Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix unnecessary activation of discrete GPU on MacBook Pro again

Fix unnecessary activation of discrete GPU on MacBook Pro again. Seems to be regression on version 1.2.00.13765

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

77 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when presenting allow presenter to see participants and the chat aswell.

allow presenter to see the presentation and the participants as it is really difficult to control and run the presentation professionally when you cannot see your audience and you cannot utilise the chat as a way of participating

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow custom background images to appear before Microsoft default background images

Allow custom background images to appear before Microsoft default background images

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Audio Enhancement for Musicians/Bands

Thousands of band, chorus, and orchestra directors are teaching music virtually via Microsoft Teams. I would like to have the option to prioritize audio bandwidth, rather than video, and also be given the ability to disable echo cancellation to accommodate music’s broad dynamic ranges. Currently, it is impossible for multiple musicians to unmute themselves and perform together, which means my classes of 50+ students are never going to be able to use this program with more than one person unmuted at a time.
    Lastly, and I'm not sure if this is even possible, but timing for audio seems to be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. contact groups

Contact Groups within Teams should have an automated button that starts a group chat with that contact group, similar to tags.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve Teams admin center interface

If we slit up/down when we mouse over the navigation bar in the Teams admin center, the unfolded menu will show up on the wrong position. If we zoom out the interface, the position of the menu will be reset.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow using Large Gallery View's single video feed in smaller meetings

TL;DR: Allow using the LGV even in small meetings to get the benefit of downloading a single video stream instead of several, when the available bandwidth can't handle several streams.

There's several places where the Internet connection has very small bandwidth, or is very spotty. Our kids' school uses Teams and creates meetings with at most 6 pre-school/elementary grade students at a time. This means the option to use Large Gallery View is disabled for them, and almost every time they have issues because they each see 1, 2 or 3 video feeds from the other participants (but video is…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Switch between accounts

Give teams the ability to switch between accounts. I have to log in and out everytime I want to change accounts that represent different companies. Also, if it was more integrated with outlook, it would make my life better.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. please reduce memory usage of my system. Its reduces my system speed to larger extent

Please reduce memory usage of the system. It reduces performance of the entire system by larger extent

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Audio Quality in Teams Meetings and Video Calls

I get several complaints on the audio quality within a teams meeting or video call. When more than one person speaks, it gets glitchy audio sound and cancels out both speakers (or multiple speakers) intermittently. My employees are complaining so much about the choppy quality of the audio, they're going back to Zoom.us. Please help so I don't have to manage multiple platforms!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upload resources to Teams assignments from Sharepoint

When setting Assignments for students, it would be helpful if I could upload files directly from the department Sharepoint. Sharepoint is great for sharing resources within departments but it would be helpful if these resources could then be directly uploaded, instead of having to copy these files to each teacher's Onedrive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to save entire chat conversations to Outlook

It would be helpful to be able to save full chat conversations to Outlook to have for documentation rather than the current feature of only being able to save one piece of the conversation

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete files from File LIST

I know there is a way to delete a file from a message post in Teams, but I would prefer to delete the file from the LIST of files in the Files folder so I don't have to go back in the conversation and find it to do so. I don't see a way to do this that way. Could you make it so that beside each file listed in the Files folder, that there is an option to delete (or even forward)? That would be great.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. gallery view!

ability to see all people on the teams call in a gallery view

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. a "nudge"

which will shake the recipients screen and alert a sound to let them know their attention is urgently needed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I'm working in differ

The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I am working on different things and documents. Please let us change the status manually or please provide an 'Idle time set up option'. This was an available option for Skype for Business.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. games

add free video games to teams so the people dont see youplaying and your anonymous so nobody knows u play so add roblox cod fortnite u no

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Optimize data usage

Compared other services like Skype, the data consumption is very high, Please optimize data usage for calls and presentation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CPU usage during calls

Hi, I have noticed that my MS Teams uses a lot of CPU during conf calls - both the CPU and GPU are used during calls on quite high level for such "low resource" tasks. This makes my laptop generate heat as well as use a lot of battery.
    Usage goes much much higher if camera is used, but both camera and voice only with screen sharing is quite high usage compared to other similar software used.
    I tested this on both Intel and AMD Ryzen laptop and it is exactly the same

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ctrl + F : Please provide the find option for the chat conversation

Hello,

I would like to search some key words in my chat conversation history, please provide ( Ctrl + f ) : Please provide the find option for the chat conversation.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base