Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve reply to channel and reply to thread usability

People accidentally reply to channel when they should be replying to a thread. This makes the channel a mess. Improve the usability aspect of this making it more intuitive to reply to the thread one is reading right now!

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combine multiple threads - or at least improve the UI

People who are new to Teams almost reliably start new conversations instead of adding to threads. In other words, the context goes missing - which is one of the key elements that make Teams so powerful.

Multiple requests to combine threads have been declined here. I can only imagine that technical reasons are the source of the declines, because many people and organizations are dealing with this issue.

Therefore I'm repeating the request - and if the decision "at this point" is still the same, then please put some effort into the UI to make it clear (!!!) to people…

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to move people's videos to top instead of bottom of screen (when someone is screen sharing a presentation)

When in a group meeting, everyone's video screen appears at the bottom when someone is presenting their screen. It would be nice to be able to drag it to the top of the window instead. That's also where the webcam usually sits so it's better to be looking more directly into the camera (instead of halfway down the screen)

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upload your own company branding into Teams background effects.

It would be great to be able to upload company branding to the new background effects so users can choose an effect that has their company's branding on and it would be available across the organisation.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional Streaming Layouts for Team Live Events

currently you can choose between two streaming layouts (e.g. full screen or screen beside cam).
    There would be so many cool other layout options to improve live events e.g.:
    - Two speaker side by side (split screen)
    - presentation on the left but two speaker on the right
    - 4 speaker on screen
    - large cam, small screen sharing content

Whatever the ideas are endless, but currently this is really limiting some streaming experience, for example if you have two speakers debating something I want to show both, but I can't.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open Chat windows separately

Open Chat windows separately. This is very poor implementation of chat in MS TEAMS, as all proper communication tools that exist in the market have this feature. It allows for multiple chats to be viewed simultaneously. When is MS TEAMS dev team going to fix this glaring gap?

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple accounts on desktop app

Tems should have the option "add account" on desktop app. We need to have multiple accounts without loggin out.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It's Microsoft Windows - so, could we have multiple windows?

Please? It can't be hard to have multiple windows, since it's possible to access the same Teams account from multiple computers at the same time.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upload custom photo for Teams Background

Upload custom photo for Teams Background

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mutli teams window

There has been talk of the ability to have multi window functionality. being able to have multiple teams chat windows open will help espeically when you are locked into a single screen share and then have to repeatedly navigate to the chat bar to have side conversations and click back in. currently very ineffeicient.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. possibility to open teams on Multiple windows (especially when using multiple screens)

Hi team,

As a Ms teams professional user (especially if using multiple screens), i'd like to have the possibility to open different features on different windows so i can multitask simple way using the ALT+TAB feature for example.

Ex:
    1. Chatting with a colleague and need to copy/past an information from another chat without losing the focus on the conversation
    2. i am on a meeting, and i want to let it open on a different screen and open a chat (or simply the calendar view to see next meetings)
    3... etc etc...

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please improve the user experience when having to accept updates to the Terms of Use policies

We recently made an update to our Teams ToU policies. We tested the update with a small group of users and the experience was very confusing. If a user had Teams open when we made the change, they did not notice the very small gray message bar at the top of the client that informed them of the need to accept the update. Many users thought Teams was just not working properly and missed several messages that were sent to them. Please make this banner more noticeable and make the scrolling within the terms more usable. It is very difficult…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Video gallery options

When using Skype for Business, participants were able to choose between "gallery view" or having in full-screen the participan that is talking at each moment

I'm not able to find that option in Teams, only gallery view or pinning manually one of the video signals as main and full-screen.

is this planned?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Join a meeting with video using a custom background

We need Teams to have an option when joining a meeting with video to select the background or blur.

Currently, we need to join the meeting with video off, then start video with a custom background or blur.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make mute button visible at top of window so it's always available.

I wish the mute button was always visible so I can see at a glance whether I'm muted or not. This also makes it easier to mute/unmute myself instead of having to make that on-screen bar appear.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable screen capture

Prohibit attendees from taking print screens / screen grabs of what is being presented in Microsoft Teams (similar to how you can't take a screen shot of a rights protected email - the screen goes black).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video Feed when Presenting Desktop

When somebody else presents their desktop, I see a strip along the bottom of the screen with participant video feeds, along with my own feed of what others see from me. This is an ideal user experience.

However, when I am presenting my desktop to others, this strip at bottom of screen goes away and I only see video of last person who spoke or is speaking. As a public speaker, I am used to seeing non-verbal cues from my audience while I speak and I lose this personal connection without this window.

Please add an option to show video…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sign-in behavior when accessing Microsoft Teams link

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のリンクにアクセスした際の動作について
    Sign-in behavior when accessing Microsoft Teams link

■Description(内容):
    https://teams.microsoft.com/ にサインインした際、​[Windows アプリを入手] と [代わりに Web アプリを使用] のみ表示され、Microsoft Teams アプリを起動するダイアログが表示されていない。
    本 URL から Microsoft Teams にサインインする際、アプリを起動するダイアログが表示されてほしい。
    When users sign-in to https://teams.microsoft.com/, only [Get the Windows app] and [Use the web app instead] get displayed, and the dialog for starting the Microsoft Teams app does not get displayed.
    We hope that the dialog for starting the Microsoft Teams app can be displayed when signing into Microsoft Teams using the URL.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 80 81
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base