Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable adding links to websites etc. in files

To be able to include links to websites/pages within folders as disctinct 'files'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pre-order charges and refunds

When you choose to Pre-order a game, when you choose your payment method it should charge the same day. At the moment when paying with any kind of card, it will not charge you until 10 days before said product is released. If you are paying with Microsoft credit, it will charge immediately. If you are paying with any kind of card, it should charge in the form of Microsoft credit to streamline the process and avoid refunding/canceling. For me, I have had to refund the purchase of a highly anticipated game to avoid all over-drafting fees as I no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. FIX the connection problems

Fix the re-connection issues, constantly experiencing these connection delays is a nightmare.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unexpected behaviors occur when clicking some links for other public teams

When clicking some links for other public teams, we can access files or viewing other teams which are unexpected behaviors. It should redirect us to the request page to join a team.
    Unexpected behaviors occur when;
    ・ you click the file link in the Files tab. And you can access the file even if you are not a member of the team.
    ・ you click the folder link in the Files tab. And you can access other team you don’t belong to.
    ・ you try to open Wiki, you can’t click the page link or wiki section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please allow people to attach from SharePoint Libraries not just Teams

If I am in my webmail and attach a file, Browse Locations, Groups... I can see all my "Teams Groups" Why can't I see SharePoint Libraries? I would have to move all my current SharePoint libraries into a teams library in order to attach a file from it.. can you show SharePoint libraries? Also the ability to save an attachment into a Sharepoint Library without synching it locally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Slow, slow and slow... :/

It is is just too slow :/

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Performance Improvements

Kaizala is one of the fastest apps for instant messing, outpacing even WhatsApp. It would be great if Teams chat worked as quickly. I also have performance problems when on Android, the teams app simply never recieved messages when the app is closed. It is allowed to work in the background, but still nothing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need to Print

Really annoying and unproductive with a Print option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to have a provision to copy paste an email in new task or existing task which I'm creating for another person in my team.

I want to have a provision to copy paste an email in new task or existing task which I'm creating for another person in my team. Now I will have to save the particular email and attach the same in attachment of the task, which is time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve copying data from Teams

Copying data out of teams works very poorly. As soon as I mouse over a short piece of text, like an ID number, it changes to three ellipses, with the ribbon and thumb. I can no longer select the text I want with my mouse! This is very poor design.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to view multiple files at the same time, on different monitors. Allow us to make the Files tab our default instead of Conversations

Allow us to view multiple files at the same time, on different monitors. In the meantime, allow us to make the Files tab our default instead of Conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Performance of User Interface

The user interface of Teams is permanently reacting slow to inputs and causes the user to be less productive. When switching between teams, chats and other functions, there is a notable lag after almost every click. This applies for both, the Desktop UI as well as the mobile UI.

Opening an menu or a new chat view doesn't happen instantly, but it takes a moment to render all the views. If you are used to natively developed applications that react instantly to user input, switching to Teams and experiencing a laggy interface is bothersome and frustrating at times.

I would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Performance improvement

Make the app work more fluently, quicker. This applies to all features: search option, loading history of chats etc... currently I use the word crappyish to describe it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make XPS a stand alone wrapper for Word and Excel Forms with Formulas

Make XPS a stand alone wrapper for Word and Excel Forms that contain fields that are generated by the unprotected cells in locked sheets/docs, that maintain all of the Calculations and Formulas for each Cell. XPS is really the most neglected Microsoft program and the program with the most potential. It could easily overtake PDF if you simply allowed us to use it to easily create stand alone forms from our sheets and docs, that wouldn't require Javascript like Acrobat does. It seems like a no-brainer. Stop tweaking office to death and start working on XPS! It's like just a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio Refresh

A Refresh Icon (tool) in Teams to improve audio. Other web conferencing software's have a refresh tool to improve the audio connection. Echoing is a constant persistent problem on Teams, especially when some people have slower internet connection.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. teams boot looping

Teams will not load and start at all. it keeps looping the splash screen saying "Loading Microsoft Teams". fully uninstall and re-install does nothing. tried both x86 and x64 versions. it only opens once or twice while using the admin account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it faster to switch between accounts/orgs - it's very slow

It can take 30s to switch between orgs/accounts in MSTeams - length of time makes the multi-org setup cumbersome to use...

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数を月単位で確認できるようにしたい

Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis

■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数が Daily でしか確認できないようになっているため、Monthly で確認できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, the number of users in Teams' user activity can only be verified in Daily, so we would like to be able to verify it in Monthly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)