Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment review on IOS Teams App

I am a teacher and use Teams to set assignments. Could the IOS version allow me to review students’ assignments, give feedback and points; just like I can on my Win10 desktop app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It has been a problem as most of our clients do not use team and i am unable to switch back to Regular skype

It has been a nightmare for last two days. Most of our client cannot use this Also we have to log into several other clients Skype Id's to work with their team. This is not an acceptable rollout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MICROSOFT NEEDS TO FIX TEAMS

Your idiot upgrade breaks the Windows 10 Recycle Bin. This is happened twice now and I have had to reinstall Windows 10 FROM SCRATCH to get the behavior correctly. And now you just installed it again and it is SCREWED UP AGAIN. The file $RECYCLE.BIN is corrupted somehow and you cannot delete it and replace it. Windows 10 would normally do that on its own but Teams broke the functionality. So now we have a Recycle Bin that deletes files IMMEDIATELY, NO cache. FIX IT NOW!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. please do some memory manaement

on windows 10 64 bit 16 GB Ram its using lot of memory and slowing the entire machine

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it more user friendly. Horrible interface

Microsoft teams is probably the most complicated connectivity tools created. Please go back to Skype and dont work on this teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I dont get the latest messages on mobile versions of teams and have to always logon to laptip to get the updates

I dont get the latest messages on mobile versions of teams and have to always logon to laptip to get the updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I really like Teams, but I think it should have an option that you can receive notifications when the app is not opened

I really like Teams, but I think it should have an option that you can receive notifications when the app is not opened, this applies for the app in the phone and also the desktop one.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. IMPROVE AUDIO QUALITY

We just started using Teams in my company, as they will replace skype. Quality in the audio calls is very bad. Can you help to improve?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The application is really slow, either Mobile our desktop app.

App is slow and time off desappears from time to time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. En el chat - envío confuso

Mejorar la interacción en el chat. Que cuando des a enviar mensaje haya una micro interacción, porque parece que funcione y al volver a dar se activa la grabación de nota de audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mute or duck other audio

In SfB when I place or receive a call it will automatically lower the volume of the other apps I have running on my PC. Can this be added to teams? Now everytime I receive a call I have to mute or lower my music. Both with SfB it does it automatically. Just ease of use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. need to see full message in email, not truncated based on limit # of characters

When away from app, and I receive message via email instead, the email is limited on how many characters it shows - (outlook or on iPhone). This forces me to open app and read the full message which wastes time and is not efficient. I should be able to see full message directed to me in an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reduce starting time on all platforms, clients think that the meeting is over when the Teams starts

reduce loading time of the apps on all platforms, it is too slow to be usable

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Slow response of Microsoft teams while scrolling through chat history

Scrolling back through chat history or even searching of messages on the command type is time-consuming and MS teams responded slow. Hope this feature will be addressed soonest as possible. Suggesting if the usual CTRL+F within chat can be made possible too!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. screen sharing sucks

How is that the free version Skype screen sharing have no issues, at the same time the paid version (Teams) always have issues, even though the teams screen share is a wrapper on existing skype?

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it faster and let it display more information on the screen

The general performance of teams is shocking. The battery drain from this app is higher than a web browser. Also because the app uses so much white space you have to scroll a LOT to read conversations that are quite active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get rid of the "You Can't Get There From Here" message

When you login from Outside of your VPN network, you should be able to just log in Once, and Never have to see a 'You Can't Get There From Here' message. Formerly, you had to close that window and repeat 2 or 3 times before Teams would finally let you in. Now, I no longer get that option, instead, I'm just in an endless loop of getting that message every time I log in, so I never get to use the product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Crashes while switching networks from LAN to Wifi or starting up from hibernation

Teams, crashes if you switch networks from Lan to WiFi connection.
    Also, Teams does not automatically gets connected after the system boots up from Hibernation mode.
    A ticket # 12789305 was raised with Microsoft and the answer i got was "Teams process is removed from memory in hibernation state to avoid battery drains."
    Question : Hibernation mode draws virtually no power from the battery, then why does the process for only Teams is removed from the memory?

As compared to skype, Teams does not automatically gets connected until you click on the already running application.
    2 out of 5 times…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it more reliable - Provide a better error message

Provide a better error message when a user can't sign in. Im getting a 500 error logging in because the Teams service is down. ON MONDAY MORNING. Slack never did this and when slack was having issues you could see it directly on their site and a real status was provided. I spent an hour trying to log in and it's your own service that's down. Would have been nice to know.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.