Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to view multiple files at the same time, on different monitors. Allow us to make the Files tab our default instead of Conversations

Allow us to view multiple files at the same time, on different monitors. In the meantime, allow us to make the Files tab our default instead of Conversations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Souce data transfer from One Drive to Teams limitations

As I work with numerous files, using Teams is not practical with the limitations of uploading of only 10 files at a time. Why can't we upload unlimited files in a team environment?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WTH! I spent about 20 minutes typing up some information to share with a fellow associate. After reviewing the context, I decided to "add"

WTH! I spent about 20 minutes typing up some information to share with a fellow associate. After reviewing the context, I decided to "add" another associate, only to find the 20 minutes of typing disappeared upon adding someone. Why would adding another contact cause this to happen?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Faster

In a Macbook of 3.000€ is slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Slow, slow and slow... :/

It is is just too slow :/

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mac performance

Microsoft Teams Helper is taking on a ton of CPU performance when on meetings and presenting content.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. FIX the connection problems

Fix the re-connection issues, constantly experiencing these connection delays is a nightmare.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If I use Teams mi Jabra and Plantronics headsets echo a lot. If I use Skype for Business, there is no echo. It is becoming very problematic

If I use Teams mi Jabra and Plantronics headsets echo a lot. If I use Skype for Business, there is no echo. It is becoming very problematic

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to be able to add a recording of a teams call to a chat group

Keep all old recordings in one place so they can be accessed just like files can in the chat group. The recording should show up as a file to be easily referenced in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pre-order charges and refunds

When you choose to Pre-order a game, when you choose your payment method it should charge the same day. At the moment when paying with any kind of card, it will not charge you until 10 days before said product is released. If you are paying with Microsoft credit, it will charge immediately. If you are paying with any kind of card, it should charge in the form of Microsoft credit to streamline the process and avoid refunding/canceling. For me, I have had to refund the purchase of a highly anticipated game to avoid all over-drafting fees as I no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it faster to switch between accounts/orgs - it's very slow

It can take 30s to switch between orgs/accounts in MSTeams - length of time makes the multi-org setup cumbersome to use...

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio Refresh

A Refresh Icon (tool) in Teams to improve audio. Other web conferencing software's have a refresh tool to improve the audio connection. Echoing is a constant persistent problem on Teams, especially when some people have slower internet connection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Performance improvement

Make the app work more fluently, quicker. This applies to all features: search option, loading history of chats etc... currently I use the word crappyish to describe it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. limited cpu after sleep mode

Sorry but I couldn't find anything in the known issues and quite franckly I was shocked.
    Our company have been dealing with a lot of CPU lockups occuring when Teams desktop app has been used and the computer goes to sleep mode.
    When waking up, we often see limited CPU usage.
    In my case, I can't use more than 34% of the CPU and from what I have been told, this was caused by Teams app leaking a process that we can't see in taskmgr.
    Therefore, we can't kill it in any other way than by rebooting.
    I have formatted…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remember view settings

For any tab or project, remember the last view used, including collapsed or expanded sections. IE, when I leave planner in one channel to check another and come back, I want to see the planner, not the conversations. When I leave and go back to Chat, keep my groups collapsed. When I open planner, I want to open to Tasks, not Activity.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams using a lot of CPU - reduce idle power

For some reason the latest update has Teams using between 8% and 25% CPU idling, doing nothing. There is an issue with this update.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Be able to mark up drawings w/in the program.

I'm an architect, and we use Teams to share ideas and sketches. It would be great to be able to mark up an image or PDF within the Teams program without needing to download the file, mark it up, then repost said file. Similar to Autodesk Bluebeam.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to have a provision to copy paste an email in new task or existing task which I'm creating for another person in my team.

I want to have a provision to copy paste an email in new task or existing task which I'm creating for another person in my team. Now I will have to save the particular email and attach the same in attachment of the task, which is time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve copying data from Teams

Copying data out of teams works very poorly. As soon as I mouse over a short piece of text, like an ID number, it changes to three ellipses, with the ribbon and thumb. I can no longer select the text I want with my mouse! This is very poor design.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base