Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optimize it

Very severe resource drain on PC, requires optimization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Any link or email able to capture?

When in a meeting the power point has a link or email address. some way to capture the hyperlink or email address to use after the meeting or add to contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Teams Responsiveness and Speed the User Interface

I'm running Teams on my laptop with Windows 7. I don't know precisely since I'm not a software guy, however the application needs a lot of improvement in terms of responsiveness and user interface since a LOT of people are counting on it during this work-from-home era. Therefore, I think you should do something very fast. Specially that I think in the aftermath of COVID-19, more businesses will remain adopting the work-from-home principle to a certain extend due to its societal, economic, professional effectiveness.
    Looking forward to your response.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for NVENC (NVidia), QuickSync (Intel), and VCE (AMD). (Hardware Video Encoding)

Most video cards now days support Hardware Video encoders which can substantially reduce the load to do video encoding while providing acceptable output.

I'm in video chat for most of my 8 hour work day and Teams is always the single highest utilization because of the video. Switching to hardware encoding would significantly reduce that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mute or duck other audio

In SfB when I place or receive a call it will automatically lower the volume of the other apps I have running on my PC. Can this be added to teams? Now everytime I receive a call I have to mute or lower my music. Both with SfB it does it automatically. Just ease of use.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. video calls

When I do the video calls, the video of other person, shared screen eveything shows up in a single monitor. It should be allowed to see the video and screen sharing in two different monitors, like Skype. This is one of most feature I do not like it at all.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. scroll performance - messages are grey boxes before rendering

scroll lag : scrolling performance (i.e. to previous messages in a chat/channel) is much worse than expected - messages don't render for a noticeable period of time

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File download or Jpeg files dowload must be made fast

Download files/ Jpeg/ pdf images to be made easier and faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Duplicating Layouts

Often times I need to set up files the same, instead of spending the time to duplicate each effort, we could have a function with in an already set up teams, planner, file, channel, or sub-channel that we could duplicate to another file. Example, File ABC has a folder with in it that is set up with 1,2,3 subfolders and I need to duplicate this folder to File DEF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Call on phone numbers from MS team audio or video call option

Add call in option on MS team audio Currently its only use its own audio it should be able to make or add call with non MS team user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Following are few issues in teams which you must consider in your future updates:

Following are few issues in teams which you must consider in your future updates:
    1. Teams application doesn’t actually run in background even though “On close, keep the application running” in settings is ON, because when you close the application it takes again long time to open vis-à-vis minimizing the application.
    2. Reduce the time taken to open the MS Teams application (currently takes approx. 7 seconds each and every time to open application).
    3. There is no option to delete a chat, only option to hide; This is something weird.
    4. All the above same goes for android application…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Should be able to highlight different snetences/words/phrases etc. and be able to add them to your "To-Do List"

Anywhere in Teams when you are looking to add something to your "to-do list" you should just be able to highlight it and right click "add to to-do list" vs. having to type the new task out. This functionality would also be useful in Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It'd be great to have a personal tracker for how long I spend working on a file or task

It'd be great to see how much time I spent on a file or task like RescueTime can sum up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve performance of collaboration in Power Point Documents

When we try to collaborate in bug ppt documents the system crashes and we either have to start again or some of the changes made by co-workers are lost or erased. Additionally, as a management consulting firm where we do lots a lots of graphs on ppt slides, we use a program called Think-Cell. When we try to collaborate in ppt with graphs made with Think-Cell the problem gets even worse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable recording option for one to one meeting

Recording option is enable for more than two people.
    I can't find any recording option for one to one meeting.
    Allow this feature for one to one meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement a feature that prioritizes Microsoft Teams other than other applications

If you use Microsoft Teams desktop client, Teams performance becomes degraded when anti-virus software runs real time scan.
    So, we would like to ask to implement a feature that enforces Teams process so that Teams performance won’t be affected by other processes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We have to have the ability to delete conversations, group chats etc. The system keeps to much and really causes huge wastes of time.

Take a look at skpe so that we can delete conversations etc. also group chats . the system is causing a lot of wasted time and it if very frustrating to not be able to clean out our chats etc. PLEASE HELP !!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve performance on Android

I would like to see performance improve on the Android apps. Both the Android phone app and the app that comes on Teams IP desk phones (which also runs on Android). I find them frustrating to use because they respond to user input so slowly. For example, hanging up or dismissing a call -- there is often a 1-2 second delay between pressing the "x" button and the app responding in any way. I'm often wondering if I missed the button, and then it finally registers. It's not a huge delay, but enough to be really noticeable, especially for something…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base