    Only see the new features when it has been released to your tenant

• Tagging if feature is GA or TAP/Beta:
      If your organization joined the TAP program, it could be that you have access to new features that aren’t live yet. Will be nice to see a difference in feature releases in your tenant with tagging.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change contacts tab back to it's own tab instead of being in the drop down list

Contacts used to be it's own tab, now it's in a drop down which requires more clicks and effort when switching between chats and contacts. Switch the contacts back to it's own separate tab!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. surface duo (android) dual screen support

With the upcoming launch of the Surface Duo (and the current existence of dual screen) mobile devices, it would be nice to have good support for dual screen content management (i.e. Like of chats/Teams/Channels/Calls on the left screen and Content on the right screen)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Intergrate a dashboard into Teams to display live queue stats, pstn stats, and reports

Everyone should be smashing "vote" on this.

It would be nice if there was an app button on the left called Dashboard that works similar to Azure's dashboard where you can customize the widgets. It would be nice if this dashboard could render live call queue stats, average wait times, agents signed in, which agents are talking, standard call center reporting stuff, teams sign-ins, PSTN reports, and various teams chat reporting.

This should have role-based permission access.

The live queue statistics alone would be a significant added value.

Reporting could leverage Power BI in some fashion.
    Creating custom reports.

Thank…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back the old full screen mode in Teams.

Focus mode implemented with the Version (1.3.00.21759) does not allow the actual full screen instead the Options pane stays fixed at the top which was not the case before the update.

Earlier only when the mouse cursor is moved after entering full screen mode, the Options pane would appear else it would remain hidden. Now with the latest update, this is not the case.

Have included snapshots of the before and after versions.

Appreciate if this could be reverted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sign-in behavior when accessing Microsoft Teams link

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のリンクにアクセスした際の動作について
    Sign-in behavior when accessing Microsoft Teams link

■Description(内容):
    https://teams.microsoft.com/ にサインインした際、​[Windows アプリを入手] と [代わりに Web アプリを使用] のみ表示され、Microsoft Teams アプリを起動するダイアログが表示されていない。
    本 URL から Microsoft Teams にサインインする際、アプリを起動するダイアログが表示されてほしい。
    When users sign-in to https://teams.microsoft.com/, only [Get the Windows app] and [Use the web app instead] get displayed, and the dialog for starting the Microsoft Teams app does not get displayed.
    We hope that the dialog for starting the Microsoft Teams app can be displayed when signing into Microsoft Teams using the URL.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignments Tab

Upon entering the dedicated assignments tab, I must choose which team's assignments I would like to look at. It makes no sense that I have to select one and then click next when I'm not allowed to select more than one, either allow the option to select multiple teams or just make it one click

As an alternative to the above, I would prefer if the assignments tab by default just showed all my assignments from all my classes together with the option narrowing them down through some sort of a filter, a similar feature for the feed would be…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow people toolbar on bottom of shared screen to be hidden

add a minimize/hide "x" in corner to hide toolbar please

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make black system navigation bar controllable by user. No sudden fade in/out.

In MS Teams during presentations, the black system navigation bar often covers part of the presentation. This is very undesirable for screenshots and also leaves a feeling of lack of control for the user.
    I recommend to not have things float in and out or suddenly appear or disappear without user input, or at least give the user the option to opt out of this very annoying behavior.
    When using MS Teams at work (10k+ corporation) this is by far the most annoying nuisance.
    Thanks for fixing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base