Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mute

Show if the mic is on mute/unmuted all the time. Whenever the control bar shows up during mute/unmute, it covers part of the screen share.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making polls anonymous

Polls can now be embedded within Teams but the option to add an anonymous poll isn't given.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show when you are broadcasting audio

Basically have your icon show up the same way as others do when they are speaking, when you are speaking, to give you some visual feedback that you are broadcasting audio.

I think this will reduce a lot of "Can you hear me?"s and people with open mics braodcasing background noise.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to have

I'd like to have a Muppets Skin. See the file attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow people toolbar on bottom of shared screen to be hidden

add a minimize/hide "x" in corner to hide toolbar please

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rename or Delete "Favorites" Contact Group

I have several categories of contacts (external contacts, team members, friends in other divisions, etc.) I manage several contacts groups for these purposes, but the "Favorites" group is useless to me. Unfortunately, Teams won't let me rename or delete this group and always keeps it in a premium location at the top of my contacts list.

I would love to be able to rename or delete the "Favorites" group, as well as rearrange the other groups as I see fit.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have a Channel be displayed in bold (like 'Unread') if you have UNSENT text typed into any Reply or new conversation fields

It is great that you can leave entered text in a field without having to send it before you can do anything else.

But it is also worrying that you can lose track of where you might have unsent messages -- especially where they are Replies to existing conversations, somewhere in the Channel's Posts scroll, rather than new conversations.

Please can you have the "Your teams" pane indicate in bold when you have unfinished posts in a Channel that are unsent, just the same as if you have posts received in a Channel that are unread.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put small video feeds at the top centered... near the camera. Video conferences are about engagement. draw eyes to the camera.

Put small video feeds at the top centered... near the camera. Video conferences are about engagement. draw eyes to the camera.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move meeting attendee pictures/videos to the top of the UI

Because most cameras are located at the top of a laptop screen or a webcam sitting on top of a monitor, by moving the attendee pictures/videos to the top, your line of sight is closer to looking in the camera than when you are looking down at the bottom of the screen, giving a more natural appearance to the interaction.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consolidate joiners / leavers

Often I see a full page or more just rows of "x joined the team." and "x left the team."

I propose to consolidate these at least if they are uninterrupted by other posts, or by day. For example like Instagram, "X, Y, Z and 12 others joined the team." and then you can click, hower or expand, whatever makes most sense, to view all names.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the mute keyboard shortcut (ctrl+shift+m) to the system mic mute (winkey+F4)

winkey+F4 mutes/unmutes the microphone in Skype for Business regardless of what program has your focus. To use the keyboard shortcut in Teams, Teams must have focus for it to work. If you are presenting or reviewing some other document, you can't easily mute and unmute your mic. I use a macro keyboard that allows me to push a big mute button, but it can't work reliably with Teams because you can't be guaranteed that Teams has focus.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show video miniatures at the top instead of bottom

Current situation:
    When in a video meeting with multiple participants, Teams shows the person who is speaking in large, and small video feeds of those who are not speaking in a row at the bottom.

Problem:
    It is natural human behaviour to look at someone when you speak to them, so you would probably look at their miniature video at the bottom of your screen.
    To the other person, this looks like you are looking at your keyboard. For them, it would feel natural if you "look them in the eyes" when talking to them. But that means you have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow user to move the video self-view and views of others wherever they wish

Allow user to move the video self-view and views of others wherever they wish. I would move mine up towards the camera so that I look like I am looking at the other user during a presentation/meeting

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. new posts vs replying needs to be more clear

Right now , when you are in a channel, replying to a post vs starting a new post is too easily confused, leading to many posts that are meant to be "replies" to existing conversations.

Break replies into their own column, making it obvious when you are creating a post vs. replying to a post. Using simple mspaint and some cut-n-paste powers, this was rather trivial simply by consuming the massive dead space in the UX. See attached.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Contact Tile size in Calls section should be reduced

The Speed Dial section allows you to pin Contacts in different groups, which is great.

But the size of the individual tiles is way too large. I am not running Teams in full screen mode unless someone is presenting. I need a really small but comprehensive list of my favourite contacts - like we used to have in LiveMeeting (and like we used to have in Circuit).

Please allow a smaller display of these tiles. Name and icon are sufficient for this purpose.

And please consider the increasing tendency to run such apps on a smartphone - even less screen…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. “Participated-in conferences” item on the Analysis Report

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    分析レポートの "参加した会議" の項目
    “Participated-in conferences” item on the Analysis Report

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターの分析レポートの "参加した会議" の項目が削除されたため、機能の追加を希望
    The “Participated-in conferences” item on the Analysis Report in Microsoft Teams Admin Center has been removed. We would like to see it restored.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow option to show participants video feeds at the top.

When someone is presenting and a conversation ensues, I end up looking down to the participants bar to watch them as they speak. A large number of people have camera that sit above the screen. If we had the option to move the participants video bar to the top or even a side to match where our camera is, we would more easily be able to look at the camera and see who we are talking with.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pop out chats should flash in taskbar when new messages arrive for those chats.

When popping out chats, they show up on taskbar, and should flash when new messages come.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add company name to the display name of all users.

We would like to have an extended display name for all users.

Right now only the AD field "Display Name" is shown.

We would like to have the following shown:

Display Name (Company Name)

This will be helpful, if users from different companies (we have about 70 in our tenant) will reach out by chat or call. In addition customers also can directly see which company is calling.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Intergrate a dashboard into Teams to display live queue stats, pstn stats, and reports

Everyone should be smashing "vote" on this.

It would be nice if there was an app button on the left called Dashboard that works similar to Azure's dashboard where you can customize the widgets. It would be nice if this dashboard could render live call queue stats, average wait times, agents signed in, which agents are talking, standard call center reporting stuff, teams sign-ins, PSTN reports, and various teams chat reporting.

This should have role-based permission access.

The live queue statistics alone would be a significant added value.

Reporting could leverage Power BI in some fashion.
    Creating custom reports.

Thank…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base