Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show participants panel at top of screen when screen sharing

When looking at participants video panel then it will make for a more natural engagement as eyes will be looking nearer the video camera

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video Feed when Presenting Desktop

When somebody else presents their desktop, I see a strip along the bottom of the screen with participant video feeds, along with my own feed of what others see from me. This is an ideal user experience.

However, when I am presenting my desktop to others, this strip at bottom of screen goes away and I only see video of last person who spoke or is speaking. As a public speaker, I am used to seeing non-verbal cues from my audience while I speak and I lose this personal connection without this window.

Please add an option to show video…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make mute button visible at top of window so it's always available.

I wish the mute button was always visible so I can see at a glance whether I'm muted or not. This also makes it easier to mute/unmute myself instead of having to make that on-screen bar appear.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upload custom photo for Teams Background

Upload custom photo for Teams Background

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. split presentation and presenter video

I would be great if one as a user could have the option to pin the presentation and the presenter video to split the screen with both presentation and the presenter video. Specially it would be great during wellness sessions were the intructor has the routine in a ppt or other presentation and is showing the routine on the video at the same time

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. background color

Allow to customize background color for each chat person.

There have been too many conversation posting to the wrong chat window (group chat and individual chat with same people in it)

I want to make it very obvious that I am in a group chat by changing background color.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Making polls anonymous

Polls can now be embedded within Teams but the option to add an anonymous poll isn't given.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move row of participants to top of screen for better eye contact when sharing content

When sharing content in Teams, the row of participants is on the bottom of the screen. As most web cameras are on top of the screen, the "eye contact" is lost. By moving the row of participants to top of the screen, a more natural "eye contact" would be achieved.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show NEXT MEETING in header instead of most recent.

Currently when you open the desktop app around the start time of a meeting you will see Chat and a CTA to "Join" the PREVIOUS meeting.

Please update this to anticipate the NEXT meeting (or current meeting).

This could be applied across all modules for a "one-click" experience to your next meeting.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow a 'frame' around a profile picture, to allow a person to associate with a cause

I would like it to be possible for users to select a frame that they can apply to their profile picture, so that their photo can be seen (they can be identified) and their cause or causes can be identified round the outside. This is seen in Facebook already. Currently it is difficult for people in our organisation to see who is a Mental Health First Aider now that we are all working from home and not wearing lanyards. When it is Pride month, colleagues replace their photos with a rainbow and that means we can no longer see their…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide Self View

Seeing ourselves get in our way when we do video meeting. It is very distracting and EVEN WORSE, it blocks the view of the bottom right most participant when in tile mode (not in presenting mode).

Please add the option so we are able to use the camera (video still on), yet self view can be turned off or be moved around the screen conveniently.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Meet Now button in Channels for iPhone and iPad devices

iOS (iPad, iPhone) devices need a Meet Now button in channels, just like desktop clients have. Could conceivably restrict this to private channels only, and have an option to have it enabled or not in channel management. Seems silly to have this button in the desktop client but not the mobile client.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mutli teams window

There has been talk of the ability to have multi window functionality. being able to have multiple teams chat windows open will help espeically when you are locked into a single screen share and then have to repeatedly navigate to the chat bar to have side conversations and click back in. currently very ineffeicient.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Teams Cloud Video Interop Signature

We are currently testing out Microsoft CVI for Teams. Is it possible to change the text in the signature addition from Cloud Video Interop?

Currently, the last line says "Alternate VTC dialing instructions" and we have already had users ask about changing "dialing" to dialing" (US English vs British English)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remember pop-out meeting/call window size and position between meetings

Every time I join a meeting (using the new experience), the meeting window opens in pretty much the center of my screen and is almost the full size of my screen. Then, every time, I move the window to the top-right of my screen and reduce its size to the minimum allowed, so I can keep the mute and end call buttons easily accessible while I do other work and so it doesn't take up as much of my screen when it is in the foreground.

It would be nice if the meeting window position and size were remembered between…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Request Control button less prominent / harder to accidentally click

I believe that Request Control button takes up too much space and is not a button that is widely used during the course of the meeting, and that the probability of people accidentally clicking it is higher than the amount of times it actually gets used. If so, there should also be a confirmation button to ensure that the host / presenter doesn't get an unintended notification during presentations.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. mute

Show if the mic is on mute/unmuted all the time. Whenever the control bar shows up during mute/unmute, it covers part of the screen share.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow the user to dock the floating tool bar to one of the window borders and set a show/hide property to determine visibility

The floating tool bar covers the screen whenever you move the mouse - very annoying! Allow the user to dock the floating tool bar to one of the window borders and set a show/hide property to determine how it displays - make it consisten with other MS standards for toolbars.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group Teams

Teams are getting a little too many. When can we group them based on teams or areas like app on an phone. It would be much easier to navigate.
    Thanks,

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base