Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding distinctive status icons

The current status colors/icons are limited and confusing
    (in a call), (in a meeting) and (busy) all using a red color
    and (Be right back) and (Appear away) using the same icon!

adding distinctive icons for each status or different color would be helpful

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mute

Show if the mic is on mute/unmuted all the time. Whenever the control bar shows up during mute/unmute, it covers part of the screen share.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Group Teams

Teams are getting a little too many. When can we group them based on teams or areas like app on an phone. It would be much easier to navigate.
    Thanks,

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give Producers the ability to post lower thirds to Presenters

Simply what the title says. A lot of my presenters, when broadcasting live events leave their camera on. I'd like the ability to add a lower third to simply identity who's talking.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video gallery options

When using Skype for Business, participants were able to choose between "gallery view" or having in full-screen the participan that is talking at each moment

I'm not able to find that option in Teams, only gallery view or pinning manually one of the video signals as main and full-screen.

is this planned?

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display All Participants in Video (not just 9) with Pages

There has been a recent upgrade on my video chats to where it now shows 9 people instead of 4.

However, the 9 people shown seem to be the first 9 participants. The following upgrades are proposed:

1) For the first page, allow the people who are talking to be shown here. When the video was only showing 4 screens, whoever talked last would be on one of the 4 screens. However, now that there are 9 video screens displayed, the video page does not show the ACTIVE people speaking.

2) There was 20+ people on my last call, all…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Move small video boxes while in a mtg/call to the top of the screen instead of the bottom

When someone is sharing their screen, all of the video boxes move to the bottom of the screen. If you want to see the person presenting, you are looking all the way at the bottom of the screen. Two reasons to move the videos to the top: 1) this is closer to your eye level, 2) it looks like youre looking into the camera because the video you're looking at is closer to the camera on the computer itself.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multi-person screen share - display more than one screen at a time

Multi-person screen share - display more than one screen at a time

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Upload/change background images in the app without having to be on a video call.

Allow users to upload/add/change background images without having to be on a video call in the app. Currently, the only way to update your background in the app is while you are on an actual video call. Otherwise you have to go through a ridiculous number of steps to save it so you can access the image in teams. Also, I want to try out background images before selecting them for a meeting. Sometimes the image resolution is not great or my head blends in with the background too much, but I cannot tell that until I am actively using…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mobile app dark theme respect system dark theme toggle

iOS and Android both have native system dark themes now. The Teams app should respect the system dark theme toggle like the Outlook mobile app does. Eg when the system dark theme is activated, the Teams dark theme should be automatically be activated and vice versa.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please improve the user experience when having to accept updates to the Terms of Use policies

We recently made an update to our Teams ToU policies. We tested the update with a small group of users and the experience was very confusing. If a user had Teams open when we made the change, they did not notice the very small gray message bar at the top of the client that informed them of the need to accept the update. Many users thought Teams was just not working properly and missed several messages that were sent to them. Please make this banner more noticeable and make the scrolling within the terms more usable. It is very difficult…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change Teams Cloud Video Interop Signature

We are currently testing out Microsoft CVI for Teams. Is it possible to change the text in the signature addition from Cloud Video Interop?

Currently, the last line says "Alternate VTC dialing instructions" and we have already had users ask about changing "dialing" to dialing" (US English vs British English)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Virtual background

Can we have virtual background with the option of a picture or a videa

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using the ampersand have some mechanism to just have the person first name displayed

When using the ampersand have some mechanism to just have the person first name displayed

currently I get something like "@Culshaw Steve (AD)" but it'd be nicer if it was "@Steve"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. get the user report of Teams by hours

need Teams usage report by hours

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Self View (while keeping participant views)

I would love to have the ability to hide my self view during meetings, while still seeing others' videos.

Seeing my own video during a meeting, and having my eyes glance at it multiple times during a meeting (often unconsciously) is distracting, has me lose my train of thought more often, and leaves me feeling more exhausted after longer video meetings. I like seeing my video at first, of course, to make sure I'm in frame (and confirming that I look presentable), but I don't need it after that. I still want to see the videos of others though, so…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let us upload our own custom background for video calls.

Let us upload our own custom background for video calls.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a Channel be displayed in bold (like 'Unread') if you have UNSENT text typed into any Reply or new conversation fields

It is great that you can leave entered text in a field without having to send it before you can do anything else.

But it is also worrying that you can lose track of where you might have unsent messages -- especially where they are Replies to existing conversations, somewhere in the Channel's Posts scroll, rather than new conversations.

Please can you have the "Your teams" pane indicate in bold when you have unfinished posts in a Channel that are unsent, just the same as if you have posts received in a Channel that are unread.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better at a glance status "in a call" icon

At the moment the status icon for "in a call" is the same as just busy. It would be great to pop a little phone icon in the red dot to better distinguish whether a person is on a call rather than just busy.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change the mute keyboard shortcut (ctrl+shift+m) to the system mic mute (winkey+F4)

winkey+F4 mutes/unmutes the microphone in Skype for Business regardless of what program has your focus. To use the keyboard shortcut in Teams, Teams must have focus for it to work. If you are presenting or reviewing some other document, you can't easily mute and unmute your mic. I use a macro keyboard that allows me to push a big mute button, but it can't work reliably with Teams because you can't be guaranteed that Teams has focus.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base