Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数を月単位で確認できるようにしたい

Allow checking the number of users in user activity in Teams on a monthly basis
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams のユーザー アクティビティのユーザーの数が Daily でしか確認できないようになっているため、Monthly で確認できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, the number of users in Teams' user activity can only be verified in Daily, so we would like to be able to verify it in Monthly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a Report Platform and or include MS Excel

The ability to extract accomplishments and show them in a report format with graphs included would be superb. After all this is a project management system to be able to manage and report success or challenges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Syncing

The desktop app and phones don't seem to be syncing the same information. I have activity on my phone app that is not showing up on the desktop app even after logging off and back on. A co-worker and I were testing the apps on Wednesday but the activity did not show up on our phones (1 iphone & 1 android Samsung note 8) until Friday morning. That same activity did not load at all on the desktop app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need to Print

Really annoying and unproductive with a Print option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. partial thread expansion

Allow expanding just the last few comments in a thread, rather than always expanding the whole thing. A thread w/ ~200 replies takes 4-5 seconds to expand completely saturating 1 CPU core and then requires scrolling down through it all to get to the recent replies. This is particularly inconvenient if you are frequently switching channels or between Team view and Chat view as all threads are repopulated collapsed whenever you return to a channel.

We should be able to expand only the unread messages or 20 or so at a time.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it faster to switch between accounts/orgs - it's very slow

It can take 30s to switch between orgs/accounts in MSTeams - length of time makes the multi-org setup cumbersome to use...

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If I use Teams mi Jabra and Plantronics headsets echo a lot. If I use Skype for Business, there is no echo. It is becoming very problematic

If I use Teams mi Jabra and Plantronics headsets echo a lot. If I use Skype for Business, there is no echo. It is becoming very problematic

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix chat

Improve Chat. 1) make status more visible... show words, not just a colored dot. 2) separate conversations so it's not just one long chat. so that each conversation is unique and independent. 3) default to 'Contacts' not 'Most Recent'. 4) allow each conversation, and the contact list, to be a pop out window so you can have multiple conversations at once and still see them all 5) separate the contact list from the conversations so that the contact list (with user status) can be visible at all times. 6) make the contact list more compact so more users are visible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remember view settings

For any tab or project, remember the last view used, including collapsed or expanded sections. IE, when I leave planner in one channel to check another and come back, I want to see the planner, not the conversations. When I leave and go back to Chat, keep my groups collapsed. When I open planner, I want to open to Tasks, not Activity.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easy Multi org

I work for a few clients and i need to see each of my teams for each client without having to switch anything. Bring back Skype for business! It worked perfectly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Performance of User Interface

The user interface of Teams is permanently reacting slow to inputs and causes the user to be less productive. When switching between teams, chats and other functions, there is a notable lag after almost every click. This applies for both, the Desktop UI as well as the mobile UI.

Opening an menu or a new chat view doesn't happen instantly, but it takes a moment to render all the views. If you are used to natively developed applications that react instantly to user input, switching to Teams and experiencing a laggy interface is bothersome and frustrating at times.

I would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. limited cpu after sleep mode

Sorry but I couldn't find anything in the known issues and quite franckly I was shocked.
    Our company have been dealing with a lot of CPU lockups occuring when Teams desktop app has been used and the computer goes to sleep mode.
    When waking up, we often see limited CPU usage.
    In my case, I can't use more than 34% of the CPU and from what I have been told, this was caused by Teams app leaking a process that we can't see in taskmgr.
    Therefore, we can't kill it in any other way than by rebooting.
    I have formatted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. mac performance

Microsoft Teams Helper is taking on a ton of CPU performance when on meetings and presenting content.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unmute is very slow on iOS

On iOS, more than a second passes between the moment I tap on the "unmute" icon and the moment the icon toggles.

That is way too long by itself, plus it gets worse when you tap a second time on the icon because you think the first one was not accurate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Very very very slow.

Lots of black screen. Manage the cpu wise. I think a child works on this app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix it so there is sound. I can't hear any part of the presentation.

Fix it so there is sound. I can't hear any part of the presentation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SharePoint

Hallo,

wir nutzen Teams sehr gerne und haben auch eine SharePoint Anbindung zu unserem eigenen. Leider können wir nur auf die oberste Ordnerstruktur verlinken, was den Suchaufwand sehr hoch hält.

Besteht die Möglichkeit, dass die Ordner in allen Ebenen direkt verlinkt werden können? Wenn nein, könnten Sie diese Funktion bitte aktivieren?

Besten Gruß

János König

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams Client asks users to sign in twice

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams クライアントにサインインを起動時に 2 回サインイン情報が求められる動作について

Teams Client asks users to sign in twice
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams クライアントにサインインする際、2回認証情報が求められるが、煩わらしいため、1回でサインインが完了するよう機能拡張を希望します。

When signing in Teams Client, users are required to enter the authentication information twice. I hope you to correct this behavior and let users complete signing in with just once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.