Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to move people's videos to top instead of bottom of screen (when someone is screen sharing a presentation)

When in a group meeting, everyone's video screen appears at the bottom when someone is presenting their screen. It would be nice to be able to drag it to the top of the window instead. That's also where the webcam usually sits so it's better to be looking more directly into the camera (instead of halfway down the screen)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If folders that are linked to channels are renamed, the link with the channel will be removed

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャネルに紐づいたフォルダーをリネームすると、チャネルとの紐づけが外れる
    If folders that are linked to channels are renamed, the link with the channel will be removed

■Description(内容):
    現行では、チャネルに紐づいたフォルダーの名称を変更すると、元々紐づいていたチャネルとの紐づけが外れてしまいます。
    チャネル名の変更に伴いフォルダー名の変更を行う機能の追加を希望します。
    また、紐づいたフォルダー名を変更しても紐づけが外れないよう機能拡充を希望します。
    Currently if we change the name of a folder that is linked to a channel, the link with that channel will be removed.
    We hope that a feature to change the folder name when the channel name is changed will be added.
    We also hope that the link feature can be improved so that the link will not be removed even when the linked folder is changed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Channel, with user group > Sub-channels, sub-user group

As a user, I want to select a set of people from the primary channel and provide only them access rights into the sub-channel.

Context
    I have Company X and I create a channel X. Under this company I could have Divisions e.g. Management, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.

Those divisions are categorized as sub-channels. Sub-channels
    are the divisions of the same company. For instance, when the sub-channel is defined as Sales, there could be 31/500 Account Managers from the full user group defined in the primary channel (Company X). Because specific topics and knowledge can sometimes be dedicated to…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

I don't like this color theme. Give some feature for customize the colors.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Screen Sharing Meeting Controls Should Auto-hide or minimize

On Screen Sharing Meeting Controls Should Auto-hide or minimize.
    The current setup shows the incoming video of the presenter and the Meeting control hover over the presenters screen share causing some data to be covered by the controls.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Intergrate a dashboard into Teams to display live queue stats, pstn stats, and reports

Everyone should be smashing "vote" on this.

It would be nice if there was an app button on the left called Dashboard that works similar to Azure's dashboard where you can customize the widgets. It would be nice if this dashboard could render live call queue stats, average wait times, agents signed in, which agents are talking, standard call center reporting stuff, teams sign-ins, PSTN reports, and various teams chat reporting.

This should have role-based permission access.

The live queue statistics alone would be a significant added value.

Reporting could leverage Power BI in some fashion.
    Creating custom reports.

Thank…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reply link should be replaced by reply textbox in team channels

The reply action link below a thread is not visible enough and my work colleagues often create a new threads instead of replying to the existing thread.

I believe that happens because the reply link is too obscured and the textbox for a new thread below is much more visible and leads to the mistakes.

If a smaller textbox for the reply is shown instead of the reply link it would surely be more visible and it shouldn't increase the vertical space of the thread by much.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to customize the contact card in Teams (i.e. add 'assistant' attribute)

Ability to customize the contact card in Teams (i.e. add 'assistant' attribute)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have the Teams list automatically sort so that teams with new messages are at the top of the list

Have the ability to sort the Teams list so that teams with recent posts / messages are at the top of your list. This will save having to scroll up and down the list of teams to see if any teams have new messages / posts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a top-level Contacts menu item to easily view team member status & actions

Move Chat/Contacts to be a top-level left-nav menu item similar to all other IM tools, including Skype for Business. Teams is meant to replace existing MS IM tools and should maintain feature parity. This includes a contact list that provides the ability to quickly see contact status, initiate a chat, call, etc., and view history with a contact. It's cumbersome to have every feature that uses Contacts have their own implementation of a Contact list (see Calls, Chat, etc.) and a good indication it should be bubbled up to a top level. This could also provide the foundation for a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can show chat and people in the same time

You can implement a trainer mode that allows trainers to show chat and people list at the same time to take control of the interaction between students and trainer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add a list of all members and their status

It would be very useful to have a full list of all members of the company/team at a glance with their statuses (like in the old msn days!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clear the activity feed

The activity feed - once I've seen what's I've missed, what posts have occured, I want to clear it. Next time I view it, then only new AND relevant stuff that I have not dealt with will be there.

I cannot believe this is not possible right now - please implement as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make clear if you are in chat or team

Hi,

it is really hard to tell, if you get a new message, where this message is from. Especially because the notification only appears in "Activity" and it looks like as it is a personal chat.

So please change the behaviour of the "Activity" tab (or remove it), and make clear where the notification belongs to (or change the ribbon tab when clicking on a activity)

We need an additional input-box to directly reply to a message inside a team, too. Because many users do not see this reply button and simply use the bottom input-box.

Sorry, these are now…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the accept call button GREEN

I would like to see the answer call button for call be changed to green. This would highlight the action similar to the hang up button being red.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Place the webcam streams in a separate monitor.

Allow the user to switch the view of user's faces to a different montir so that you can see the screen share + the webcams in a larger size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Replying vs New Message Confusion

Replying vs New Message

Many times throughout the day, members of our team either don't scroll down to see a reply button or just outright confuse the new message input field with the reply button and end up replying to a message and making a new thread. This has become increasing more frustrating and has created a bit of chaos in how our threads are organized. I highly recommend updating the UI to be more like slack in that way or pull out the new message input and make it into a fab button to prevent the confusion.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop reaction emoji choice from showing when hovering over message

We're super happy that we finally can have more than just the "thumbs up" reaction. That came out of nowhere today!

Saying that, please, please, please immediately/ASAP change, so that reaction choices don't pop-up when hovering over a message. I do like Teams and am a big advocate for it in the office, but sorry, that one's terrible and super distracting! The choice only should come up when either clicking on or hovering over the "reaction button". Thanks in advance.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base